Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, are you ok with men judging you on what you look like? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you ok with men judging your value based on your looks?
    Yes
    15.22%
    No
    32.61%
    I am a male and I judge a woman's value on her looks.
    30.43%
    I am a male and I do not judge a woman's value on her looks.
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    I hate gawking over the hot girl, makes me feel so pathetic stroking their ego like that. Indifference sends them right back to reality!. I like to smile at the normal looking girls, nothing wrong with giving them that extra confidence boost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    I find it annoying that it is so hypocritical sometimes. Like my other half wasn't too impressed that I was dyeing my hair today... but then likes my hair red (red-red, not naturally red). And every girl guys likes in movies is wearing makeup and has been done up a lot. He doesn't like fake tan but gets annoyed at me not wearing a skirt during the summer. Then I get ****ged off for my white legs. And not wearing heels. Seriously, there is no winning sometimes. I can't see it ever changing though.
    It looks like you need a new boyfriend! lol

ReputationRep:
    Humans are visual creatures.

So it's no surprise that both men and women alike judge based on what you look like. Two situations arise however:

i). If you're an alpha and secure in yourself you don't give a **** how anyone cares what you look like, unless you're trying to attract the opposite sex

ii). If you're a beta you're very insecure, don't know what for.

ReputationRep:
    No matter how hard someone tries you will always take someones looks into account when you think about a person especially when you haven't known them for long.

And anyway you can tell a lot about a persons personaliuty from their looks (clothes- they might try to stand out, whether they work out or not, whether they care about being overweight or not)

I bet half the girls who said they do mind will still say they believe in love at first sight :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    It's to be expected. Everyone does it.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf a lot of guys judge me on how I look, and I guess I judge guys on how they look too. Personality should play a part in it, but I don't think you'd be bothered about the personality of someone you don't find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I find it very offensive, since I make a pronounced effort not to judge other people based on their looks, and it does seem to happen a lot more for women than it does for men. :/

ReputationRep:
    Girls who do have a problem with being judged on their looks really need to get over it. Everyone, especially women, are, always have been and always will be judged on their looks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not OK with anyone judging me on what I look like, but I appreciate it happens so I take it with a pinch of salt. If people can't be bothered to get to know me before forming an opinion, I want nothing to do with them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but for everyone who says that they don't judge somebody on their looks is talking bull****.

Don't, for a second, tell me that upon seeing these two women, that you have not already judged them on their looks.

When asked, which women is the most career driven, wealthiest, ambitious, smartest or even which woman has the better looking other half, you've all, already, picked the second woman.

It's impossible not to pre-judge people based on their looks. Anybody who says else, is talking bull****.

ReputationRep:
    I expect people to judge me for my appearance to some level but to be solely valued on my appearance is offensive. Though to be fair, I'm too awesome to care about people like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because physical attraction matters to some degree

ReputationRep:
    As a guy, I do not on first inspection judge a woman by her looks. For relationship purposes, I probably do a bit but humour and intelligence are probably just as important or more.

I think women, and perhaps men, today have been brainwashed by the cult of celebrity: with everyone having to have a gorgeous tan or wonderful nose to be considered attractive. I think the time teens spend reading glossy magsis unhealthy. I also think going out to find a partner by clubbing is a bit shallow. It's perfectly acceptable behaviour if you want a quick shag but if you're looking for something more then it's stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    I'm sorry but for everyone who says that they don't judge somebody on their looks is talking bull****.

Don't, for a second, tell me that upon seeing these two women, that you have not already judged them on their looks.

When asked, which women is the most career driven, wealthiest, ambitious, smartest or even which woman has the better looking other half, you've all, already, picked the second woman.

It's impossible not to pre-judge people based on their looks. Anybody who says else, is talking bull****.
    That's completely different. That is apparel which serves to differentiate the two women, not physical attractiveness. Obviously a women dressed in a business suit is going to look more ambitious. Thats like asking a group of people which woman looks more like a ballerina- the one dressed as a ballerina or the one dressed as a cop.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to be judged by who I am. Not what I look like. Without doubt it's the former that will last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutooth)
    As a guy, I do not on first inspection judge a woman by her looks. For relationship purposes, I probably do a bit but humour and intelligence are probably just as important or more.

I think women, and perhaps men, today have been brainwashed by the cult of celebrity: with everyone having to have a gorgeous tan or wonderful nose to be considered attractive. I think the time teens spend reading glossy magsis unhealthy. I also think going out to find a partner by clubbing is a bit shallow. It's perfectly acceptable behaviour if you want a quick shag but if you're looking for something more then it's stupid.
    I couldn't agree with you less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kousar)
    I couldn't agree with you less
    I don't think it's bad, just a bit shallow. Maybe a bit of harmless fun, but it certainly reorients your values to things that are inherently shallow, i.e. looks rather than personality. I've never really enjoyed bringing home girls and shagging them from clubs (It's kinda fun as a contest with mates) because there's no emotional connection. I've much better enjoyed the girls fi've been in relationships with. Also, arguing rationally from the perspective of a man who values looks highly , it's easier for girls to pull guys in clubs than the other way around, so as a man you can expect to get with more attractive women if you're in a relationship with them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.