Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Been Scammed! See people differently and don't know what to do! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Oh sorry, I thought you meant they had already decided to pay and you were asking if you should pay it. I assume, being a money transfer company, that they have procedures in place and have something in their terms and conditions which explains what should happen in case of fraud or lost money. But I don't think you (or the company) will be required to pay the lost money as it's not directly your fault.
    Thanks for the reassurance.

I read the rules very carefully, and it clearly states that if the control number and details on paper matches what I have on screen AND the person is able to provide proof of I.D. THEN I am allowed to pay out money.

I don't think its my job to question someone's I.D. and so on. My job is to make sure that what is on paper matches whats on screen.

Personally, after a good investigation I feel that we are not at fault. The victims are at fault because how could they happen to lose their 'control number' just like that. Its like you losing your pin number.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.