Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Generally, gay guys hang out with girls. That doesn't mean that if you hang around with girls you are therefore gay! Hanging around with girls doesn't define your "gayness"!! "Gayness" is simply defined on who you like - boys or girls/men or women. Admittedly, gay guys share a lot of characteristics, but that still doesn't define whether someone is gay or not.

What would boys think? They probably wouldn't!! I know I wouldn't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_nems_05)
    but it all depends tho...between gay men..one of em has 2 be like the woman and the other as the man....the one acting like the man would be difficult to determine his sexuality compared with the man acting as the woman in the relationship(it's easy to know if they are gay or not)
    No, they don't. Stop talking crock.

ReputationRep:
    I live with 3 girls. Therefore I'm a raging homosexual trapped in a straight's body. "You're not gay, you're just a little bit poofy!" Daffyd, Little Britain

ReputationRep:
    Now I thought wanting to be with women is usually taken as a sign you are straight :p:

On a serious not all of the bellow exist and are very much real:

Masculine Straight guys
    Feminine Straight guys
    Masculine Bi guys
    Feminine Bi guys
    Masculine Gay guys
    Feminine Gay guys
    Masculine Straight girls
    Feminine Straight girls
    Masculine Bi girls
    Feminine Bi girls
    Masculine Lesbian girls
    Feminine Lesbian girls

Now, if you try to think about where you are in that long list, it is quite likely that non of the options fit you perfectly. The same goes for pretty much everyone else as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon2000uk)
    I think it is usually a sign of homosexuality actually. But not definative.
    It's not at all. Im 19 and most of the friends I've made in the past couple of years have been girls. Doesn't mean you have to sleep with them all either.

ReputationRep:
    omfg GHEY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    hows that the other way round?
    Cause and effect. You said gay men were feminine and therefore hang around with women. He said gay men happen to be more comfortable around women, for whatever reason, let's say they think women are less judgemental or something, and that it's hanging around women that gives them feminine characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't make you anything... Unless your boning one of these girls... Then of course, it is easy to assume you're not gay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this sounds very silly but, if a boy at school hangs around with girls mostly, would that make him gay?
    -
    What do boys think when a boy don't hang around with the other boys?
    -
    Being labelled as a ladies man a good or a bad thing? Do boys feel insecure on ladies men?
    -
    sure, you'll find gay guys with lots of girl friends, but also gay guys with boy friends too! I don't think you can stereotype in that way. You might have situations where a guy prefers and gets on better with girls, and can talk with them etc, but still be heterosexual.

People used to say i was gay for hanging around girls all the time! but to be quite honest, the "str8" guys in the changing rooms rubbing and hugging eachother in just their boxers seemed wayyy more homosexual than hanging out with girls! LOL

ReputationRep:
    Not Gay.

ReputationRep:
    AND there are alot more gay people out there than you think! until the whole of society fully accepts gay people then we'll never know!

ReputationRep:
    The space in the closet is getting smaller

(Original post by lil_nems_05)
    Of a guy always hangs out with girls all the time...then quite obviously he is gay..he can't hang around with boys because he is afraid he would fall in love...

i got a friend like that...even if it doesn't look it,...but i knew he was gay coz he was always with me and my gf's all d time..
    Im a guy who hangs around with lots of girls who are friends,
    but then i've got a lot of guys who are friends.

The nice thing about hanging around with girls, is that they can set you up with their girl/friends... and you dont have to worry about whomever they're with coming on to you. Like you have to worry about your bloke friends girlfriends coming on to you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I'm straight and have quite a few female friends. Equally, I also have quite a few male friends. I would say though, where I have female friends, I've fancied/ loved been out with whatever one of them and the others are her friends, I think I tend to have a few really close friends who are girls and a more general collection of guys who i'm mates with. One of my best friends is a girl (but admittedly I did used to fancy her, and we just stayed friends). Other friends who are female I met at parties who are friends of others etc etc. I think it's really hard to generalise. I think often it's easier to make friends with girls if you're attracted to them sexually and then you find you are character wise too. That's something you evidentally don't feel with your male friends (if you're straight anyway). I don't know if I've made any sense!!
    Also, I find it easier to have be funny with girls like joke and stuff as lots of them have sense of humour- it's just fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a guy who hangs around with lots of girls who are friends,
    but then i've got a lot of guys who are friends.

The nice thing about hanging around with girls, is that they can set you up with their girl/friends... and you dont have to worry about whomever they're with coming on to you. Like you have to worry about your bloke friends girlfriends coming on to you.
    YES. That's also true. They can set you up with their friends and talk to them etc etc. Tis a useful advantage.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's all to do with the shared emotional openness of gay men and most women. We'll talk about anything, openly - and we love to talk. There are plenty of guys who are the same!

I reckon those guys less inclined to wear the 'straight jacket' of convention when it comes to being and acting straight will also find that they have a lot of female friends.

Also. We are not attracted to them so it's kinda easier to talk to them. I get flustered around hot guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon2000uk)
    I think it's all to do with the shared emotional openness of gay men and most women. We'll talk about anything, openly - and we love to talk. There are plenty of guys who are the same!

I reckon those guys less inclined to wear the 'straight jacket' of convention when it comes to being and acting straight will also find that they have a lot of female friends.

Also. We are not attracted to them so it's kinda easier to talk to them. I get flustered around hot guys!
    I sometimes find it challenging to talk to both hot women and good looking guys- with women it's more of a she's way out my league thing and she'll never like me cos she's so beautiful, but with good looking guys it's like a superiority thing, like hmm, well, they're better looking than me so you feel a bit demoralised and jealous.

ReputationRep:
    I've got two male friends who seem to surround themself with women. One is bisexual, although he flirts outrageously with a lot of his female friends. The other is rampantly heterosexual, and reasonably good looking. I think he choses to have a lot of female friends because he likes the attention.
    I don't think it's an indicator of homosexuality, more of 'campness' perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert but I think sucking **** makes you gay...

ReputationRep:
    i have more female friend's than i do male friend's because in my opinion they're more mature and trustworthy, but it just depend's on who you're friends with i suppose

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.