a.partridge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't say i'd never go out with a girl with tattoo(s) but it would put me off a lot...

really rather they didn't - it's just not attractive (I don't think it's good for guys either)
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm indifferent to mild to moderate tattooing, it's only when a girl starts to look like a graffiti wall or a tribal warrior that it becomes particularly unappealing.

What does put me off are bad tattoos and unoriginal ones. I just struggle to take someone seriously if they have a generic cartoon character (for some reason, dozens of girls seem to have a dalmation or a winnie the pooh) or a tribal armband.

Also, a small amount of dislike for words in foreign languages if you don't understand them. Otherwise it just looks silly, like the girl I know with "amour, foie, vivre" on her arm. Not only did she get it because it was (supposed to be) an N-Dubz album name (Love, Live, Life), but she wanted it in French and didn't check it first.
Cake Faced Kid.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

If they are done well, I think tattoos are good. I plan to have a few discreet ones myself, most likely on my back/shoulder blade
Avolil
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Love tatts on guys, IF they look good! I don't like the stupid cartoons or tribal stuff. Plus anything that doesn't actually MEAN something is REALLY annoying. Same for girls but with them there's a fine line of what looks good and what doesnt. Personally, I have one tattoo and that's probably all I shall have, and that was to represent turning 21!

Name:  382049_151345885012566_1939083073_n.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  78.3 KB Trashy or tasteful?
Blast Tyrant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have to admit I have a thing for heavily-tattooed girls. Something about them just shouts "yes".
RollingDylan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As a man, I find a girl covered in tattoo unattractive, I think it takes the feminine side away .. I'm just not attracted to them
One tattoo in a good place is fine.
A tattoo on the upper arm near the shoulder, I find unattractive, I find it too manly. A tattoo on the wrist I like and on the lower back too. But I don't really like the rest
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not a fan of decorative tattoos, but tattoos with significance like a name of a relative or a symbol that reminds them of somebody is hardly gonna turn me off. Bigger ones just feel... less feminine.
facetious
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WhyteBoar)
I have tattoos (two quite large and two smaller) and definitely plan on getting more.

Most people don't expect me to have tattoos and they are usually very surprised. When I show them I usually have a positive reaction and people are interested in them. They are not usually visable. Three of my four tattoos are very meaningful to me, but I wouldn't rule out a getting a tattoo just because I love the artists work.

I don't think they are unfeminine at all (surprise, surprise), and feel a well done tattoo with the right placement can enhance a person. Ill thought out tattoos done by people without the artist talent required are seldom attractive on anyone.
Where do you have your tattoos if you dont mind me asking?
Kahtuz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by x.KimberleyB.x)
Hi everyone, was just wondering what everyones opinion was on females who get tattoos? I've heard some pretty varied thoughts on this and have actually started doing a sort of research project on where women seem to stand in tattoo culture, interested in what everyone here thinks!

Do you think it is 'unfeminine' for women to get ink (not my opinion) or do you think that in this day and age it shouldn't be an issue?

Girls, do you have any tattoos/want any?
Guys, would it change your opinion of a girl if she was tattooed?

may also post in society so sorry if you come across both
No problem at all! You shouldn't really care about what others think! If you want to do it... just do it! However, make sure you are not just doing it by impulse as it will last FOREVER!
Also, remember that many employers still have "the old and miserable opinion" about tattoos so I would recommend to do your tattoo somewhere that is not always visible!

I love my tattoo and psst.. I think that girls with tattoos are extremely HOT!
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't mind a small feminine tattoo (like say a dolphin or a butterfly in the small of the back) as I think they can look quite nice, but I'm not a fan of girls who have their whole arm/leg/back/body done
alexs2602
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not a matter of gender but rather a matter of whether it has meaning, it suits the person, is done by a good tattooist and looks good, in my opinion.
alexs2602
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by laurentommo)
I have a small tattoo on my foot of a dove with a small heart next to it. I think it's fine it's when girls plaster their body in tattoos like sleeves, throat and whole back tattoos.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Of course, it's a matter of taste but personally speaking I think as long as it suits the person and it's done by a good tattooist/looks good then there's nothing wrong with larger tattoos like the ones you've suggested. I think they can be really attractive. Conversely they may look good in your youth but when you get older? Who knows?
loz957
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't respect anyone who uses their body as a wall to graffiti on. I don't understand why people can't be happy with the way their skin looks.
gupta-mhm-mhm-mhm
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
who seriously cares at the end of it all your body is there for a bit then you die, i don't care either way i just can't be bothered rn because its expensive and nothing that i want to remember has come to mind w/e that's it
alexs2602
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by russellsteapot)
Also, a small amount of dislike for words in foreign languages if you don't understand them. Otherwise it just looks silly, like the girl I know with "amour, foie, vivre" on her arm. Not only did she get it because it was (supposed to be) an N-Dubz album name (Love, Live, Life), but she wanted it in French and didn't check it first.
That's just hilarious. At first I thought foie was a bit off from my basic french vocab, a quick google search tells me she has the word 'liver' on her arm. That frankly is hilarious.
WhyteBoar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by facetious)
Where do you have your tattoos if you dont mind me asking?
My first is smallish and on the right side of my lower back. I have another of a similar size on my left thigh. Next is much larger and across my shoulder blades on my back. Lastly, another larger piece on my right thigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have two and plans for many many more. I also think tattoos are sexy on men and women, providing they're good tattoos of course.
claire.j
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A quote or a word tattoo and a tattoo on the leg would do fine on girls and still look elegant without looking masculine or bad ass i reckon (:
dendodge
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't mind small, meaningful tattoos, in discreet places, that won't look stupid later in life. They can be quite nice, especially if they're done well and a lot of thought went into them.

But large tattoos, and tattoos that were chosen just because they look pretty are somewhat offputting to me. I'm not really sure why, they just make girls appear less attractive. Obviously, some other guys probably find it incredibly hot, but I just don't.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I love really delicate ones, especially small foot tattoos. However, I doubt I'll ever get one (pain, worried about regretting it).
I personally think they look fine if they're well done (including sleeves etc), but a badly done tattoo is just awful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads