Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you deal with stress? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Music. Sleep. Run. Read. Tv.

But personally?
    If it all gets too much I cry, just let it all out and suddenly the world feels better. If it still doesn't feel better after I cry
    then I sleep, everything's better after a good night's sleep.

ReputationRep:
    DEEP BREATHING TECHNIQUES AND SOME YOGA YO

:thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    If its stress that maes me feel tired like I cba to do anything, I just lit roll into bed and say **** it cba to deal with it. Other things go to the gym take a break from the problem

ReputationRep:
    One word:

Food

ReputationRep:
    I just take a break and go to the gym or have a bubble bath... Then I go back to school work a bit calmer and usually make a list of what needs to be done and for when. I try not to leave work until the last minute which helps with stress.

Lists make everything clearer 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I run. Running somehow seems to solve all my problems,
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    One word:

Food
    I was told that chocolate is able to calm the nerves. Is it true that chocolate is a good possibility to reduce stress?

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrible at dealing with stress. I don't sleep, don't eat.
    It's interesting to read other people's responses though.

I make a lot of lists, cuz it makes me feel like I have a bit more control over my work.. Other than that I just listen to music and go for walks and stuff (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just don't feel that stressed tbh unless I am unprepared for an exam. I seem to brush it off

ReputationRep:
    I don't generally get stressed.

If I feel I need to "get away", I'll do a combination of a) go for a long walk, alone, b) go for a long drive, alone and c) chain smoke.

The last time I felt properly stressed was about half a hour before my last ever A-Level exam. I couldn't do the first two options so I paced around the car park whilst chain smoking and ranting to my form tutor instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz)
    I run. Running somehow seems to solve all my problems,
    I do this too. Exercise lowers cortisol and ups endorphines.

ReputationRep:
    haha.

Stress is for lesser mortals.

ReputationRep:
    I go for a walk or listen to music; sometimes both.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm wonder that there are hardly members who gave smoking as answer to deal with stress. Whenever my parents are stressed, they smoke some cigarettes what I dislike, as I'm a non-smoker :/.

ReputationRep:
    Think about all the things I have in life that are the opposite of what's made me stressed!
    Speak to good friends/boyfriend
    Get a nice bottle of wine, have a nice bath-exercise, things that make me feel good about myself.

ReputationRep:
    I never really realise I'm stressed until I'm really, really stressed, and I just break down. I usually cry for a bit, feel sorry for myself, then make a plan of what I need to do and how to fix whatever it is that stressed me out.

have a ****
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think tai chi and meditation are another appropriate possibilities to work off stress. If I consider there are so many possibilities to avoid stress, I'm surprise that there are people who are stressed permanently.

ReputationRep:
    punch bag and weights works every time.

ReputationRep:
    Cup of tea. If it's particularly stressful, will also have a biscuit or two.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.