sarah_cheney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Frankstar1)
Thanks everyone for the info! I have my interview next Thursday for full time primary! Quite nervous, dreading the maths assessment. I've done my literacy skills test and passed, got my maths one booked for beginning of March but need to do some serious revision.

Do we have to do another 10 day placement then, organised by ourselves?
Good luck! :-) The Maths test at the interview is absolutely fine, it's only a quick one.

Yes, you should get told about that during the initial talk I think. It's on top of our current experience. I think there are specific things they want us to do at there, as they specificed it couldn't be a school we'd been to before and that they were going to send information though. I'm trying to get the placement organised ASAP for the summer term and then hoping that I get some information through before it starts.
pilchard107
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sarah_cheney)
I was given until the 4th March but I'd already passed both before the interview so I was able to email them my results straightaway.

I bought a book from Amazon as well, borrowed a couple of textbooks from my friend who's doing a SCITT at the moment and basically revised like crazy. Turned out to be a fairly simple test in the end but I tend to bottle it when it comes to Maths sometimes :P

raheebhagani - The English test is fine, all you need to do is write a really short essay. I did a lot of research on educational issues before the interview but I didn't use much of it, in my particular group they were more interested in hearing about our experiences with children and what we'd learned from them. As long as you can talk confidently about those you'll be fine :-)
Yeah, I was given until the 4th March as well. I have my maths test this Thursday, and despite lots of revision I feel really unprepared! This may sound stupid but who did you email and what did you say? I know on GTTR it says I have to have passed by the 4th March and given evidence? Do we just show them the print out that says 'PASS'?

Also, what does everyone mean by a 10 day placement? Is that only if you don't already work in a school?

Sorry for all the questions! lol.
sarah_cheney
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pilchard107)
Yeah, I was given until the 4th March as well. I have my maths test this Thursday, and despite lots of revision I feel really unprepared! This may sound stupid but who did you email and what did you say? I know on GTTR it says I have to have passed by the 4th March and given evidence? Do we just show them the print out that says 'PASS'?

Also, what does everyone mean by a 10 day placement? Is that only if you don't already work in a school?

Sorry for all the questions! lol.
I can't remember the email address off the top of my head but it should be on Track where it says the details of your offer. I just went onto my exam history page on Pearson and printed the whole page - where it says the date/time you took the exam, where you took it and the status of it. Then scanned it and sent it to the address. I wasn't sure if the print-out we were given when we were passed would be sufficient evidence.

We were told at the interview that we need to do another 10 day placement before we start the course, on top of the experience that we already have. We're going to get some information through because they want us to do specific things while we're at placement, and they've specified that it has to be a different school to one we've already been to. Don't have any more information than that, that's all I wrote down during the talk!
jack507
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone. Just wondering what task did you have for english? Was maths similar to the sample they emailed? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
bmorgan87
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
got an interview but not until end of april.. anybody already been got advice on the interview? plus would it be smart to get skills tests booked and done before the interview.. thanks
pilchard107
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't remember the email address off the top of my head but it should be on Track where it says the details of your offer. I just went onto my exam history page on Pearson and printed the whole page - where it says the date/time you took the exam, where you took it and the status of it. Then scanned it and sent it to the address. I wasn't sure if the print-out we were given when we were passed would be sufficient evidence.

We were told at the interview that we need to do another 10 day placement before we start the course, on top of the experience that we already have. We're going to get some information through because they want us to do specific things while we're at placement, and they've specified that it has to be a different school to one we've already been to. Don't have any more information than that, that's all I wrote down during the talk!
Thanks for all the info , I shall have another look on track. I passed my maths this evening so I'm feeling very happy.
Frankstar1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is the group interview a group of interviewers interviewing you or a group of interviewees (yourself and other applicants) being interviewed and having a discussion? Hasn't really been made clear as to what type. This time tomorrow it shall be all done, so nervous!!
sarah_cheney
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
jack507 - It was just a small essay task, and the Maths was very similar.

bmorgan87 - Congratulations on the interview! I completed my skills tests before the interview, and it meant that I was able to send them my results straightaway and get my offer confirmed. It's up to you, but it does make the process go a lot quicker. In terms of the interview, just make sure you talk about your experiences as much as possible.

Frankstar1 - How did the interview go?
angeleyes2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lizblitz)
The part-time interviews are with the full-time ones. I have a place on part-time primary - very happy as there aren't a great deal of part-time places on offer!
hey hi ,
I am applying for PGCE part -time , having my interview next tuesday,, feeling a bit nervous as have booked QTS skill test for both english and maths just to days prior to interview
angeleyes2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can anybody help??
I have booked QTS skill test two days prior to interview, both the tests are on same day.. can anybody throw light on the level of tests..
lizblitz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by angeleyes2013)
Can anybody help??
I have booked QTS skill test two days prior to interview, both the tests are on same day.. can anybody throw light on the level of tests..
Hello. There are four practice tests on education.gov.uk for both the maths and the English. These ask exactly the kinds of questions the actual tests ask, and use the same format.
I hope this helps.
jack507
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
jack507 - It was just a small essay task, and the Maths was very similar.

bmorgan87 - Congratulations on the interview! I completed my skills tests before the interview, and it meant that I was able to send them my results straightaway and get my offer confirmed. It's up to you, but it does make the process go a lot quicker. In terms of the interview, just make sure you talk about your experiences as much as possible.

Frankstar1 - How did the interview go?
Sarah_cheney
What sort of topic was for an essay? Was it based on national curriculum or recent education issues? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
angeleyes2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lizblitz)
Hello. There are four practice tests on education.gov.uk for both the maths and the English. These ask exactly the kinds of questions the actual tests ask, and use the same format.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the response .
lizblitz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jack507)
Sarah_cheney
What sort of topic was for an essay? Was it based on national curriculum or recent education issues? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. Different students got different topics. Some were asked about a current educational issue, and my question was so broad I could have written about a thousand things, but it had nothing to do with educational issues. Sadly this means you cannot revise specifically for the question. I do hope this helps.
jack507
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks. Definitely helps ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Greenwch
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by angeleyes2013)
Can anybody help??
Hi angeleyes2013,

We have been advised that the Professional Skills Tests will be delivered in an audio format and you will have a set time to respond. The mock tests are delivered in the same format, but the number of mock tests that you can do is limited, so make sure you plan well! The content of the tests will go up to year 9 SATs level and there are sample questions/papers available online, but you can always use the BBC Bite Size to revise.

For more information about the PSTs, you can check out www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/traininganddevelopment/professional/.

Hope this helps and good luck!
angeleyes2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks,,it was helpful, I cleared my both tests.
Frankstar1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Good luck to all those who have interviews yet to come! Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful. I thought I did well in the numeracy and literacy tasks and in the interview. I think I was let down as the other people in my interview had jobs as teaching assistants and had 2 years of experience compared to my 10 days :/ really gutted tbh!!
Luelabella
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Il be doing the PGCE primary with science in sept so excited but nervous - what are the hours like for time tabling ? Just wondered as I'm trying to sort the logistics of studying and childcare :-S
lizblitz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Luelabella)
Il be doing the PGCE primary with science in sept so excited but nervous - what are the hours like for time tabling ? Just wondered as I'm trying to sort the logistics of studying and childcare :-S
the full time hours are supposed to be like a full time job (9-6?) and during the placements, including travel, that could easily rise to 7.30 - 6.30, with more work after you get home (this is what I understood anyway!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Greenwich
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed