Advice please - tone up Watch

Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Callidus)
he said he's thin so my guess is he already has 'single digit body fat' and just needs the muscle.. and the easiest and quickest (possibly not the best) way to do this is to bulk, lift, then cut.
He doesn't have a six pack. Enough said.
smithyinthehouse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 protein shakes a day for one 2 months and you will be hulk hogan
Illidan_Stormrage
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just because he's thin doesn't mean he has single digit body fat % lol
MancStudent098
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Classical Liberal)
He doesn't have any muscle mass either, so his best option is heavy eating and heavy lifting - he can worry about minimising body fat and getting a six pack later.
Callidus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think when he said six pack he meant a real one to go with his biceps not a skinny pack
seana39223
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey just to clarify I would probably say my body fat is a single %

Posted from TSR Mobile
uktotalgamer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He said he wants to impress girls, not other men.

If you want a sexy physique, cut down to digit body fat. Then just add modest amounts of muscle without putting on fat.
Most retarded post I've seen in a while, and on this forum it's saying something...

Please do tell us how you add modest amounts of muscle without putting on fat...
Classical Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by uktotalgamer)
Most retarded post I've seen in a while, and on this forum it's saying something...

Please do tell us how you add modest amounts of muscle without putting on fat...
By running a small surplus and doing plenty of resistance training. Duhhh.

Anyway I am talking about avoid what most people seem to do which is gain 2 pounds of fat for every pound of muscle. If you want to look good, that is totally stupid.
Farid Jalil
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by seana39223)
Hi, I'm going to be flat out honest, I want to tone up as I want to impress some girls, mainly I want to tone up my biceps and triceps and start to get a six pack. I am a very resilient person and will never give up. I am quite thin atm, and was wondering what would be the best way for me to tone up?
You should never work out to impress people, working out is for yourself so think a little more before you start!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
uktotalgamer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
By running a small surplus and doing plenty of resistance training. Duhhh.

Anyway I am talking about avoid what most people seem to do which is gain 2 pounds of fat for every pound of muscle. If you want to look good, that is totally stupid.
It's not stupid at all. That's the pound of bulking. I can guarantee that is OP decided to run at a "small surplus" he would end up spinning his wheels forever and ever and gain no size, or strength.

You gain a lot more over time by gaining like a pound a week and then cutting, you really do.
Classical Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by uktotalgamer)
It's not stupid at all. That's the pound of bulking. I can guarantee that is OP decided to run at a "small surplus" he would end up spinning his wheels forever and ever and gain no size, or strength.

You gain a lot more over time by gaining like a pound a week and then cutting, you really do.
Yeah, you also become a fat ****. Sure you gain muscle faster, but on the the other hand you are not looking your best for 80% of the time.

He wants girls to be attracted to him. Look at male models. Look a male sex symbols. Look at actors women fancy. They are all low body fat and usually have modest amounts of muscle.

Very important here, modest, amounts of muscle. Not the crazy amounts many moronic men aspire to.

If all you care about is getting massive, then sure, bulk. If you want to be good looking, don't bulk.
Converse Rocker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to be good looking, don't bulk.
I'd just like to pick up on this point mate. Please have a look at this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151349993

Yes, it's TBB, but please hold fire on that The guy looks great, and when he was bulking, he was eating around 4000 calories a day. Yes he's 6'1 but I still doubt that was a 'small surplus', given he's now eating around 1000 less. I think it's a bit presumptuous to say that you should eat a small surplus, while at pretty dam low body fat percentage, in order to obtain a male model physique.
seana39223
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for all the replies people, and I'd rather a modest amount of muscle, I don't want to look like a body builder haha
Classical Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Converse Rocker)
I'd just like to pick up on this point mate. Please have a look at this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151349993

Yes, it's TBB, but please hold fire on that The guy looks great, and when he was bulking, he was eating around 4000 calories a day. Yes he's 6'1 but I still doubt that was a 'small surplus', given he's now eating around 1000 less. I think it's a bit presumptuous to say that you should eat a small surplus, while at pretty dam low body fat percentage, in order to obtain a male model physique.
Yeah, but on the other hand, just go into gyms and have a look at what people in the free weights section look like. Typically they are big and a bit fat. This is because they tend to eat more than they need.

Sure they gain muscle quicker than they would if they did not put on body fat, but on the other hand low body fat is far more important than being massive.
uktotalgamer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, you also become a fat ****. Sure you gain muscle faster, but on the the other hand you are not looking your best for 80% of the time.

He wants girls to be attracted to him. Look at male models. Look a male sex symbols. Look at actors women fancy. They are all low body fat and usually have modest amounts of muscle.

Very important here, modest, amounts of muscle. Not the crazy amounts many moronic men aspire to.

If all you care about is getting massive, then sure, bulk. If you want to be good looking, don't bulk.
If you do it right you should gain a little bit of a fat, but not become a "fat ****" like you suggest...

Yes, they have modest amounts of muscle, but even that takes time to get. Especially like you suggest.

If you believe that you can gain "modest" amounts of muscle just like that then your as stupid as your posts make you out. I can guarantee that if you do even do any resistance training, you have made little to no progress.

OP. Bulk. 1lb a week.
amuththa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Increase your Arms workout routine. do more straight bar curls and dumbell curls. and eat foods rich in protein. at least have 100g of protein a day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.08%
Not great so far... (220)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.09%

Watched Threads