Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Converse but vans are cool too i guess

ReputationRep:
    I only wear Converse but I do not see Vans as "yuck", they are pretty cool too. I just stick to what I normally get I guess which is Converse.

ReputationRep:
    I like both but I think I'm too small for normal vans, my feet look huuuuge

so maybe low converse and lo vans for girls and normal for guys (or taller girls aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Vans.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Converses, always.

ReputationRep:
    I have both and prefer converse my vans got holes in really quickly which is irritating :/

ReputationRep:
    Converse. I bought a pair of Vans last year, wore them to two festivals and the rubber sole started to tear away from the rest of the shoe, but I've got a pair of Converse I've had since I was 16 and they're still going strong.

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 pairs of Converse and 1 pair of Vans.
    Name:  Converse burgundy.png
Views: 263
Size:  36.9 KBName:  Converse high tops.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  3.9 KBName:  Converse studded.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  20.4 KBName:  vans red.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  4.7 KB

I've personally found both quite good. I would probably say that Vans are slightly more comfortable, probably because of the thick sole, but Converse last better. I have had my Vans for almost a year now, and they look a lot older than my studded converse, which I've had since summer 2011.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer vans from a comfort point of view, I find converse too narrow and the plastic toe always rubs. To be honest I haven't bought either in a long time, I have a pair of DC trainers and for more low profile shoes I have some Fred perry pumps that I love.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I've only owned a couple of converses, the leather one has lasted over 2 years.. And the others I wear normally during the summer (light oxfords think it was called). Never owned a pair of vans, don't think they look terrible either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    low converse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ive got a job in sainsburys and you can wear all black trainers....

should i get cans or converse?

(Original post by 3mmz)

Cans might be a bit noisy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parpirate)
    Cans might be a bit noisy
    hahaha huge typo!
    i meant vans

ReputationRep:
    I like both. I only have two pairs of shoes that I wear regularly, dark red classic Vans and sky blue hi-top Converse.

In terms of quality I'd say Converse, I've had mine for nearly three years and they're still perfectly wearable (although very scuffed).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)

I think all black vans look a lot smarter and would look best with black work trousers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.