Report 6 years ago
You'll find this very helpful, it's MathsWatch
Stramala
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Type 052D)
I can pass but it is the social stigma that comes with this experience...
Eh, what social stigma? You'll only get treated like you have no intelligence if you act like you don't have any. I totally ****ed up everything I did at high school and had to go via college to repair the damage, but no-one ever looked down upon me based on my intelligence. If anything, I was most often asked while at college why I hadn't gone straight to Uni, they were surprised to hear I'd messed up so badly at school.

So yeah, it's all in your mind.
jreid1994
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tuerin)
What a load of horse****. Straight out of a Hollywood A-lister's cosmetically chiselled arse
Okay, your right I'm guessing if you realize it is hard you did it right and actually work . But if you don't find it hard and fail, then does that mean? That it might be possible that it was actually harder than you thought it was? Yes or no? I'm going with yes and believe it or not maths is not easy for some people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
myah_94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tengentoppa)
I'm sorry, but that post is so badly written that I don't understand what you're saying. What are you asking?
lol love it, straight up
Type 052D
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Naami)
Eh it's not really a big deal. My older sis failed GCSE Maths in Secondary School, but that was because she went to a crap school where they tell you the best you can do is get a D/C + she had to take care of me and my younger siblings as my mum had mental health issues at the time. She retook it in her first year of college, passed (albeit it was a C) but she's managed to go to a Russel Group uni, has had two different jobs in two different career sectors and has gone travelling. She's looking for another job atm, but she's done a lot with her life and has a lot of experience; there's no doubt in my mind she'll do well in the future. Employers don't really care if she retook it, and no one else cares. Just do it and do well in your A-levels
Can you tell what job area/field your sister is in? Thank you.
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by mosmof)
i did great in my gcse's, nearly all b's, got the academic achievement award at college, still took me three times to pass gcse maths. keep at it mate.

edit: just to add all my uni offers have been unconditional so far (i clearly stated the retake on my qualifications). really dont worry buddy.
What are you gonna study in Uni?
Naami
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can you tell what job area/field your sister is in? Thank you.
She graduated with a 2:2 in Social Sciences from Manchester University and went on to become a Learning Mentor. Did this for a couple of years then she resigned and did a TEFL course, teaching english in a village school in Thailand. She did that for 6 months and travelled for another 2 months over Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

She returned, and found a job as a receptionist and accounts assisstant in a energy firm in central London. So she books hotels, arrange flights and meetings as well as do a lot of the accounts for the company (this is someone who got a C in Maths mind you!). She's become really interested in accountancy and has learned a lot about it, even read a book on it. However she's decided she might go travelling a bit more and then go work for a travel company (she said she's always wanted to do this).

Hope this helps
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naami)
She graduated with a 2:2 in Social Sciences from Manchester University and went on to become a Learning Mentor. Did this for a couple of years then she resigned and did a TEFL course, teaching english in a village school in Thailand. She did that for 6 months and travelled for another 2 months over Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

She returned, and found a job as a receptionist and accounts assisstant in a energy firm in central London. So she books hotels, arrange flights and meetings as well as do a lot of the accounts for the company (this is someone who got a C in Maths mind you!). She's become really interested in accountancy and has learned a lot about it, even read a book on it. However she's decided she might go travelling a bit more and then go work for a travel company (she said she's always wanted to do this).

Hope this helps
Thank but my dream profession is to be an Lawyer or work in the Criminal Prosecution service. I'm happy your sister has become successful and bid her good luck.
Naami
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank but my dream profession is to be an Lawyer or work in the Criminal Prosecution service. I'm happy your sister has become successful and bid her good luck.
I wish you luck on that Just don't let your resit hold you back. I know on this site everyone makes a big deal out of GCSE's, but they're not the end all and be all in university applications and beyond, especially as you won't be going into a maths-related field. Good luck for the future!
PataynaRolaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
. .
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naami)
I wish you luck on that Just don't let your resit hold you back. I know on this site everyone makes a big deal out of GCSE's, but they're not the end all and be all in university applications and beyond, especially as you won't be going into a maths-related field. Good luck for the future!
May God guide you to an good future. Amen.
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by PataynaRolaay)
. .
Did you pass your Maths?
PataynaRolaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did you pass your Maths?
I opened it on a new thread in advice on everyday issues
Matt.Dolan93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heh, I still need to get my GCSE English grade up, it's a D grade atm
Type 052D
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naami)
Hi, Just pressed for doing Higher paper and predicted an 'A'. I changed my idea of doing Law and would like to do A-Level Bio, Chem and Electronic or Physics. I hope to do Biochemistry at unis like Sheffield/Nottingham/KCL. What your future plans?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads