Why do you exercise? Watch

concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Helps with sleep/depression.

Helps with concentration.

Feeling unfit ****ing sucks. As a human you should be able to do things like jogging up a few flights of stairs without really getting tired out at all.

Got really ill 2 years ago, despite being rather healthy, and that provided incentive to look after myself.

Lifting heavy things is fun.

Remaining more 'desirable' is also one reason, though it really is at the bottom of the list for me as it doesn't make a massive difference. If I was ass ugly and boring and the only way I could gain attention was my body then I imagine it would be much higher up. Praise Jesus.
linney
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So I can eat more/so I can lose some fat/because it's awesome.
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Running is good fun, and beating your own record always feels like an achievement.

I started out simply wanting to lose weight, but I ended up actually enjoying getting healthier.

Plus, if I have to run away from zombies I have a better chance of survival.
ed-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To make up for a few years of smoking
To maintain my metabolism so I don't get fat...
So I can get involved in sports societies at uni (rowing, cycling, football)

The usual
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I find exercise to be beneficial for my mental health, more than anything. Nothing beats a bout of anxiety better than a good run or a session in the gym.
Sole
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I exercise to be lean, healthy and maintain a good metabolism. The sport aspect of exercise is what makes things more fun.
Callidus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At first my aim was to just be healthier (and live longer hopefully..)

My side effect is feeling good about myself :-)

Now I am actually focusing on gaining muscle mass and 'looking better' as well as feeling better
ameliasien
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I work out every other day. Monday will be my abs, Wednesday will be my cardio, Friday will be my stretching and then on Sunday I will do some of everything. My workouts are usually 45min-1 hr long.....
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Started to alleviate my depression. Carried it on because I fell in love with it.
McHumpy92
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To get faster and stronger, this is probably due to over exposure to superheroes when younger. I do train for aesthetics as well, but it is a fairly big after thought....I quite often skip doing isolation exercises, my diet isn't great and I do minimal volume when training.

Just by getting bigger delts and calves I would be happy with aesthetics, shame neither body part wants to ever grow and both probably need high volume and cannot be arsed with it.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Serentonin)
Started to alleviate my depression. Carried it on because I fell in love with it.
This has definitely happened to me as well. I didn't even know how down I'd got until I started feeling happy again!
on-acid
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be healthy - to look good in clothes - to look good out of clothes.

...and then become a Victoria Secret model. :awesome:
FiniteMr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have a resting heart rate below 50, to have motivation to lose fat weight and gain muscle weight, to eat healthier and to row in a top boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ed-
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hypocrism)
Have a resting heart rate below 50, to have motivation to lose fat weight and gain muscle weight, to eat healthier and to row in a top boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have the opposite resting heart rate problem; mine is 80-90
Not too sure what I can do about it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
llessur123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because I quit smoking and my brain instantly jumped on something else to become addicted to. I also look awesome naked.
llessur123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
Running is good fun, and beating your own record always feels like an achievement.

I started out simply wanting to lose weight, but I ended up actually enjoying getting healthier.

Plus, if I have to run away from zombies I have a better chance of survival.
Lol this reminded me there is an app on apple called Zombies, Run! and it's great. That is all.
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To look better and more appealing because I have less than 'desirable' looks - also to be fitter and healthier as I probably have one of the most unhealthy healthstyles around
Bodgy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Started for the same reason as everybody - the sexy six pack for bragging.

Stayed for the mental clarity, productive use of otherwise wasted time surfing internet (TSR) and just habit (OCD really helps - must lift everything 20 times, no more no less).
FiniteMr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ed-)
I have the opposite resting heart rate problem; mine is 80-90
Not too sure what I can do about it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, to have a heart rate below 50 is my aim! Right now it's around 55-60.

To reduce your heart rate you need to do both long cardio sessions and intense sprint exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
zed963
  • Study Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Keeps me fit, makes me feel better and stronger. Allows my brain to be fresh, it gives me a break from revision. It's like the perfect balance tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.25%
No I haven't decided yet (62)
23.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.36%

Watched Threads