Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strange thing someone of opposite sex has told you on a night out? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Other ones I'll throw in here;

My housemate has used the "My tits are bigger than yours" line on girls (he is a wee bit chubby) and last week he got a bj of her.

Another girl said to me that when she settles down she wants to be like her parents, when you ask why she explained she wants to marry in the family because her parents were cousins.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgany)
    I am still yet to see a non-Irish person use the term shift :P
    We still debate on what exactly it means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    We still debate on what exactly it means
    I live in Ireland currently, and my understanding is that it means "snog" or such :P Different meaning for you?

ReputationRep:
    a guy ran all the way across a busy main road to tell me i had 'the nicest a**e he'd ever seen' then casually walked back to his group of friends... :|

ReputationRep:
    I got talking to a squaddie who told me when he was being deployed and where to, and followed it with "but it's top secret".

I guess it's nice he trusted me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgany)
    I live in Ireland currently, and my understanding is that it means "snog" or such :P Different meaning for you?
    I live in Belfast, and whilst I also agree with snog, 2 of my housemates think it's a little more than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I live in Belfast, and whilst I also agree with snog, 2 of my housemates think it's a little more than that
    I've noticed Dublin people declare to be more than a snog more often than other people :O The true division in Irish culture, the definition of "shift"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgany)
    I've noticed Dublin people declare to be more than a snog more often than other people :O The true division in Irish culture, the definition of "shift"
    That's the only real border!

One girl I hadn't even known 1 second on a night out once gave me her credit/debit card and her pin... I had zero idea what I was supposed to do with that, she wouldn't take it back either which stumped me to no end

ReputationRep:
    I guy in a club once pointed at my 5'5'' curly brown-haired boyfriend and asked me why I was 'going out with Frodo'.

ReputationRep:
    During our first meeting my better half told me I had nice teeth

Odd

I have always suspected that it started out as tits and fudged at the last minute but, nearly 30 years on he is still in denial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgany)
    Oh dear! I must've disappointed someone at the weekend then . 'Shift' is quite divisive to be fair. Up where I live in a wee county Antrim town it's, 'meet'.

ReputationRep:
    Strange thing someone of opposite sex has told you on a night out?

"If you kidnap someone with multiple personality disorder, is it considered a hostage situation?"

Answer: ... probably ...?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.