This discussion is closed.
officelinebacker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 3mma_gal96)
Hiya,
So yeah, I'm a 16 year old girl and looking to take up a hobby. I work hard at school and currently have a Saturday job, but I want to do something in my spare time, preferably a sport. I did ballet when I was 4, done horseriding, swimming and streetdance over the years, which I really enjoyed. Only problem is, most of these dance classes/ sports clubs are aimed at children and only go up to my age
Any suggestions? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd suggest you give Rock Climbing a go, it's great fun, very physical, builds up a whole set of skills that you won't have had before, you get incredibly strong if you stick with it, and it gives you a great adrenaline rush.

If you have a search on google you'll probably be able to find a climbing centre near you and ask them about when they run their introductory sessions. You'll find people of all ages there, my nearest centre had an age range of 13 to mid 40s at their last introductory session.
malikshake
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Chess club, maybe?
stephaniechamb
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would advise dance or drama I've been dancing for 15 years and have been going to drama four 4 years. I find that both the hobbies do not seriously impede on my studies, but that they actually offer a bit of freedom! Because I have grown up doing these activities, I have made really close friends at both groups, and so they are a great way to make friends at my drama group they always encourage that no-one who is new should ever be left alone, so everyone is friends with each other! And both can help your confidence, which is great for interview etc., so they can help you in the future!
PCAnarchist
Report 6 years ago
Saluton, amikoj! Kiel vi fartas?
Sly111
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should try thinking of all the cool things you'd put on a bucket list before you die and build up your choice in hobbies from there
For example through this method i took up tricking, snowboarding, archery and continued with my martial arts karate, jujitsu and muay thai
Bromaldehyde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Badminton is the bomb, so is rubik's cubing too.
Alirat23
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You could take up horse riding again? That's for any age. I've been riding since I was 11/12 and I'm now 23! Tennis, table tennis, trampolining, dancing again, could you visit your local sports club and see what they've got to offer?
finn12379
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiya,
So yeah, I'm a 16 year old girl and looking to take up a hobby. I work hard at school and currently have a Saturday job, but I want to do something in my spare time, preferably a sport. I did ballet when I was 4, done horseriding, swimming and streetdance over the years, which I really enjoyed. Only problem is, most of these dance classes/ sports clubs are aimed at children and only go up to my age

Posted from TSR Mobile
Muay thai
Boxing
Judo
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
vikram97the3rd
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fapping

Posted from TSR Mobile
hlyon200
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiya,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Join the ACF
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Erm, ANYTHING!

Go and take up whatever you want. As soon as you get older and get commitments you'll barely have time to do anything other than work, cook and sleep.
Danny Rogue
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I play competative tabletenniss at a local club, i know that thats not expensive at all. For me its 50 euros a year and i play national so its not the lowest level either.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed