Are Nokia Lumia phones a bad idea? Watch

JerzyDudek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dan1909)
Because the more apps that are available, the more chance of finding one that does what you want. Surely that's fairly obvious?
This is obvious. What I don't like is that people are getting more and more reliant on their devices. Well it's their choice after all.
Dan1909
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JerzyDudek)
This is obvious. What I don't like is that people are getting more and more reliant on their devices. Well it's their choice after all.
It's not so much that they're more reliant on them, it's just that they've moved functions from one device to the phone instead.

So instead of people relying on a calendar, a music player, a diary, a phone, etc they can just roll all of those functions into just one device.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh i agree with moving functions like that onto phones but for me i don't get the obsession with playing games on a phone which are vastly better on the PC, or 100 pointless apps.

I guess i'm only a semi-convert really to apps.
JerzyDudek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not so much that they're more reliant on them, it's just that they've moved functions from one device to the phone instead.

So instead of people relying on a calendar, a music player, a diary, a phone, etc they can just roll all of those functions into just one device.
It's probably just me being conservative but I don't see much point.
Dan1909
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Oh i agree with moving functions like that onto phones but for me i don't get the obsession with playing games on a phone which are vastly better on the PC, or 100 pointless apps.

I guess i'm only a semi-convert really to apps.
I don't think there are many (if any) people who choose a phone over a PC/console for games. But for when you're trying to kill some time during the day/on a train/waiting/etc when all you have is your phone, it can be good to have a few games to keep you occupied.

(Original post by JerzyDudek)
It's probably just me being conservative but I don't see much point.
It's just the simplicity. Rather than having to carry all those devices around, you only require one. Less to charge, less to lose, less expensive (assuming you would have a phone anyway, which is a fairly safe assumption), less baggage, etc.
Y_K
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I don't think there are many (if any) people who choose a phone over a PC/console for games. But for when you're trying to kill some time during the day/on a train/waiting/etc when all you have is your phone, it can be good to have a few games to keep you occupied.

It's just the simplicity. Rather than having to carry all those devices around, you only require one. Less to charge, less to lose, less expensive (assuming you would have a phone anyway, which is a fairly safe assumption), less baggage, etc.
Dan, I agree with your points completely. I personally want a phone that is as versetile as possible in order to be able to do as much as possible on the go. This doesn't mean that I will stop using my desktop at home for gaming and writing homework, but apps are addictive because they make your life easier - at least if you are in it for the right reasons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.8%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (129)
38.17%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.18%

Watched Threads