Turn on thread page Beta

What program(s) are you currently working on? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    I'm writing a super fast PHP forum (yes, another one) but it's going to have a load of features by default, while remaining simple (code wise) so other people can use it as a base to improve upon

Just need to finish the ACP now, and will then create an AJAX version with a shoutbox, etc..

Still can't figure out how the hell to implement a plugin system though

I feel stupid now
    To be fair, I'd only spent 15 weeks learning Java to get up to that stage. Compared to some of the people in my class who have done freelance work and earned hundreds/thousands over the years what I was doing was trivial.

ReputationRep:
    A fast and comprehensive website designing tool (it will all be deprecated by the time it's finished, it's mainly just a way for me to get myself to learn HTML and CSS in a way that i'll actually enjoy), a string crypter and decrypter, and a calculator that just does fast cumulative matrix operations. I should just use Matlab for the latter but it costs a ton and has lots of features that I don't need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    Still can't figure out how the hell to implement a plugin system though
    I guess you'll write all of your classes in an "API"-style, so that other people can just hook straight into your API by including certain files (eg: include('post.lib.php') createPost("Text","Author"...) )

Then store all of the plugins in a certain directory, and loop through the files in the directory, including/executing them all in some way.

ReputationRep:
    This: http://www.metaswitch.com/products/c...are/metasphere primarily in C.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.