adamc07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anybody applied for the Policy and Capability Studies placement at DSTL? The closing date is not until 28th feb so I haven't heard anything back yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
treesaregreenandtall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I attended the assessment centre on the 14th of Jan and was notified that I had passed on the 17th of Jan! I got the same email about availability and I have sent two emails since, inquiring about the technical interviews. I'm hoping they get back to us soon as I am starting to get anxious about it as I am waiting on other applications too. I know we have to do a presentation on our 3rd Year Project but I am not sure about any other information....
Shuv11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=adamc07;41557696]Has anybody applied for the Policy and Capability Studies placement at DSTL? The closing date is not until 28th feb so I haven't heard anything back yet!

I applied for that same placement. I only came across it at the last minute but managed to get my application in on the closing day. Fingers crossed! It looks like a great placement!
adamc07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=Shuv11;41710026]
(Original post by adamc07)
Has anybody applied for the Policy and Capability Studies placement at DSTL? The closing date is not until 28th feb so I haven't heard anything back yet!

I applied for that same placement. I only came across it at the last minute but managed to get my application in on the closing day. Fingers crossed! It looks like a great placement!
Yeah I agree. When I phoned them asking about when we would hear something back, they said definitely within 4-5 weeks of the closing date.So you will have to let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
adamc07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Got my email today for the PCSD summer internship with Dstl. They are going to phone I the next few weeks to discuss an interview! I'm happy now aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
C.Tong
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by treesaregreenandtall)
Hi, I attended the assessment centre on the 14th of Jan and was notified that I had passed on the 17th of Jan! I got the same email about availability and I have sent two emails since, inquiring about the technical interviews. I'm hoping they get back to us soon as I am starting to get anxious about it as I am waiting on other applications too. I know we have to do a presentation on our 3rd Year Project but I am not sure about any other information....
Hey, I'm waiting to hear back for dates and stuff as well. Where do you think we stand with this...as I remember from the assessment day that the technical interview is just to assess what role youd be most suitable for at DSTL, and there have been occasions where theyve found people aren't right for the roles theyve applied for and just offered them other positions instead.

So i'm in two minds to think that they're going to give us positions but are waiting to see which ones. What do you think? Especially being as though these technical interviews are so late as well?

x
sunshine8912
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From what I have been told it kind of sounds like what you are saying and that they are trying to find out which role to place us in. However, I know this is the first year the recruitment process has been like this (assessment centre and then a technical interview) and secondly, I know they have had more applicants than ever before. So basically, I am hoping that is is just to try and figure out which role to place us but I am also trying not to expect that!

It was kind of conflicting on the day, one lady said basically what you said and then another HR lady jumped in and said "no no it is not that, you are definitely still being assessed at the technical interview!". So I do not know if they were just trying to cover their backs in case someone completely sucks at their technical interview or something!

It is soooooo difficult not to speculate!
C.Tong
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sunshine8912)
From what I have been told it kind of sounds like what you are saying and that they are trying to find out which role to place us in. However, I know this is the first year the recruitment process has been like this (assessment centre and then a technical interview) and secondly, I know they have had more applicants than ever before. So basically, I am hoping that is is just to try and figure out which role to place us but I am also trying not to expect that!

It was kind of conflicting on the day, one lady said basically what you said and then another HR lady jumped in and said "no no it is not that, you are definitely still being assessed at the technical interview!". So I do not know if they were just trying to cover their backs in case someone completely sucks at their technical interview or something!

It is soooooo difficult not to speculate!
Well the man who interviewed me said what I said....so maybe someone was just trying to cover their back, just in case they realise someone is a complete moron.

I just kinda feel that maybe leaving them so late is an indicator that theyre just assessing what role we'd be most suitable for? Are you through as well?

x
sunshine8912
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yea I am through. I hope your version is right but really just want to know now! I guess that is what they are doing, so we meet the right team lead etc. for the team we might be placed in. Have you emailed or spoken to anyone at DSTL since the AC?
C.Tong
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sunshine8912)
Yea I am through. I hope your version is right but really just want to know now! I guess that is what they are doing, so we meet the right team lead etc. for the team we might be placed in. Have you emailed or spoken to anyone at DSTL since the AC?
No I haven't. A little worried about if I hear back from any other places ive applied for as I don't know where I stand with DSTL. I've decided though that if I do get offers from anywhere else, I might just give them a call and ask where I stand so I know what to say to other places. But i'l deal with that when it comes to it lol.
jlib92
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys,

When i had my phone interview the email i got back said that they were inviting me to assessment center but they had run out of space so they had to arrange some more. This was about a month ago and I still havent got a date for the assessment center.

So for those of you waiting to hear about technical interviews it might be because they haven't finished assessment centers yet?
treesaregreenandtall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow they must be really far behind then! Do you think they will wait for all the centres to finish before doing technical interviews?
C.Tong
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Who knows, if I hear back from anywhere else i've applied to then I may just give them a call and see where I stand.
JonTerry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jlib92)
Hi guys,

When i had my phone interview the email i got back said that they were inviting me to assessment center but they had run out of space so they had to arrange some more. This was about a month ago and I still havent got a date for the assessment center.

So for those of you waiting to hear about technical interviews it might be because they haven't finished assessment centers yet?
After the phone interview I was told that the assessment centres were full and they would contact me after this round of assessments (this was the 12th Feb) and arrange new dates to fill remaining vacancies (due to the volume of applicants this year). I heard nothing for quite some time and assumed that it was unlikely that I would hear back.

I got an email on the 7th March with an assessment centre date of 18th March. I couldn't do it so rang them up and asked what other dates I could attend - they said the 4th April was the only other one I could do. I am not sure whether that is because the 4th is the last one or because the others were full, but it is certainly getting late.

If anyone else is going tomorrow, see you there.
treesaregreenandtall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow I can't believe they are doing assessment centres so late! I did mine almost 3 months ago- crazy. I gave in to temptation and gave them another email, I don't like to pester them but I kinda want to know even approximately when my interview date will be so I know if I am coming from home/uni etc and how close it will be to my final exams!
coley90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JonTerry)
After the phone interview I was told that the assessment centres were full and they would contact me after this round of assessments (this was the 12th Feb) and arrange new dates to fill remaining vacancies (due to the volume of applicants this year). I heard nothing for quite some time and assumed that it was unlikely that I would hear back.

I got an email on the 7th March with an assessment centre date of 18th March. I couldn't do it so rang them up and asked what other dates I could attend - they said the 4th April was the only other one I could do. I am not sure whether that is because the 4th is the last one or because the others were full, but it is certainly getting late.

If anyone else is going tomorrow, see you there.
I got an email on the 12th of March saying I had passed the telephone interview and I would be invited to the assessment centre but that they were full and they would get back to me. Emailed them again since and still nothing.
So frustrating as this graduate role looks so good and i'm really impatient
adamc07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have been given an assessment centre date of the 15th April. So I guess they are leaving it very late!

Posted from TSR Mobile
notahumandoing
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Gah!

This really is getting silly now. I don't so much mind them taking a bit of time over the application process it's just that they seem to not reply to any emails at all even just a simple "can you give me a rough idea of what month the technical interviews are in so that I can plan other things".

They simply said well don you're through and yo'll know in the next few months... i'm just shocked at the lack of communication even just a simple email saying "we will let you know" would be better than just ignoring emails

It seemed at my assessment center that they were going to hold the tech interviews after the tax year finished (as in after this friday) but if they're still doing assessment centers then who knows what's going on any more... it's just frustrating that we are left with absolutely no information at all and as others have said i don't want to badger and nag them with emails so kinda in a catch 22 situation
treesaregreenandtall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is really weird as we were told that the last assessment was the 14th of February! Are you guys applying for grad scientist or analysts or something else?
adamc07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by notahumandoing)
Gah!

This really is getting silly now. I don't so much mind them taking a bit of time over the application process it's just that they seem to not reply to any emails at all even just a simple "can you give me a rough idea of what month the technical interviews are in so that I can plan other things".

They simply said well don you're through and yo'll know in the next few months... i'm just shocked at the lack of communication even just a simple email saying "we will let you know" would be better than just ignoring emails

It seemed at my assessment center that they were going to hold the tech interviews after the tax year finished (as in after this friday) but if they're still doing assessment centers then who knows what's going on any more... it's just frustrating that we are left with absolutely no information at all and as others have said i don't want to badger and nag them with emails so kinda in a catch 22 situation
So was your technical interview not part of your assessment day? The email they sent me 2 days ago says:

The Assessment Centre will comprise of 1 element.

On the day:-

A combined competency and technical based interview lasting approximately 45 minutes.

Was this not the same for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads