The Student Room Group

Rape

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey,

i know it's really hard talking to parents about these things but you need to tell them. It's not your fault what happened. Your parents are not going to tell you off they will just support you. He took advantage of you at a young age and you should have to live a life if a lie and feel it as a burden. DOnt tell the girl as this will unecessary problems I honesty think you should sit your parents and explain what happened that night or if you don't want to tell them. Face to face write a letter and leave in their room but please tell them the truth sooner than later I promise you will feel better and relief. It's about you okay not the boy remember your not alone okay. Be brave x
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I have evidence where he admitted to it saved on my computer/memory stick, so convincing her wouldn't be a problem

OK, in that case then I think you need to talk to the Police. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with this and there is a risk he may do so again. As I said before, he is a criminal, and a serious offender at that.
If at all possible you really should go to the police, because you'll feel awful if he does it to someone else and you could have prevented it.
Reply 23
You have your evidence, now it's your responsibility to take this to the courts so this does not happen to anybody else.
I'm sorry but you need to stop thinking about yourself for a minute, and what your parents might think. You NEED to tell the police. Think about the consequences if you don't. What if this girl gets raped? A rape that could have been prevented if you dobbed the sick **** in.

Imagine the guilt knowing you could of prevented it.
Reply 25
Anonymous please, lots of people from my school and lots of my friends are on here, and I don't want any of them to know about this :s-smilie:

So in September, I was raped by a boy in my year, who is 16. I was 15 at the time (I was 16 a few days ago). No one knows about this, apart from a few of my closest friends, but now, this boy is seeing a girl in my year, who doesn't know. Do you think I should tell her what happened? All help appreciated, thankyou x

So you just gonna let a rapist go away unpunished? You seem rather unconcerned about what happened to you. Do you have feelings for this guy or smthg?
Reply 26
Da hell girl, why're you even discussing it? Report the see you next tuesday.
If you have solid evidence in the form of Facebook messages, you should go to the police or someone in a position of higher authority (whichever you feel most comfortable with) to prevent him raping someone else again. If he gets away with raping you with no consequences, he'll feel more confident in the fact that he can get away with it scot free, which will make him more likely to do it in the future.
I do want him to be punished, but I also don't want to have to talk to him at all about any of this, or have to see him at all, so I feel that telling an adult will mean that I'd have to talk to him. And it's not that my parents will be annoyed at me, we just don't have that kind of relationship.

Sorry everyone, my posts are taking a while to be moderated, but I've tried to reply to them all

Then im sorry but your parents have failed you in this regard. The two people you should be able to to turn to most in the world and you "dont have that kind of relationship" Thats just not on.

For everyone saying I don't have evidence, please read my other posts, I have evidence of him admitting it over Facebook, quite a long conversation infact, and I have it all printscreened on my computer/memory stick

That is evidence that you can give to the police. Its entirely up to you and its all very well people on here to wag thier fingers and go "you should do it" - but at the end of the day it will be you who will have to rehash an horrific experience
Reply 29
Do not Tell the girl.....

TELL THE POLICE NOW !!!

In a couple of years he will leave the school, you will not know where he is and prosecution will be harder. Atm you know where he is, you know what he does and you can give him what he deserves.

All the best and stay strong...... If you need help, Kutta is here :smile:
Reply 30
Yes, that is partly the reason, but also because I dont feel that my parents and I have that kind of relationships, and I wouldnt want my siblings to find out either :s-smilie:

He can't deny it as he has sent me messages over facebook where he admitted to it, and I have them printscreened and saved on my computer/memory stick

What an utter moron.

At you OP, I am sorry to hear this. I would advise against telling the girl. She will just claim you are jealous of her, and angry that he dumped you, etc. etc.

Plus what will it achieve? You might save one girl but can you save the one after that, or the next? The only real solution would be to tell the police.
(edited 11 years ago)
I wouldn't tell the girl if you're worried about others finding out, but i would talk to the police, you don't have to ask them to charge him, but they can make a note of it in a file so should he rape someone else there is history of him doing it before?
Reply 32
May i ask why your biggest concern after allegedly being raped is that hes seeing someone? Shouldnt you be more concerned with seeing him in the dock or the like?
Reply 33
You either need to go to the authorities or engage in vigilante justice; letting him get away with it is unacceptable.
You've got print screens of him admitting this soon my opinion would Be to copy them over to a second one, place it in an envelope and take it too your nearest police station walk to the reception had over the envelope and walk out. Have a note inside saying you don't want your parents to find out or to face him in court (they can do a video feed), I would also leave you're mobile number so they contact you rather than finding out your home number.
Concerning your parents, arrange to go sleep over at a friends house before you go leave print outs of the conversation on a table or something with a note saying i'm sorry i couldn't tell you or something like that. They won't get mad at you.

And finally a huge hug for you for what you're going through. I'm sorry if i come across rude, but after reading this i wanted to see if i could help.

X

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
You need to tell the police for the sake of everyone he may harm in the future.

Its not just "Its over now, im moving away" if he has done it once, at such a young age he WILL do it again!
Reply 36
I've been in a similar position, but when I was a lot younger & I didn't tell anyone, and I really wish I did.
Reply 37
You NEED to tell a teacher or parent about this immediately. Rape is a vile crime and he needs to be brought to justice. It's not your fault, please please get help with this.
Reply 38
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you all, I couldn't get on the computer without my family being around. I'm not going to tell police/family/a teacher etc, no matter what anyone says, so please, don't. Sorry but, firstly, it was over 4 months ago, I dont want to drag it all up again and have to face it all again, if you understand?
Reply 39
Original post by Josh93

Edit x2: I'm pretty sure that there are also helplines which you can call for anonymous advice/support:
There's RapeCrisis (http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk 0808 802 99 99 )
Or http://www.rapeandabuseline.co.uk/ 0808 8000 123 ) both of which will be 100% confidential.

Thanks, but I don't need advice or support about what happened. It wasn't as traumatic as a lot of rapes are made out to be. Yes, it hurt, yes, I hate him and don't want to have any involvement with him ever again, but I don't need support from proffesionals, or even my friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending