Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    lol, everybody putting Arsenal in 5th midway through a Spurs collapse and with Arsenal having a much much easier run in from being basically one point behind.

Are people literally morons, or do they just literally forget the events of every preceding season? i love it, love it.
    Alot of your games are against relegation scrappers. Not as easy as you think. So maybe you perhaps are the moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Sunderland in 18th?? ......Oh wait, you're a Newcastle fan.
    I realize i havn't given them a single point haha.

I do think they are in real trouble though. Its them or Villa imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    Alot of your games are against relegation scrappers. Not as easy as you think. So maybe you perhaps are the moron.
    Yea, Spurs have to go to Stamford Bridge, Swansea, play City, Everton and also have games against relegation scrappers. Not to mention playing Europa league games every other week.

Even Spurs fans admit that their run in is significantly harder mate.

ReputationRep:

How can you put WBA below Swansea and Newc top half?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I'd say the biggest difference between the teams and probably what sways most people towards Spurs is that they have Bale. There's nobody at Arsenal like him that you think can turn a game when you need it most. He's a match winner and Arsenal lack them.

Yes. Tend to be good games between us at The Hawthorns.

(Original post by WBAFAN)
    Birmingham is only 5-10min train away from the ground. Plenty of bars on broad street.

If you want to stay local to ground then I recommend The Vine or Sportsman. Food and atmosphere is great. Both pubs are around 10min walk from ground.

Royal Oak is usually the away pub. And it's a ****ehole. It usually gets smashed up by stoke and villa fans when they come down.
    Will probably have a few around the stadium then. Dont mind ****hole pubs, all part of an away day!

Should be a good game anyway. WBA play some nice football as well although I reckon Lukaku could get a few against us.

ReputationRep:

I would prefer it if Wigan went down, I had tipped Soton at the start to go down and Reading to scrape through but seems like that's had the opposite effect. I think QPR are nothing but gone, sadly not even 'Arry could save them. A rich lucrative team with gallons of money but still fail to break through, but it's looks like that Reading will finish bottom of the league now considering their difficult fixture list. Plus, it's Wigan-Aston Villa on the final day of the season; that will just decide it, who finishes 17th and who falls into 18th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Sunderland in 18th?? ......Oh wait, you're a Newcastle fan.
    Their only saving grace is that there are teams like QPR and Reading. They are very bad this season and have been in freefall for months now. People are only just starting to consider them as relegation candidates and their run-in is awful.

I don't think they'll go down, but they are in big, big trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Their only saving grace is that there are teams like QPR and Reading. They are very bad this season and have been in freefall for months now. People are only just starting to consider them as relegation candidates and their run-in is awful.

I don't think they'll go down, but they are in big, big trouble.
    Yeah good point, I'm certain that QPR and Reading have lost the battle but Sunderland and Stoke and possibly even WestHam could fall into the downward spiral and end up fighting it out on the last day but it's most likely for Wigan or Villa to go but I can't actually imagine what the league would be like with Villa tbh. I think the final day of the season will be dramatic and exciting. We already know that the title race is over but the battle for relegation survival and the CL place's will be close and intense. Maybe even another late last-gasp finale! Only time will tell.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    lol, everybody putting Arsenal in 5th midway through a Spurs collapse and with Arsenal having a much much easier run in from being basically one point behind.

Are people literally morons, or do they just literally forget the events of every preceding season? i love it, love it.
    Every time Arsenal fans have been gloating about an ''easy run in'' it's not worked out as hoped (eg. 2010) or imploded in comical fashion (eg. 2011). Also Everton at home is hardly a given 3 points. I do think they'll finish 4th, though. Wouldn't rule them out of finishing above Chelsea either, given they have FSW and are still in two cup competitions (they play 6 games in 2 weeks).

ReputationRep:
    Yea, Spurs have to go to Stamford Bridge, Swansea, play City, Everton and also have games against relegation scrappers. Not to mention playing Europa league games every other week.

Even Spurs fans admit that their run in is significantly harder mate.
    Harder run in means nothing. Spurs can beat anyone on the day and are a much better team than Arsenal.

Arsenal 5th. End of. I'd place a bet that Spurs will be above Arsenal come end of season.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah why not. My brother, who im going with, goes every year so he probs has a decent idea of the area anyway but always good to hear from a local. Reckon boozing in the center of Birmingham before jumping on the train to WBA is most commong?

Utd
    City
    Chelsea
    Arse
    Spurs
    WBA
    Everton
    Liverpool

Reading
    ----
    Stoke
    Villa
    QPR

hopefully

I am a WBA fan. Do you want to know the best places for a drink?
    WBAFan knows what he's on about. If you decide to go to the Sportsman (right near WB town centre) order a mixed grill (enough meat for 2/3 people) it's simply amazing:coma: The currys are good too and the beers cheap, not far from the Hawthorns and most locals will be able to point it out to you. What time will kick off be? I wouldn't go Broad St if it's an early morning kick-off tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    WBAFan knows what he's on about. If you decide to go to the Sportsman (right near WB town centre) order a mixed grill (enough meat for 2/3 people) it's simply amazing:coma: The currys are good too and the beers cheap, not far from the Hawthorns and most locals will be able to point it out to you. What time will kick off be? I wouldn't go Broad St if it's an early morning kick-off tbh.
    hurrrr pinda saab- mixed grill. chicken tikka, kebabs - you getting me hungry.

ReputationRep:
    hurrrr pinda saab- mixed grill. chicken tikka, kebabs - you getting me hungry.
    Bro lol, how many accounts you got on here?

ReputationRep:
    Going to be optimistic and say:

Man Utd
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Everton

ReputationRep:

You a West Brom fan then? Might be heading up for the match next month...
    When I read this, my mind immediately sensed that you and WBAFan were going to "bumping" into each other next month and exchanging fists! Seems nothing sinister at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.