Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nicolas Cage....Great actor Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say I get more entertainment from seeing his face photoshopped on to things rather than his films.

ReputationRep:
    Nicolas Cage in Con Air brilliant acting

ReputationRep:
    i dont think his a very talented actor...only suits specific roles but thats it

An appreciation thread for Nicholas Cage and nobody mentions Adaptation? :lolwut:

Anyway, I think he's a good actor who made (or was forced to make?) a lot of bad film choices. His acting seems to be flattening out to match the rubbish he's been in for the past several years, but some of his earlier stuff is excellent. :yep: I would tend to think he's a good actor who's been in a lot of **** films rather than vice versa (to paraphrase Phalanges).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think he was better actor in his 80s and 90s films. He's involved with mostly rubbish cookie-cutter action films nowadays. I saw him in Birdy (1984) recently, which was one of his earliest roles and he was quite convincing in that as a close friend trying to urgently elicit a human response out of his mentally shattered war buddy after returning from the vietnam war.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't he in ghost rider as well?

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Isn't he in ghost rider as well?
    Unfortunately for the case in his favour, yes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Unfortunately for the case in his favour, yes. :p:
    :ahee: I didn't like the film...

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people are obsessed with Nicolas Cage. People on the internet talk about him so much.

He's just another decent actor, nothing more nothing less.

ReputationRep:
    I think he's brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    He's not so much of a bad actor, as he is just an actor with an incredibly boring and monotone voice. Although he has a very unappealing voice, he manages to play most characters that are suited for him. Yeah, I still can't decide.

ReputationRep:
    I love him... but he does only play one character well: a guy falling apart on the inside and just about managing to keep it together as he begins to come apart at the seams.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I'm scared posting this in a thread of people who love him, but I'm not a fan of his. His acting is good, sure, but I don't follow him. I mean, I'll never actively avoid a film he's in, and I have really enjoyed some films he's in, but he just doesn't appeal to me that much. Also, I don't hate his acting in any way, shape or form. My film hatred is solely for Adam Sandler.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else just underacts.

Nah I'm joking. He does a lot of bad films but I think he sees acting as a job rather than a privilege, so he does whatever films will earn him money - and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

He overacts in a lot of films to such a hysterical extent that I think he must deliberately do it. Because that's punctuated with fantastic roles like in Kick-Ass.

(Original post by AvocatDuDiable)
    I watched Kick-Ass for the first time yesterday (decent film!) and didn't think much of Cage's performance.

As Big Daddy he always sounded like someone doing a bad Adam-West-style Batman impression.
    That was the point...

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/uncat...est-imitation/

ReputationRep:
    Oh, haha. Well that's brilliant then.

ReputationRep:
    if he had died i about 1998 i could maybe agree.

ReputationRep:
    Faceoff is a good film. Ghost Rider should have been an 18 rated film made by Tarantino, if you have ever read the comics you would know this..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.