friends with benefits Watch

Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by motoe)
It doesn't always happen - it works best when it's an arrangement of convenience - one or both of you don't want a relationship and just enjoy sex with the other person.

Can't really understand fwb. Is there real friendship ie enjoy each others company? What's the kissing like? And what do you do once the deed is done - just get you kit back on and leave?
ZRO
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Can't really understand fwb. Is there real friendship ie enjoy each others company? What's the kissing like? And what do you do once the deed is done - just get you kit back on and leave?
There none of that real "spooning" its just sex and done in my experience lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
motoe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zarek)
In my situation, I really like the guy, we're good friends and both fancy each other but he's not good relationship material (I've seen how he treats ex gf's) and I'm not in the right head space for a relationship right now, so it works.

Well if the kissing isn't good, surely it isn't going to go any further ... With my "friend" we usually stay the night at either one's place but make sure not to do anything too coupley like go out for breakfast together the next morning or go for walks holding hands - things that you might do with a partner.

As long as you're both not looking for a relationship and no-one is getting hurt (like one or both of your already has a partner) I don't see how it's a problem.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by motoe)
In my situation, I really like the guy, we're good friends and both fancy each other but he's not good relationship material (I've seen how he treats ex gf's) and I'm not in the right head space for a relationship right now, so it works.

Well if the kissing isn't good, surely it isn't going to go any further ... With my "friend" we usually stay the night at either one's place but make sure not to do anything too coupley like go out for breakfast together the next morning or go for walks holding hands - things that you might do with a partner.

As long as you're both not looking for a relationship and no-one is getting hurt (like one or both of your already has a partner) I don't see how it's a problem.
not sure I could handle what you describe. Ever feel the temptation to go to breakfast..?
LukeD11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It does only ever end up with one person getting hurt or wanting more than the other.

It's happened to me twice now with two different girls - both times I asked them specifically in person before it started what they wanted from this and they simply said friends with benefits - low and behold a number of months later I am the worst person in the world because they can't control their feelings and want to take it further.

My advice is if you value them as a friend don't enter into the friends with benefits situation as ultimately you will end up loosing a friend.
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The problem is it always, always tends towards a relationship. That's because when you have sex with someone you release oxytocin afterwards to bond with them. This is why the number one rule for a FWB relationship is to kick them out right after they come and not let them stay over, in the hope that the bonding mechanism will not take so quickly.

It arises as a result of monogamy, which is an unnatural state of affairs invented for economic-demographic reasons and which has slowly got more popular in waves over the past 2000 years.

Personally I wish we could casually sleep with (actual) friends, it would be fun and non-threatening to all involved.
Avolil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think any person you have sex with regularly, no matter on if you agreed no emotional attachment originally, will end with one falling for the other.
pink_a7x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I started 'seeing' one of my best friends over a year ago, casual, friends with benefits type thing. We fell for each other..but I fell harder. Way, way harder. I've considered myself to be 'in love' since March (but only recently in a serious way). We've been on and off four times since December 2011 and all it's done is **** me up. So..I think friends with benefits CAN work, but only if you're SURE you won't fall for them. but you never can be sure, can you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads