The hypocrisy of radical feminism Watch

Hadouken
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Militant feminism will be crushed with time. MEN SHALL RISE AGAIN!
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aries1992)
I'm not a feminist, however, you can't ignore that men still do get the majority of "higher" careers and therefore higher pay than women.
As other have said the pay gap for under 25's doesn't exist. At higher levels, CEO's and such, there is obviously going to be a pay gap, men effectively got a head start, but that advantage was 20 years ago. You have to rise through the ranks, equal uni attendance, equal starting salaries, equal promotion to mid level management will 10 years down the line result in equal pay across the board. Its a similar argument to why there are fewer black university lectures, it not due to discrimination now, it just a knock on from years before.

The girl in question is clearly an idiot with stupid views. That said, when you promote a ideology in which one side of equality is promoted more you are going to get views like this.
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because women can want equality as much as they want. My personal beliefs differ.

Edit - And I would never expect everyone to follow my ****ed up beliefs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
... I can sense I don't want to know. So I'm not going to ask. Have a very good future
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cephalus)
That really is quite interesting actually, its a complete reversal.
Much like the one happening in education, with grades and uni attendance rates.
Aries1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
... I can sense I don't want to know. So I'm not going to ask. Have a very good future
Haha thank you!

Trust me, I wish I never but there's only so far I can go against my upbringing!

Mendeleev's Table
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not a feminist, however, you can't ignore that men still do get the majority of "higher" careers and therefore higher pay than women.
And is that because they are men or because the people that were better at those jobs happened to be men?
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha thank you!

Trust me, I wish I never but there's only so far I can go against my upbringing!

XD I don't agree, but I see your point. Have a good one.
Aries1992
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mendeleev's Table)
And is that because they are men or because the people that were better at those jobs happened to be men?
I have no idea. That's what I remember from Sociology lol.

I do remember in Psychology (Evolutionary Explanations) - the reason is that it's because women get pregnant and then have to rear children ect whereas men have evolved to be more competitive and risk taking.

By no means do I agree with this.

Ice Constricter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You argued all this, on a TRAIN!!??!!
Cephalus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Ice Constricter)
You argued all this, on a TRAIN!!??!!
Well I was on the train for ages. And saying it all is faster than reading it too
Ice Constricter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you aren't trolling dont be surprised to find out someone filmed your encounter and uploaded it on world star hiphop.
Ice Constricter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I was on the train for ages. And saying it all is faster than reading it too
Then she was trolling, in real life. Especially regarding her idiotic point about rockets being penis shaped.
Slothsftws
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So after a nice visit to Waterstones in Central London, I got into an argument with a feminist. Rather, I was on the tube, and she sat down opposite me. She must have been a student (I guess, going by some books she had in her hands), and her appearance conformed to all the stereotypes that feminists have been known for: short hair, quite masculine build, you know the sort. I must admit, when I first saw her, I did laugh (not outwardly, I laughed inwardly and what appeared on my face was a smile). She looked at me and said 'typical male'. I asked her what she meant, and what ensued was a diatribe on her part that I'm sure she considered pretty solid.

Here are a few points that she tried to get away with:

-The world is dominated by misogynistic males. She even referenced the classic 'Why are rockets penis-shaped? Because male scientists want to assert their masculinity'.

Now, apart from the fact that vagina-shaped rockets aren't very aerodynamic, the annoyance here is just the fact that most males aren't misogynistic. In fact, she was incapable of accepting that you can be a male and feminist like I am.

-Women are treated as second class citizens by society

This made me laugh. Although females still have some way to go in achieving full equality, it is simply ridiculous to claim that women are second class citizens in this society. In the family courts, the woman is usually favoured, such as in case of child custody. Generally speaking, a woman is usually treated better than a male when the court comes to punish somebody for a crime.

-Most males are violent

She harboured the delusion that most males, at some stage in their relationships, will get violent. Of course, I asked her if she thought it ok for a man to hit a women (no) but gave an emphatic yes to 'Is it alright for women to hit men?'

- Men are unable to satisfy women sexually. Of course, she referenced the average penis size, and said that the majority of men just aren't up to it.

This just reeks of hypocrisy. God forbid a scientist who tries to make up a scale of 1-10 detailing vaginal elasticity; he would be condemned by almost every scientific organisation in the world, and everybody else on top, as being a sexist pig. Yet it's alright to make men feel this way.

So this is my diatribe against radical feminism. It seems that now, in order to achieve equality for women, it is another group that is being discriminated against: the male.

I wonder, has anybody ever met somebody like this in real life? By real life, I don't mean like on the train, but in more dangerous circumstances. Could you imagine working for one of these people?

And given the fact that women have achieved near full equality, do women have any need for these radicals?

Made up story. Strangers never talk on the tube, they don't even make eye contact. And even if they did it would be too loud in order to have a lengthy conversation from opposing seats. You made up a story and character to attack, we see this all the time.

I can do this as well: I saw a typical libertarian douche on the tube reading Ayn Rand, I asked him what we should do with poor ill people, he said let them die.

The difference here is this had a mainstream party political candidate in favour it and received vast amounts of cheers. Your example is of radical feminists which if you were to believe the amount of times they are mentioned online must be EVERYWHERE, but I've never met one.
Cephalus
Rep:
?
If you aren't trolling dont be surprised to find out someone filmed your encounter and uploaded it on world star hiphop.
Oh I would love to be on world star hiphop. Unfortunately, the train was pretty empty when I got off, it was quote far out.

And the few in the carriage suffered from the common commuter syndrome - 'If there i even a hint of commotion, act like the Metro is the most fascinating thing in the world'

Then she was trolling, in real life. Especially regarding her idiotic point about rockets being penis shaped.
The argument comes up all the time.

In this atheism thread for example: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=928 its mentioned.

Also the one where men fight in wars because they cant have babies
Slothsftws
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

This woman sounds like a freak going on about rockets shaped like a penis! Haha. However, there is nothing wrong with women wanting equality.

So you don't want rights equal to men? :rolleyes:
Jelkin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a feminist and she sounds like an idiot. I have never met anyone like that.
Cephalus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slothsftws)
Made up story. Strangers never talk on the tube, they don't even make eye contact. And even if they did it would be too loud in order to have a lengthy conversation from opposing seats. You made up a story and character to attack, we see this all the time.

Not at all, I see strangers occasionally talking. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Don't apply folklore to my thing.

Have you ever been on the tube? The opposing sides are separated by about a metre. Not a football pitch
Aries1992
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Slothsftws)
So you don't want rights equal to men? :rolleyes:
Personally no.

Cephalus
Rep:
?
Personally no.

Why not?
Slothsftws
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not at all, I see strangers occasionally talking. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Don't apply folklore to my thing.

Have you ever been on the tube? The opposing sides are separated by about a metre. Not a football pitch
The tube is famous for people never making eye contact. Yes, everyday and I can barely hear the person next to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads