sophie_aimee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by harrybobo12)
Yeah I put that kind of stuff as the cash flow was bad, really bad! I went though it should keep its prices low or people would go to competition and in the long term they would lose out as other people become more competitive.
for my reason why they shouldn't put prices up I wrote about how the market had increasing competition and if boxed ltd put their prices up customers would simply go to other competitors with cheaper prices. did anyone else find that there was not enough space to write? i used extra space for every question and could only get max 2 reasons per argument in. for the promotional mix question I had to ask for extra paper
harrybobo12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sophie_aimee)
for my reason why they shouldn't put prices up I wrote about how the market had increasing competition and if boxed ltd put their prices up customers would simply go to other competitors with cheaper prices. did anyone else find that there was not enough space to write? i used extra space for every question and could only get max 2 reasons per argument in. for the promotional mix question I had to ask for extra paper
It was such a boring paper though, first time I have been bored in an exam.
sophie_aimee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was such a boring paper though, first time I have been bored in an exam.
haha obviously you've never seen a AS/A2 German paper by AQA... Zzzzzzzz
LewisRichardson
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This exam was a blessing (first case study anyway). I suppose the 2nd was a bit more picky, but there was relevant data to use which was a lot easier than coming up with something on the spot, like the -0.8 EoD.
harrybobo12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
haha obviously you've never seen a AS/A2 German paper by AQA... Zzzzzzzz
lol I would be scared
jakethecake2008
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really good paper from AQA. Questions weren't too taxing and left lots of scope for application! Hope I have done well, don't wan't to resit this paper again :P
jakethecake2008
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You could go with that argument, although looking at the price elasticity of demand it sort of contradicts what you're saying But you're likely to still get some marks
harrybobo12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jakethecake2008)
You could go with that argument, although looking at the price elasticity of demand it sort of contradicts what you're saying But you're likely to still get some marks
Even if you say in the long term?
jakethecake2008
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Even if you say in the long term?
Yeah I think you can say that! As long as you brought in somewhere in your evaluation that in the short term, the demand for plastic storage boxes is inelastic (-0.8%) then its good!
examstressed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi guys...

i got 25% and 30% aswell but i didnt write the formula down...

aand for the last question i only could think of one point which was it was price inelastic, which means the market wont respond to change in price...etc,,, i just basically repeated myself .. cuz i couldnt fink on anything...

and btw for the cash flow question... i said overtrading ? did anybody write that?
wastry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Who else for the trap in question 1 PROMOTION mix NOT marketing mix... only noticed with a few moment's to go but will hopefully still get marks.

Seem's my 50/50 gamble whether it was elastic or inelastic payed off as well.
examstressed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by wastry)
Who else for the trap in question 1 PROMOTION mix NOT marketing mix... only noticed with a few moment's to go but will hopefully still get marks.

Seem's my 50/50 gamble whether it was elastic or inelastic payed off as well.
yh i got confused too... what did u write... i wrote about price skimming
wastry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by examstressed)
yh i got confused too... what did u write... i wrote about price skimming
I wrote about the 4 P's price, product and promotion (left out Place)

Hopeing enough of what I wrote about price and promotion will be relevant enough to get marks. Need an A in this paper though.
examstressed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by wastry)
I wrote about the 4 P's price, product and promotion (left out Place)

Hopeing enough of what I wrote about price and promotion will be relevant enough to get marks. Need an A in this paper though.
oh right... i only wrote about price skimiming... the promotional mix confussed me.. wat did u write for cashflow question
LewisRichardson
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The main thing for the promotional mix question was the fact they rebranded, which is one of the 6 things in the mix, and there was a bit about advertising in the study too.
Khilen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OHMYGOD - DID THE FIRST QUESTION SAY HOW DID THE FIRM CHANGE ITS PROMOTION MIX, AND NOT THE MARKETING MIX??? - I WROTE ABOUT THE MARKETING MIX AND HOW THEY CHANGED THEIR PRODUCT :s
CoolStoryBroo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Khilen)
OHMYGOD - DID THE FIRST QUESTION SAY HOW DID THE FIRM CHANGE ITS PROMOTION MIX, AND NOT THE MARKETING MIX??? - I WROTE ABOUT THE MARKETING MIX AND HOW THEY CHANGED THEIR PRODUCT :s
It was about promotional mix, i mentioned how they no longer needed to offer discount since they now operate in a less competitive niche market. Also said how important the advertisement in the magazines to target their target audience was.
jakethecake2008
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For the promotional question I think you could've talked about the 210% change in advertising expenditure and for a second point talk about the end of sales promotion
Khilen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jakethecake2008)
For the promotional question I think you could've talked about the 210% change in advertising expenditure and for a second point talk about the end of sales promotion
How many marks was that question? I wrote about the marketing mix and how they changed their products to suit the new niche market, which i wont get any marks for, will i?
CoolStoryBroo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Khilen)
How many marks was that question? I wrote about the marketing mix and how they changed their products to suit the new niche market, which i wont get any marks for, will i?
13 marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads