The Student Room Group

OMG HELP! I am so stressed

Scroll to see replies

I've been studying Media for five years, though I don't know if this helps.
For evaluations, I tend to just blab my way through them.
You have to write about your limitations, what you thought of the production process and how the practical production came together.

Limitations: Did anything restrict you from Filming/Producing or Editing?
Production process: Pre-Production - Storyboards, Shot Designs, Risk Assessments, Casting? Then the filming and Editing also.
Did your group work well as a team?

Hope that helps
Aw everyone stop being so patronising. GCSEs are a really tough time, I'm not saying the workload is as much but it's hard to balance 8/9/10 different subjects at once, and hard to have your first real taste of exam pressure.
I completely understand OP, I couldn't sleep and was very stressed out. I felt as though I didn't have enough time and was going to let everyone down. BUT YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT! :smile: you've got plenty of time, just get that coursework out of the way and take it one step at a time after that, little chunks. Write notes and make summary pages of what you need to know for each subject. Do loads of past papers. Remember, a bit at a time, you'll get there eventually! Good luck and PM me if you need someone to talk to. I understand.
I'm also stressed by GCSEs, however while the work gets harder at A-Level, it will all be in subjects that I like and enjoy, so I'm fairly confident that while I'll be stressed, that I will be motivated to work and do well.

Some GCSEs I'm taking are so tedious and boring, or I am really bad at them(Spanish!), but I have to do the work anyway and hope for the best. The fact that some universities ask for a modern language makes it more stressful as well.

It's not even the exams that are stressing me out, its the bloody coursework :/
At the time GCSE's are stressful and I only passed three out of seven - which meant doing a foundation diploma at college the next year to progress onto BTEC Level. But that extra year did me good, I gained a lot more experience with the Media industry.

Just relax and try your best, it's all you can do.
P.S Oreo cookies and Ben and Jerry's help with the revision!
Reply 24
Original post by Alex-Torres
Wait until you get to A-level. Then you'll know the true meaning of 'stress'.

Oh goodness, you kids don't know how good you've got it! Wait until you join the real word...then you'll know what stress is :wink:
Tbh, OP, what you need to do is go and get on with it. It's not going to go away, and the longer you spend wondering what to do the closer you will get to the end.
Original post by blenky
I can hardly sleep at night.

I hope to god that the A Levels are less stressful. What the hell am I going to do

if you think GCSE's are stressful. you have another thing coming with A-levels. Think 10 times the workload, then double it.
Reply 27
Original post by blenky
I am in year 11 and finish school in a couple of months, I wasn't really prepared for the work load that has confronted me. Media is a total fail I hate it, we were writing our practical production evaluation and after 150 words I hit a writers block. The same in Retail Business writers block. I just keep getting stressed and stuck on what to write!

I get depressed so much with the exams, coursework deadlines etc.

Please help

This may sound stupid but go on jogs or exercise it really does work and reduces stress, also just persevere you can do it i'm sure of it, hope this helped you:colondollar:
Am I the only one who feels more stressed after an exam? I always come out of exams feeling as though 'what if i haven't done good enough?'. It's making me feel a sense of depression and loss of confidence within myself which is satrting to eat away at me. The uncertainty is just too much to bear at the moment
What exam did you have. I just had edexcel a level biology.

Quick Reply

Latest