?
Report 6 years ago
take valium/xanax/ativan/klonopin/etc
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is so sad. And I have similar thoughts sometimes too. I think, if you really want any chance to find a relationship one day, then you're just gonna have to somehow suck up the social anxiety. Getting embarrassed, shy, rejected, etc isn't nice, but it's a decent risk to take for the chance of forming relationships with people.
sjk1995
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what exactly is it about girls that prevents you from talking to them?
do you talk to males?
You need to eliminate the unnecessary anxiety surrounding girls, do you have any female relatives?
Do you have a job in which you may need to interact with women?
Instead of forcing yourself to say hi to girls, i think you need to take it steady and reassure yourself that there is in fact nothing to fear, try and put yourself into situations where it's expected you interact (work), join a society, where you don't have to directly talk to a girl, but you can debate a point in front of girls? There will then come a point where you feel as ready as you will ever be to take the next step, of beginning an interaction yourself. We're not scary, we're no different to guys really in day-to-day conversations. Definitely look for a friend before a relationship though.
katyness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it makes you feel any better I don't have any problems in being social and I will still probably die a virgin.

Just watch The Undateables, it makes you feel a bit better.
bolly_mad
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hahaha!!!! Either troll or.......YOU ****ING COUNTED EACH TIME? WTF?
username533239
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
During my 3 years at uni, here are some statistics I recorded:

- I had missed exactly 135 unique encounters with new girls.
- 630 potential chances missed with the same girls I saw around in my class.
- 553 potential chances missed with the girls I actually developed a crush on my course.
Obviously made up numbers, but still weird to think you 'recorded' these stats.
Ice Constricter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
You count? :lolwut:
Coming from you, I'm surprised that you're shocked at that.
Ice Constricter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dragonfly07)
So you had crushes on 553 out of the 630 girls on your course?
When he said 553, I dont think he meant each individual girl, just the amount of chances he's had altogether with every girl he's had a crush on.

Still, even if we we're looking at it that way, its still a large....no massive amount. And chances are, he didn't count and just wrote it for attention. Who does that for three years? :lolwut:
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ice Constricter)
Coming from you, I'm surprised that you're shocked at that.
I don't count.
Ice Constricter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
I don't count the amount of white girls that don't like oriental guys.
Fixed*
Keynesian
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have a drink you'll be fine. Stop worrying about it I know it must be hard but there are far more important things out there than losing your virginity.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by sjk1995)
what exactly is it about girls that prevents you from talking to them?
do you talk to males?
You need to eliminate the unnecessary anxiety surrounding girls, do you have any female relatives?
Do you have a job in which you may need to interact with women?
Instead of forcing yourself to say hi to girls, i think you need to take it steady and reassure yourself that there is in fact nothing to fear, try and put yourself into situations where it's expected you interact (work), join a society, where you don't have to directly talk to a girl, but you can debate a point in front of girls? There will then come a point where you feel as ready as you will ever be to take the next step, of beginning an interaction yourself. We're not scary, we're no different to guys really in day-to-day conversations. Definitely look for a friend before a relationship though.
I can talk to guys easily but when it comes to girls I guess it's some childhood mental block which gets in the way that I can't talk to them.

I don't really have any friends. Just maybe aquintances.

And I'm also not good at anything whether it be academics or sport. Just average so I have nothing to be proud about.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Ice Constricter)
When he said 553, I dont think he meant each individual girl, just the amount of chances he's had altogether with every girl he's had a crush on.

Still, even if we we're looking at it that way, its still a large....no massive amount. And chances are, he didn't count and just wrote it for attention. Who does that for three years? :lolwut:
I would like to make it clear that it was 553 chances missed with various girls in my course, NOT 553 individual girls on my course LOL...

But yeah, I admit I am pretty sad to do that
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When you inevitably become a sadistic serial killer, I want it recorded that I was the first person to call you "The Count".
Chr0n
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, I'm being serious here.

I've read countless of those blogs and seen countless videos, but still it hasnt help me.
You aren't supposed to read the blog or see the videos. You are supposed to get the book and do exactly what it says. No more watching videos or reading things, that's not gotta get you anywhere. You need to get our and actually work on it. As I am sure you read countless time the only thing that cures approach anxiety is approaching. However, Eric breaks that whole stuff down into six small manageable steps. So rather than telling you 'go say hi to her', you'll go out and do just as much as you can handle, until you feel comfortable with that and then go on to the next step.

THE ONLY THING THAT CURSE ANXIETY IS COURAGE, ie. actually doing something against it rather than reading countless of blogs and thinking OMG other dudes can get girls, why can't I. It's your attitude that holds you back, not your ability. Rather than sitting at home being comfortable get out there and do something about it.
Laomedeia
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by a.partridge)
this is quite frightening even by my standards
The more frightening part is theres someone that records such statistics still at large.
a.partridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)
The more frightening part is theres someone that records such statistics still at large.
i love the idea of him walking around with a notepad and adding a little tick to his depression chart every time a girl (missed opportunity) walks past in the street
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
I had sex with a prostitute to lose my virginity (I'm 23). Trust me, it's incredibly underwhelming.
Laomedeia
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by a.partridge)
i love the idea of him walking around with a notepad and adding a little tick to his depression chart every time a girl (missed opportunity) walks past in the street
To be fair tho, he probably has an ipad with an applicable app or something similar. He could even use such a device to ask strangers on an internet to give him advice.
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Most of these opportunities missed was during*seemingly easy situations such as:

- Me not talking to a girl when she was standing by herself alone by herself while we were waiting for something such as the lecture room to clear.

Umm, okay the fact that you see that as a "chance" is a bit creepy in and of itself. Guys tend to meet girls with whom they get along through friends, through social situations, parties, at uni. Basically, you seem to be assuming that because a person has a vagina that they're a prospect.

Somehow it seems that a lot of boys (I emphasise the word boys) think that "chatting a girl up" will lead to sex. Sorry, the whole thing is just creepy.

As is the fact you are monitoring your non-interactions with girls and keeping stats. It's a bit "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCSZfmbFJyQ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (11)
22%
No (39)
78%

Watched Threads