danny111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
Get your head out of your arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphu65q3NrI
I see CR7 apologizing to Pep in this video?
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Very interesting move and I'm still surprised by it.

Would love to know his true intentions for taking the job.. Surprised he took a 3 year contract - didn't he only take 1 year contracts at Barcelona?
Jack93o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
Get your head out of your arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphu65q3NrI
so?

I would've refused to shake the hands of that tosser
boumavilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Darth Vader 7)
Bayern confirm that Pep Guardiola will be their manager this summer. Didn't see that coming tbh.
That's very surprising! :eek3:

I wonder what the urge was to manage Bayern. Because they're already at the top of German football, so I suppose the only urge for them now is to win the Champions League, which they might do this season.

I also am interested to see how they will play with Pep in charge. Will they continue to play in the Germanic style or will he change the system to become more Spanish and pretty to watch? :chaplin:
Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Very interesting move and I'm still surprised by it.

Would love to know his true intentions for taking the job.. Surprised he took a 3 year contract - didn't he only take 1 year contracts at Barcelona?
Bayern Munich = guaranteed trophies and success = better CV.

Bottled it w/ regards to the premier league. I guess he knows he can't handle the pressure.
saberahmed786
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmm will be really interesting to see Guardoila without Barcelona. He might just show how good a manager he is in Bayern...or it could all go down the pan D:

should be an interesting watch.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Yawn-er)

Bottled it w/ regards to the premier league. I guess he knows he can't handle the pressure.
True, you'd have to put Bayern as favourites for both the league and the domestic cup followed by Dortmund, Leverkusan etc..
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Yawn-er)

Yup. Add the whole fact that munich's youth squad is second to barca, has less of a challenge for the league(only dortmund who will fade soon enough)
thedarklord12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
After months of endless boasting by Chelski fans over how they were going to land Guardiola, I'm glad he's chosen Bayern. I would love to have seen Abaramovich's reaction when he heard this news. Looks like the fans will have to put up with Rafa for the foreseeable future
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boumavilla)
That's very surprising! :eek3:

I wonder what the urge was to manage Bayern. Because they're already at the top of German football, so I suppose the only urge for them now is to win the Champions League, which they might do this season.

I also am interested to see how they will play with Pep in charge. Will they continue to play in the Germanic style or will he change the system to become more Spanish and pretty to watch? :chaplin:
Hopefully he carries on with the counter attacking style(more aesthetically pleasing) although I'd also be intrigued if he got them playing tika taka football, I'd gain a lot more respect for guardiola as a manager.
(Original post by thedarklord12)
After months of endless boasting by Chelski fans over how they were going to land Guardiola, I'm glad he's chosen Bayern. I would love to have seen Abaramovich's reaction when he heard this news. Looks like the fans will have to put up with Rafa for the foreseeable future
Tbh I knew we weren't getting guardiola. Plus I absolutely hate tika taka so don't want him here to implement that style.
KD35
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It will now show how good or bad he actually is. He inherited the best team in the world with some of the best players in the world all hitting their peak at the same time. Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Villa, Dani Alves, Pique, Puyol. Plus he got pretty much limitless funds to buy any player aswell, Fabregas, Sanchez. I'm not saying this means he's a bad manager but surely that isn't a test of ones managerial ability.

I think that Barcelona team would have won everything they won even with Gervinho as manager.
KD35
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jack93o)
so?

I would've refused to shake the hands of that tosser
How is he a tosser? Shows Guardiola lacks a bit of class, Ronaldo has the class to let bygones be bgyones.
thedarklord12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Hopefully he carries on with the counter attacking style(more aesthetically pleasing) although I'd also be intrigued if he got them playing tika taka football, I'd gain a lot more respect for guardiola as a manager.

Tbh I knew we weren't getting guardiola. Plus I absolutely hate tika taka so don't want him here to implement that style.
I don't think even Guardiola would've got Chelsea to play in the fluid tiki taka style that Barca like to play. There aren't any quality passers of the ball in the Chelsea squad in the same league as Xavi and Iniesta. Also Chelsea play in such a rigid one dimensional manner.
boumavilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
In which case, he'd probably have to change some of Bayern's players. They're perhaps more slow and playing tikataka requires fast and young players. Plus Barca's style of play was a Barca thing, where youth are brought up that way, which makes it even more interesting :beard:

He'd have to create a legacy to make the players play the way he wants.

I think he might just carry on the current system, it would be a massive overhaul to change it.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some of these people... :facepalm:

http://blogs.thescore.com/counteratt...-at-guardiola/
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thedarklord12)
I don't think even Guardiola would've got Chelsea to play in the fluid tiki taka style that Barca like to play. There aren't any quality passers of the ball in the Chelsea squad in the same league as Xavi and Iniesta. Also Chelsea play in such a rigid one dimensional manner.
Mata and hazard. They may not be as good but they can still do the job.

What chelsea need is a mobile passer in the midfield pivot like modric/wilshere. Plus I don't think we play that one dimensional and rigid(compared to last season obviously) We have a lot of fluidity in the 3 supporting midfielders(when mata and hazard play), what we don't have is fluidity with the striker, or the movement between the two DM's. but tbh that's why we're playing Luiz in midfield now. We need a proper playmaker next to him though.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boumavilla)
In which case, he'd probably have to change some of Bayern's players. They're perhaps more slow and playing tikataka requires fast and young players. Plus Barca's style of play was a Barca thing, where youth are brought up that way, which makes it even more interesting :beard:

He'd have to create a legacy to make the players play the way he wants.

I think he might just carry on the current system, it would be a massive overhaul to change it.
Yeah, I don't think bayern is long term anyway. If it is a 5-10 year appointment then he has nothing to lose doing it though.

I think guardiola will just carry on at bayern as normal and try to win trophies(which wouldn't be a problem). I don't think the board are demanding of the style of play like they'd be at say chelsea or barca anyway.

Bayern are a team that really don't need to be tinkered with tbh. All he needs is one player to carry them to the champions league. I don't think ribery can do it for them personally even though he's a great player.
Hustler-1337
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Abramovich must be pissed. This calls for a Hitler reacts to/finds out parody. I might make one myself.

Here's a couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM5f_gZT06c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Ps-PFp9Cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVInmT3WZOk

I really wanted Pep to come over to the Premier League and see how he handles it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads