Turn on thread page Beta

Is it so wrong to want my dad dead? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    you guys have your parents on MSN?!?!!

(Original post by chrissy909)
    You want him dead so you don't have to take responsibility over anything. Maybe it feels like it would be easier for him to just disappear, but if you want him out of your life there are a lot of things you can do to acheive that. File a restraining order for instance, or if your worried about financial matters you can fine a maintenance order. Even if your dad is an ********, it sounds like he has serious emotional problems and in his own, however sick way, needs you. You can either help him, or get him help or if you can legally eject him from your life. Either way wishing that he was dead isn't gona help anyone.
    I like that. That sounds like a good idea to me. You are right about his needing me in his own strange way, I think.

I'll see what happens after the complete separation of my parents (still living in the same house, but my father should be moving out in one to three weeks. He may find someone else to attach to like he has done to me, and did to my mother, and he may be alright, but I'll look at a restraining order.

ReputationRep:
    Its wrong to want him dead.... not wrong to want him out of your life. Break ties. Why not? He cannot force you to see him if they are divorced (unless he has custody... does he? Or are you old and wise enough to live on your own?). Or you could talk to him.... *wices* poss not a great idea but if I was you I would not be able to resist telling him he was a complete tosser who had ruined your life.

ReputationRep:
    If he's on your MSN just block him? a tracker installed on your phone..is he some sort of spy?

Just ignore him if he's this much of a problem. Or tell him to back off.

ReputationRep:
    Stop flaming the guy, and try to help him out.

Firstly, wanting someone dead is a very harsh thing to say. Be rational; think of the long-term. I would rather contact social services or tell your dad to see a shrink.

(Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    wow i dunno where to start......even though he is your father you should still respect him regardless of what he has done. i mean be cautious of him but in your heart just always respect him as a dad...know what i mean ? or am i sounding confused ? lol
    i don't agree with the statement that you should simply respect him becasue he is your father regardless of what he has done... sorry but i dont see how producing a child = immediate respect from that child. I have lost all respect for my father because of things he has done and how badlyhe screwed me up and I can never trust him again.

I don't think it is unnatural to want your father dea.. i have wished it many a time. I think you just need to work through that and identify how his actions have made you a stronger person

ReputationRep:
    I can see it can be difficult. My Dad is a manic depressive for about 15 years, and although he has done loads of well nasty things in the past, he is still my dad and now finally things are looking up.

You could kill get your dad killed in a week? Stop talking bollox. I wouldn't wish anyone to die, especially my Dad of all people. It sounds to me like you letting off hot air after a difficult experience. You have a lot going for you, being bitter isn't going to get you anywhere, life is too short.

My mum has been given several offers by friends to get rid of him, so no *******s there. All I'd have to do is ask my mum who has considered it anyway, and the deed would be done.

The "difficult experience" as you put it has lasted most of my life. Coming back from hospital today he started trying to push a van off the road for pushing in a traffic jam!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don't understand. Were you in the car with him? I thought you were 200 miles away at uni? Your parents are divorced yes- so why are you are still seeing him?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.