TobyLUFC91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Reading other peoples comments there is another problem I share also, called maintenance out twice in the last week because of persistent humming obviously from the pipes because whenever someone shuts a tap off the humming stops. Both rooms next to me have this problem, again not sure what the people in either were taught where there from but neither seems to care at all about it. Bumped into the guy from maintenance yesterday, he seemed nice and friendly enough and I suppose there's only so much he can do, however he assured me it was coming from the hall outside the flat and said he would take care of it. A few dodgy nights sleep later because of the noise and it is still not sorted! I do wonder what my £120 a week goes towards when a few dodgy pipes cant be fixed! Ah well move out tomorrow, good riddance. P.S. everything in my room is as it was when I arrived, I will not accept a £40 charge like last year for leaving one piece of clothing I am still pretty sure I didn't leave.
TobyLUFC91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
P.P.S Piccadillly Point you give Manchester a bad name, such a wonderful city (takes a lot for me to say been a Leeds United fan) full of places to go and things to do but simply because of the awful 2nd year I have had I wont be coming back for a long long time. You really really need to make sure you tell British students the type of atmosphere they will experience at your halls, please don't take what I am saying the wrong way, I take great pleasure in experiencing other cultures and the world would be very boring if we were all the same. However I don't see how the University lifestyle can be experienced and lived properly at this halls in-particular. For all my social gatherings and get togthers I have had to travel to fallowfields pretty much every other day to experience University properly, which is why I urge anyone not to move into halls for the 2nd year. If you do for your 1st year, Parkway Gate, or an even safer bet, the student village across the road from Parkway Gate.
TobyLUFC91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry to keep harping on but there is another point i would like to make that backs up my arguement, since I have been here from September, there is now a fourth person in the room to my right, and a third in the room to my left. It is 'impossible' to properly social or make friends in Piccadilly Point!
Justeen910
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be honest, I have heard that UNITE can have a bad reputation.

However, I lived with UNITE in Leeds for first and second year. For the majority of the time, I couldn't fault the service. I don't think I ever had a fire drill on Tuesdays like it was scheduled, but maybe I was at university at the time. The alarm on my floor did go off a fair bit, but that's the fault of the students in a particular flat and their inability to make toast, not UNITE. Whenever security was needed (e.g for a fire alarm at night) response was always quick and staff were polite. I do agree though that opening times on reception could be better. Yes, the lift did break occasionally, but that would happen elsewhere. Yes, strangers did find their way into the building, but again, this wasn't UNITE's fault, it would have been people running in through the main door before it shut and locked - or worse - when other students let them in. As for charging people for ridiculous things, I have heard this too, but from personal experience, I haven't been charged... even though I made a small burn on the carpet in first year.

Also, people are saying not to live with them/in halls for second year, I was with UNITE in second year and I lived with 3 other girls, all of whom were in second year too. So, really, it does seem that each UNITE building is different. In fact, the only reason I am not living in UNITE accommodation for fourth year is because I found somewhere cheaper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads