Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You said that you didn't know anybody that was part of a club etc...well, do they have sports socities e.g rugby footbal etc and if so, how popular are they?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    yeh you can play footbal for city uni and i also no there is a basketball team to.

ReputationRep:
    good job i'm not a fan of basketball

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Huum i know there is football team,but i dont think its organised well as people put there mates into the team not the best players, thats what my mate told me and i heard we lost most of our games, not sure if there basketball team didnt see it at the fresher fair mate, so maybe....

ReputationRep:
    what about rugby??

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    here are some of the clubs at city uni

Aikido
    Badminton
    Men's Basketball
    Women's Basketball
    Bridge
    Chess
    Cricket
    Dance
    Fencing
    Men's Football
    Women's Football
    Hiking
    Hockey
    Netball
    Rugby
    Sailing
    Shorinji Kempo
    Ski & Snowboard
    Squash
    Tennis
    Volleyball
    Wrestling

football for example i think we finished 3rd in the league (out 1st team), 2nd was kings and 1st was .... hmm i cant remember, but the point is if there is the club u want and there are a few uni teams you will most likely enjoy, we are not exactly the best but not too bad.

hope that helps

Sumit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    here are some of the clubs at city uni

Squash
    Tennis

hope that helps

Sumit.
    Can you just join for fun and play?...

I'm a beginner at both sports, so I just want to start playing it there.

ReputationRep:
    Nice sumit. Thanks alot. +REP for you. Is the football 5-a-side or full pitch length?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    im not too sure about the specifics of any clubs
    but ill try to answer any questions i can
    (Original post by Element54)
    Can you just join for fun and play?...

I'm a beginner at both sports, so I just want to start playing it there.
    Yea you can go for fun to any clubs, just join them and take part in the practice sessions etc, and if you are good or get better then you can play matches. (there are sometimes a few teams for different standards of players)

(Original post by xavier2k3)
    Nice sumit. Thanks alot. +REP for you. Is the football 5-a-side or full pitch length?

regards
    --marty
    thanks for the rep,

well to be honest im not sure , i think its full picth, but me and a group friends have started our own 5-aside sorta club. we just put £2 in each and go and play outdoor 5-aside at a local sports centre. its somin that you can arrange very simply.

Sumit

ReputationRep:
    hey my name is sandra and im starting at city and pasychology Bcs now in sept. and accordning to the info i recieved the enrolment takes place from the 18th and thats when we are excpected to attend at school if they teach during theses days of introduction i dont know unfortunatly....does anybody know anything about the reputation on the psychology program perhaps? thanks a lot/all the best for now/Sandra

ReputationRep:
    18th september/october? Check the other topic you posted this in for info about the course.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    the course starts on the 18th of sept. as far as i have been informed.../best l.sandra

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i was hoping more for a late september/early october start! Nevermind, the sooner the better! Look forward to seeing you there.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    The following is in regards to the mathematics dept., for a student beginning this september:

One of my friends said that the first half of the year is almost repeating a level maths. Is this true? Also what are the other students like; I mean are they laid back, or really into their studies? And how are the staff - approachable ect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloer)
    The following is in regards to the mathematics dept., for a student beginning this september:

One of my friends said that the first half of the year is almost repeating a level maths. Is this true? Also what are the other students like; I mean are they laid back, or really into their studies? And how are the staff - approachable ect?

first half is mostly a level consolidation and making sure everyone is on the same wavelength... and there will also be more material... in some cases extension and in other addition...

what are students like? varies from yr to yr and ppl to ppl... in my yr you have piss takers like myself who just doss around and then others like my good friend who works his ass off... staff are generally very approachable and friendly but then you get some *******s...

it really varies from person to person i guess.. but i think the course is balanced... you should have a good time... what course you doing? i know you mentioned it before...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i was hoping more for a late september/early october start! Nevermind, the sooner the better! Look forward to seeing you there.

regards
    --marty
    18th is freshers week... classes start on the 25th

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit better then, nice . Thanks kishan.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit better then, nice . Thanks kishan.

regards
    --marty
    you are very welcome

ReputationRep:
    im doing maths with finance and economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloer)
    im doing maths with finance and economics
    should have a good time...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.