This discussion is closed.
dizzy17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In 5 mark questions, when theres like point 1, point 2, etc on the mark scheme, do you have to have written the points in that order, or does it not matter if you mention them in a different order to each other?
Anjna
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dizzy17)
In 5 mark questions, when theres like point 1, point 2, etc on the mark scheme, do you have to have written the points in that order, or does it not matter if you mention them in a different order to each other?
i dont think it matters, as long as you have included the points you should get the marks
sechdent8
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey guys, i have my empa coming up in early march :/ i didnt do too well last year on the AS empa and i really want to do well on this empa. Does anyone have any advice or material (books, websites etc.) they are using to prepare? How are you guys preparing?
HELPIMSTUCK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all looking for some clarification.

In my textbook (NT) it says that in an action potential the sodium ions diffuse into the axon during depolarisation and the potassium ions diffuse out of the axon during repolarisation. However, in the mark scheme for the specimen paper (Q5a) it says the sodium ions move out of the axon and the potassium ions enter the axon.

So which is correct?
pashtun_prince
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Done A 2 b i o i s a, pm me on tips for it and p m me if you have done the c h e m A 2. i s a thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anjna
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HELPIMSTUCK)
Hi all looking for some clarification.

In my textbook (NT) it says that in an action potential the sodium ions diffuse into the axon during depolarisation and the potassium ions diffuse out of the axon during repolarisation. However, in the mark scheme for the specimen paper (Q5a) it says the sodium ions move out of the axon and the potassium ions enter the axon.

So which is correct?
i thought na ions move in, and k ions move out ?
Beth_L_G
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So how is everyone revising for this? Less than 18 weeks to go
erniiee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feu Fleur)
I'm self teaching so this thread will be a lifeline to me, thank you!

This is exam 2/2 on my birthday haha, just what I wanted for my 21st.

How are you finding it so far? I'm only just starting because I've been doing the AS. Still waiting for my A2 textbook at the moment.
Its on my birthday too! Gonna have to wait till Friday to properly celebrate my 18th :lol:
king101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feu Fleur)
I'm self teaching so this thread will be a lifeline to me, thank you!

This is exam 2/2 on my birthday haha, just what I wanted for my 21st.

How are you finding it so far? I'm only just starting because I've been doing the AS. Still waiting for my A2 textbook at the moment.
Im self teaching aswell! Quick question im using the susan/glen toole nelson thorne text book to revise how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
CasualSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by king101)
Im self teaching aswell! Quick question im using the susan/glen toole nelson thorne text book to revise how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering, how come you're self-teaching because couldn't you just do it at school or are you taking it as an extra Alevel?
iop horray
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does any one have any unofficial questions please ?
Helena'O
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anyone started revising for this unit yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Helena'O)

I have but I'm a self teaching retake student
Leigh303
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Helena'O)

I'm doing revision notes and a few questions as we finish each chapter, as it's a lot of detailed content to start cramming in study leave I think!
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone know where i can get the mark scheme for june 2012? Im retaking this year and I got my script back. want to see where i went wrong
redcider5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Beth_L_G)
Anyone know where i can get the mark scheme for june 2012? Im retaking this year and I got my script back. want to see where i went wrong
Your teachers and examination officer are the only ones who will have access to it, so you'll have to go back into school. They won't mind giving you it as long as you agree to not share it.
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by redcider5)
Your teachers and examination officer are the only ones who will have access to it, so you'll have to go back into school. They won't mind giving you it as long as you agree to not share it.
Was hoping to do it this week, forgot its blinking half term! haha

Its just annoying. Every other june 2012 paper is available somewhere on the internet. Can't find this one anywhere
username1014643
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
17th June is going to be hell D:
I have my Psych Final as well
ameelia22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iop horray)
Does any one have any unofficial questions please ?
Seconded!

And man, I feel sorry for all you guys with birthdays/double whammy of exams on that day, as if Biol5 wasn't tough enough! Mine are in a nice neat row though :s Biol5 on Monday, C4 on Tuesday, and Chem5 on Wednesday ha. Can't decide if that's heaven or hell.

How are you guys preparing for the Essay part of the Unit? Is anyone planning on going over the AS modules?
Helena'O
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Leigh303)
I'm doing revision notes and a few questions as we finish each chapter, as it's a lot of detailed content to start cramming in study leave I think!
I so know what you mean, I always end up rushing to go through stuff which I absolutely hate. So going to try and be really organised and efficient for this unit.

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads