Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

You know it'd put a smile on your face! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ram SRT-10: 2.3 tonnes
    Cayenne Turbo: 2.3 tonnes :eek:

Ram 0-60: 5.2 sec
    Cayenne: 4.8 sec :eek:

:eek: And the Cayenne has seating for 5, and AWD!! The Ram single cab is only 2wd and seating for 2(3), it should weigh less!!!! Oh well, at least it costs less.

Guess we'll have to give Hennessey a call, for a 1000bhp, 0-60 in 3.1 sec, 0-133 in 10.3 sec. The price for the Ram plus the upgrade is probably less than the total price of the Porsche. I think the upgrade is like $50,000. Buy the one on Autotrader for £25,000, spend £30,000 on the upgrade. You've now got a truck that can out accelerate a Carrera GT, let alone a Cayenne Turbo S, all for the price of a new 911.

I know the idea is ridiculous, but that's what this thread is meant for, the insane! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    When I looked it up there was a 521 bhp/531 lb/ft 0-60 in 5 sec model. "Turbo S 5d Tiptronic", twin turbo, semi-auto 6 speed.

I have nothing to back it up but I don't think that 'thing' () would stand a chance against the Cayenne on something like the Nurburgring which obviously a lot take as a kind of benchmark track.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Despite the weight differences (or lack there of), I found several Rams running high 12 sec 1/4 mile times stock?!?! That's wierd, must be the gearing or something.

ReputationRep:
    DAMN that viper is nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    Despite the weight differences (or lack there of), I found several Rams running high 12 sec 1/4 mile times stock?!?! That's wierd, must be the gearing or something.
    Cayenne has a higher top end (by a fair bit I think) so your gearing idea could explain it, as could the totally different drive system and balance of mass.

When looking I thought I had found 13.75 being the Ram's 1/4 mile stock but I could be wrong, not really my thing! [1/4 mile times].

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, most are around the mid-high 13's. I just found a couple at high 12's, but it might have been on slicks. I know the Ram has almost no traction in 1st and most of 2nd gear, as there isn't any weight over the rear tyres. The Cayenne should get a better launch since it has AWD, but then it's an auto too.

I would safely assume it is pretty much slower than the Porsche in almost every way. What is the top speed on the Porsche? I know the Ram does about 150mph.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.