Using a wheelchair when you can walk Watch

Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Their rationale is that if they mask the pain they won't find the cause.
eh? Depending on what your problem is, they'd see it on MRI or x-ray regardless of whether you're on medication or not.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by OU Student)
eh? Depending on what your problem is, they'd see it on MRI or x-ray regardless of whether you're on medication or not.
Oh believe me I know it's ridiculous! Most ridiculous thing is they have scanned pretty much every part of my body apart from my leg!
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh believe me I know it's ridiculous! Most ridiculous thing is they have scanned pretty much every part of my body apart from my leg!
Why? I had a scan of my head done a few years ago and after deciding that there was something there that shouldn't be and a few other issues, they decided to also scan my legs and spine.

One of the first things my GP did was chuck medication (naproxen) at me for my neck pain. Almost 3 years later, no diagnosis for the pain (which comes and goes) and no-one seems to be taking me seriously. Oh, and I had the same issue a few years previously.:mad:
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Their rationale is that if they mask the pain they won't find the cause.
That is by far the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
I understand that if you turn up to an appointment and you've taken the pain killers then you might not be able to tell them where it hurts when they poke and prod you (:mad:) but that's no reason to not give you any pain relief at all. They should just tell you not to take it before an appointment.
trojan10_om
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm no expert, but the symptoms you describe sounds like RSD. Have you been tested for this?
ellieHA
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Use a wheelchair! Suffering chronic pain when it's unnecessary isn't fair on you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by trojan10_om)
I'm no expert, but the symptoms you describe sounds like RSD. Have you been tested for this?
Had never heard of it. From a quick google search it does sound an awful lot like my symptoms. Also the fact it started near, but not at exactly the same time as a fall when figure skating. Will bring it up when and if I Get my next appointment. Problem is every time I mention something it could be they suddenly think I'm a a hypochondriac searching the web and thinking I have everything I read about -.-
The Wild Youth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've seen 4 GPS, 4 consultants and 2 physiotherapists

Each just says they don't know what's wrong but whatever it is is someone else's department, and they all just tell me the next doctor will prescribe me something. I have been to,d I'm being referred to a pain clinic but its been 2 months and I've heard nothing. Followed up with my gp who said shed speed things along but still nothing -.-

I know this is a suggestion that loads of people instantly dismiss but have you considered seeing a holistic practitioner/ nutritionist? I don't mean as a be all and end all solution but they tend to delve pretty deep into what's causing health problems.

I know from experience how frustrating problems like yours is in getting it treated and diagnosed, it really sucks It's just a suggestion but honestly, a nutritionist path ended up being the only one that worked for my mum for a very serious, 10 year undiagnosed health problem.

In regards to your OP, go for it! We had to get one for my mum for a bit, to help her out because she got tired so quickly but still wanted to be out and about. Do it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The Wild Youth)
I know this is a suggestion that loads of people instantly dismiss but have you considered seeing a holistic practitioner/ nutritionist? I don't mean as a be all and end all solution but they tend to delve pretty deep into what's causing health problems.

I know from experience how frustrating problems like yours is in getting it treated and diagnosed, it really sucks It's just a suggestion but honestly, a nutritionist path ended up being the only one that worked for my mum for a very serious, 10 year undiagnosed health problem.

In regards to your OP, go for it! We had to get one for my mum for a bit, to help her out because she got tired so quickly but still wanted to be out and about. Do it
Although I wouldn't usually consider it, I might if it gets to the summer and I still don't know what's wrong. Really don't want to be like this at uni! Can't even get through the open days without having to leave half way through or carry on in tears.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads