Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ill be 24 when i start in september, it shouldn't bother you at all, age is just a number its the attitude that makes the difference, i can party harder than 19 year olds but ill also get up with a hangover and do my work, experience is the way i look at it and its a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesspenge)
    I'll be 22 by the time of starting, assuming I get in! I would also be studying at brackenhurst but living in the city! I was going to choose gill street or the new accommodation but I have now chosen to go private at Victoria hall as you can get a double room there for £103 a week compared to gill street £125/130! I would ring and ask them if you are able to get out of your contract if you are having doubts, you would defo be saving a lot going private! Goldsmith court also looks really nice! what are you hoping to study? Hope this helps a bit!
    Which are your options ?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Msc in Management and International Business and I'm 21 yet. I am looking for accommodation and confused between IQ and Victoria
    Any help ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesspenge)
    yeah you might lose your deposit but you will save soo much money over the space of the year so is probably worth it! I thought IQ looked good too, but think I have decided on Victoria now, I keep changing my mind but Victoria have doubles rooms which would be so nice! haha! i'm hoping to be doing the veterinary nursing degree, brackenhurst is so lovely, but I just felt living in the city would be more fun!!
    I have applied for Msc in Management and International Business and I'm 21 yet. I am looking for accommodation and confused between IQ and Victoria
    Any help ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and will be at NTU this September for MA International Development I have also booked my accommodation at College Drive - Clifton Campus. I am not at all bothered by age but really worried and nervous as I am kind of shy and never lived away from home

ReputationRep:
    I'm 32 hopefully starting NTU in sept doing psychology with criminology.... Nervous as hell but I'm sure ill enjoy it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phuonglinh)
    I'm 23 and will be at NTU this September for MA International Development I have also booked my accommodation at College Drive - Clifton Campus. I am not at all bothered by age but really worried and nervous as I am kind of shy and never lived away from home
    which house you going to be in??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danilou22)
    which house you going to be in??
    Not sure yet, I haven't heard from NTU about where exactly I will stay but I'm sure it'll come sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    Not sure yet, I haven't heard from NTU about where exactly I will stay but I'm sure it'll come sooner or later
    oryt I found out as soon as I paid the £200 booking fee through the website, I got to pick the house and room I wanted, I got an unconditional offer so I don't know if that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    oryt I found out as soon as I paid the £200 booking fee through the website, I got to pick the house and room I wanted, I got an unconditional offer so I don't know if that makes a difference.
    I just got a conditional offer. I will live in College drive house 8 (others just ran out of slots/ only budget shared rooms left). This house seems to be a little "isolated" on the map i think.

Which house are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else at 21 Waverley Street in September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billinghaylad1976)
    I've settled on 21 Waverley Street for next year. It's exclusively for mature students, all inclusive and 5 minutes walk from the city campus. Anyone else booked for there?
    hi~you had settled there?how about this place? i am a mature student ,so i want to book this place. but i just need more informations. about the facilities and neighborhood. can you share things with me ? thanks~

ReputationRep:
    I just got a conditional offer. I will live in College drive house 8 (others just ran out of slots/ only budget shared rooms left). This house seems to be a little "isolated" on the map i think.

Which house are you in?
    sorry for the late reply, hadnt seen you comment....
    i am in house 2 there is a group on facebook for all the people staying at college drive, https://www.facebook.com/groups/4206...rs/?order=date
    look forward to seeing you there

ReputationRep:
    Hi, randomly decided to check TSR for anyone at college drive and lo and behold, actually found some this year!

I'm 30 and will be in College Drive for the 3rd time soon (retaking level 2), so if you have any questions about the houses I can answer probably anything you may need to know

And dont worry about feeling old, the past 2 years at college drive the average age has been around early to mid twenties, with a couple of proper oldies like myself. Even a few 40~ish at one point I recall.

The past 2 years I've took initiative to arrange a meet&greet(&drink) within the first week or so for all us new neighbours and imagine i'll be doing the same, see you in a month or so!

~Steve

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for such help, Steve.
    I have looked at the photos of the standard room on NTU page and it turns out to be REALLY small @[email protected] I wonder if that would be comfortable enough because girls have ton of things )
    And also, how about the security around the campus and drive houses?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for such help, Steve.
    I have looked at the photos of the standard room on NTU page and it turns out to be REALLY small @[email protected] I wonder if that would be comfortable enough because girls have ton of things )
    And also, how about the security around the campus and drive houses?
    in regards to the room size, i'm honestly not sure about house 8 (i think you mentioned earlier in the thread thats the one you've got?).

Houses 7 and 8 are slightly different to houses 1-6, 1-6 share a standard layout and 7 & 8 are unique. I think house 8 is a 3 bedroom, and they're reasonably sized compared to the standard rooms in the other houses (1-6 have 2 small and 3 large each). On the plus side though, house 8 has a MASSIVE garden, which can host amazing BBQ's *hint hint!*

Security on the campus is excellent, and this extends to College Drive area too, whenever there have been incidents of trouble the security guards from campus are there 24 hours a day, can be there in minutes and its very safe. They also patrol from time to time to check all is well, driving round in the night and stuff (quietly though)

The security desk in the main campus building is also the place to call if you forget your keys, get locked out, or have any maintenance issues at all and these all get resolved fairly quickly, with 24 hour callout for heating or plumbing issues etc.

All in all College Drive is an excellent choice, its peaceful quiet 99% of the time, well catered for, comfortable to live in and just a short walk to lectures (although despite that last fact, i still have trouble making all of mine on time, maybe thats just me though :P )

ReputationRep:
    Hello all.

I turned 38 at the end of last month, and will be studying for a masters in chemistry at NTU (starting 23rd of September). I will being staying at number 7 college drive. What's the parking like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disposablesteve)
    in regards to the room size, i'm honestly not sure about house 8 (i think you mentioned earlier in the thread thats the one you've got?).

Houses 7 and 8 are slightly different to houses 1-6, 1-6 share a standard layout and 7 & 8 are unique. I think house 8 is a 3 bedroom, and they're reasonably sized compared to the standard rooms in the other houses (1-6 have 2 small and 3 large each). On the plus side though, house 8 has a MASSIVE garden, which can host amazing BBQ's *hint hint!*

Security on the campus is excellent, and this extends to College Drive area too, whenever there have been incidents of trouble the security guards from campus are there 24 hours a day, can be there in minutes and its very safe. They also patrol from time to time to check all is well, driving round in the night and stuff (quietly though)

The security desk in the main campus building is also the place to call if you forget your keys, get locked out, or have any maintenance issues at all and these all get resolved fairly quickly, with 24 hour callout for heating or plumbing issues etc.

All in all College Drive is an excellent choice, its peaceful quiet 99% of the time, well catered for, comfortable to live in and just a short walk to lectures (although despite that last fact, i still have trouble making all of mine on time, maybe thats just me though :P )
    I love quiet and open space. And the garden and BBQ sound lovely! In my culture, BBQ is not a common thing, can't wait for such experience!

ReputationRep:
    well I dont know how to write this but here goes...

I will be 23 when I start at NTU in September and im a bit worried every one will be younger then me, So I've booked college drive for my accommodation. hoping to meet other mature students before I more down, or even students that are all ready studying at NTU.
    I'm studying childhood studies at Clifton :-) looking forward to the uni life.

Cheers for reading, hope to hear off some of you soon
    I will be 24 when starting in September. I'm studying Early Years and Education Studies at Clifton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mels88)
    I will be 24 when starting in September. I'm studying Early Years and Education Studies at Clifton.
    where are you staying? x

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.