FIFA 13 - Things that annoy me Watch

River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Batman)
Don't understand why people hate rage quitters so much, you still get the win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not if they do so in the first five minutes (at least not on 12) and, in team play, the game just ends. It s just nice seeing a game through to the end instead of having every one finish as early as the 10th minute.
The Batman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Not if they do so in the first five minutes (at least not on 12) and, in team play, the game just ends. It s just nice seeing a game through to the end instead of having every one finish as early as the 10th minute.
Yeah you never got the win in 12, but they changed it in 13 - one of the only improvements tbh!! The only time I ever quit is if they are pissing around passing the ball at the back even though they're winning like 3-0 >:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Batman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One of the things that REALLY annoys me is when you score and run to do an epic celebration but then you get tackled and raped by the ai before you can......

Posted from TSR Mobile
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
I don't mind watching replays. I just don't want to watch that opening scene where the players walk out the tunnel, stand in a line and shake hands every time. It's really long, and it's just the same thing each time.
Fair enough, that opening can be a pain but I like to watch the other replays. :dontknow:
JD95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate how ridiculously easy fouls can be given or how you get a free kick and sometimes a pen against you from a random incident miles off the ball that you often can't even see. I know this happens in real life but still.. if you have no control over it it's a bit unfair.
Jabz257
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I hate the the fact how easily the players go down.
Also how the referee doesn't give fouls when you deserve them.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What I hate. When I get abuse on xbox live because I have 82% possession against them and I'm winning 3-0.
What else I hate. People who complain about sweaty goals because they can't defend for ****. It sucks the life out of the game when I let my friend defend a chance when he's defending ****.

In fact do you know what I hate the most in fifa? **** people who complain because they're getting beat.

A good example was me playing my friend in fifa 12. I played long ball for the lulz and won 1-0(that's what I wanted the score to be) and he was making excuses that he would have beat me if he could defend. Not my fault you're **** mate.

(Original post by Malevolent)
When a center back like Mertersaker catches up with someone like Valencia or Bale. Though it happens way less it still happens too much for my liking. Also the refs being so inconsistent with awarding penalties and such. One minute i can get spear tackled in the box and nothing and then next a small tug and i get the penalty...
Yeah the tugging pisses me off, some of the things I've seen in fifa is a pile of gas.

Na mertesacker catches up with them because the guy has ran half the field with them and they tire out. Or they have good positioning. Mertesacker is probably the best defender in the game bar barzaghli, he's slow as **** but you can't move him aerially, positionally he's the best and he's strong as **** so he can't get turned. Cuts out every through ball. I love using mertesacker.

(Original post by CB91)
Ive never understood why not skipping annoys people. I like to watch the replays, if it bothers my opponent then thats his problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, I make them watch it 3 times for the lulz. I'm such a prick to play fifa against.
Jabz257
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For all you FIFA players, do you guys change your controller settings, as in changing from assisted passes to manual passes etc?
Advanced
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LauraRMCF)
Annoys the living **** out of me when I'm losing by ONE goal, and for the rest of the 6 minutes, they choose to pass the ball back and forth in their own half...either that or they just stand with the ball to waste the ****ing time. Makes me want to bash their head in.
Change team mentality to ultra-attacking when they do this, closes them down and kills off that tactic.
LauraRMCF
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Advanced)
Change team mentality to ultra-attacking when they do this, closes them down and kills off that tactic.
Oh goodness, my defensive tactics are terrible and so I avoid ultra-attacking as the moment I do that, they tend to get one in the back of the net.
Jakegt1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anybody else play on PC here? i made a bad mistake around christmas for buying it for £20 thinking it would be much cheaper than the ps3 version. The ps3 version was £25 on amazon...
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jabz257)
For all you FIFA players, do you guys change your controller settings, as in changing from assisted passes to manual passes etc?
Depends if I'm bothered. I could do that but it's long when everyone else is using assisted. If I have my own Xbox I'd do it though. I can play manual.
JD95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I prefer assisted but I can cope with manual. I miss the days when you could slide the keeper and get a straight red

Jake, what's it even like playing on PC? I can't even imagine.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LauraRMCF)
Oh goodness, my defensive tactics are terrible and so I avoid ultra-attacking as the moment I do that, they tend to get one in the back of the net.
Just watch the opponents runs, it's all about hand eye coordination. If you can see potential moves they can put. You cut them out. Sometimes I make myself intentionally vulnerable and let them go through on goal for me to defend it and keep the ball for a bit. It's all about tactics.
JD95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If they're running on a curve towards goal (I know it's daft but I like to play always on ultra attacking) I tend to have my CB run back to goal in a straight line as opposed to going out to meet them, or if they're running at you, make them make the first move. It may take a little getting used to but it's not hard to defend on ultra attacking once you work out how.
Gob Bluth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ProcrastinatePro)
Anyone else an offline player? I'm obsessed with career mode and how slow the loading is for the calendar is ****ing irratating. Also playing against the cpu?
An absolute ****ing piss take, I swear EVERYTIME i win possession the ball just happens to always drift to the cpu again.

Finally the new thing they added in career mode where the commentator states where nearly every team stands in the bpl after every pl game and all the results of all fixtures after every game. It was cool at first, but now it is seriously annoying.
Okay rant over.:mad:
Just mute it, that's what i do.

I've been playing the career a bit lately. Swansea had the 5foot5 Leon Britton in goal :facepalm2: To make matters worse I got Reina sent off in the same match (never happened for me before where i didn't have a keeper on bench) and so had to play the tall guy Coates in goal, funny. Few games later Spurs have Sandro in goals. Seriously, how hard is this to fix?! I remember Arteta in goal in fifa 12! Always the short guys, bizarre...

Career mode is so flawed, i usually get so far then realise it's entirely crap and stop playing it. Thing is FIFA is so set up for playing strong, and quick players it's a shame. Quick wingers, powerful striker and a powerful box to box midfielder often does the trick.

Also, i was initially at Swansea in my career and everyone was growing loads. I was offered a job at Liverpool and took it. 2 seasons later people there have hardly grown whilst they were loads when i was there. And people at Liverpool are growing loads. Why is it in my favour here? Annoying to see the players i brought in such as M. Suarez, Sterling, Nainggolan just not improve. Whilst i notice all my players 30- improve surely they should go down in some attributes too. I mean look at a real life example of Downing who had a terrible season last year and so probably went down from a 80 to 70 in that season. Ratings should definitely fluctuate more.

Also, why can't crap sides improve? It's always the same going up and down. And little by little i notice the quality players i bought at Swansea are being sold and being replaced by awful reserves...

Career mode is just so flawed it's a shame as it is fun to play the games and such like. I mean it's a lot better than last years even but it's still pretty disappointing.

Talking online people not pressing A at pre game, half time and full time are annoying. Really doesn't take much... I do watch my goals on the replay usually though, once only. Rage quitters make me laugh as i just imagine them being really pissed off. I imagine if it just disconnects they've turned the xbox off in annoyance
JD95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I turn mine off quite a lot :laugh: I've come dangerously close to launching my control at the wall a few times too

I've worked out the crossing though (sorry if it's been mentioned and I've missed it) - you hold down the RB on xbox while you cross. If you put too much power on obviously it'll still go flying out to the winger but other than that RB does the trick.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JD95)
I turn mine off quite a lot :laugh: I've come dangerously close to launching my control at the wall a few times too

I've worked out the crossing though (sorry if it's been mentioned and I've missed it) - you hold down the RB on xbox while you cross. If you put too much power on obviously it'll still go flying out to the winger but other than that RB does the trick.
Didn't realise that. What does RB do? Allow you to do early crosses from deep?
I usually just lump it in there from the byline.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People who quit in the first five minutes after you take the lead.

Once I went up 1-0 inside five minutes and he didn't quit, great. Then I went up 2-0 and it still hadn't hit five minutes, and he quit. Son of a *****.
sparkysarmy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmm, Hate is a strong word but something that grinds my gears is when people wait until the last second to make a bid. Damn them!

Also, the famous referees which pretend to be referees but are actually part-time swedish plumbers who are in disguise and give the most random decisions against me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads