Arsey
Badges: 10
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sheaiskl)
This is a shot in the dark but it may be to do with some s1 exam cancellations yesterday because of snow?

Idk though I mean we're discussing it here now anyway
nah, nothing to do with it. Edexcel Maths papers are international exams. It went ahead at the vast majority of centres. If it was cancelled at a particular centre then it is just bad luck for those entered there.
Putch1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sheaiskl)
This is a shot in the dark but it may be to do with some s1 exam cancellations yesterday because of snow?

Idk though I mean we're discussing it here now anyway
They were never cancelled. Even if cancelled, you can't sit until may/june
Sheaiskl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Alright then, the moderators need to fix up
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is there no other way of uploading it? :erm:
dvproduction
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kakashidude101)
For the one about working out the standard deviation, i completely forgot they gave you Sigmafy^2 and worked it out from scratch, talk about wasting your time !_!
Wooow I didn't even know it was possible to work out sigma from what they gave although you didn't need to well done for being able to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The last question on number 4 with the normal distribution with the given 127 hours ... with the 6 hours thing was so hard and the probability on page 7 with the venn diagram and the yeah the whole paper arghh!!! but i asked for a piece of paper and wrote down all my answers so I could check against Arsey's model answers :O ...
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
I posted them at 7:30 but the thread is still waiting approval. I just tried to start another thread now but again it saying in needs approval from a moderator. Really not sure what is going on.

If it takes 2hrs for a thread to be approved every time I am just not going to bother posting the solutions anymore.
I suspect this is an automated system to prevent embargo breaches for Edexcel. If you want to avoid this in the future, do what you used to do and start an empty thread in advance and tell me. I will close it and sticky it and then open it for you as soon as the embargo ends.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
I suspect this is an automated system to prevent embargo breaches for Edexcel. If you want to avoid this in the future, do what you used to do and start an empty thread in advance and tell me. I will close it and sticky it and then open it for you as soon as the embargo ends.
Mr M, does that mean he will be unable to provide us with the answers today? ...
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 250310)
Mr M, does that mean he will be unable to provide us with the answers today? ...
The answers are up and stickied at the top of the page.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
The answers are up and stickied at the top of the page.
soz lols but I'm not too sure what you mean by stickied? does that mean we cant access them because I just went to the top of the thread on this page and page 1 but couldn't find it?? :hmmmm2::hmmmm2:
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nvm i found it thank you
bonjour04
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tackla)
OH man, for that Tom question I gave the probability of her winning for each different results on the coin. I didn't add it up: (

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the same. Swear the question asked which die she should be playing with when the coin shows either 2 or 5 nohhhhh?!?!
Tackla
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bonjour04)
I did the same. Swear the question asked which die she should be playing with when the coin shows either 2 or 5 nohhhhh?!?!
Ha, we were thinking the same thing. I basically said if Tom got 2, which die she should pick and the probability of her winning with that die. Did the same when for 5.
dvproduction
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rgooderick)
How did you get the 5/12? I did (probability of 2 on coin) x (probability of getting 3 or 5 on die) + (probability of getting 5 on coin) x (probability of getting 6 on die) which I think came to (1/2)x(2/3) + (1/2)x(1/6). Does that that sound about right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
exactly what i got
dvproduction
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ha, we were thinking the same thing. I basically said if Tom got 2, which die she should pick and the probability of her winning with that die. Did the same when for 5.
yea i think your correct but i recon i will get marks for my tree diagram as its a 4 marker
jonny8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nvm i found it thank you
where is it??
matejlukic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jonny8)
where is it??
yeah i'm not sure either
matejlukic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nvm i found it thank you
Where abouts is it? I looked in the same places but im not sure where it is
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In search box type S1 model answers
bonjour04
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Omgsh! I did exactly the same. That should give us ~2/4 right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.15%
No (179)
75.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed