The Student Room Group

Leeds College of Art 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I agree with you there! I think I'm going for The Plaza, which is like a 5/10 minute walk to the college. Went to view it yesterday and the rooms are lovely and look just like they do online! They're on offer at the minute too! The staff were really helpful which is always a good sign!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Hey :smile: I'm starting at Leeds College of Art in September to do Fashion also I've booked a room at liberty park is anyone else doing fashion or staying there?
Reply 22
I'm totally stuck between The Plaza and Liberty Park. I don't want to be so far away from the college and city centre but I want to be somewhere that's lively!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I think I'm going to go for the plaza. Liberty park seems nice but for me it's too far from the college compared to other accomodation and I have heard the plaza is in a perfect location in terms of shopping, night life and also near to the college!
Reply 24
You'll have to let me know which flat you book!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Has anyone booked their accommodation yet?! I'm still stuck between Liberty Park and The Plaza :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
ive just booked at liberty park, its really nice and the walk isnt actually that far, its surrounded by other lively accommodation and has ensuite! :smile:
Reply 27
I'm sure it's fine in summer but I'm not so sure in winter or when I've got to take work home/back to college :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kirstxx
Hey :smile: I'm starting at Leeds College of Art in September to do Fashion also I've booked a room at liberty park is anyone else doing fashion or staying there?

I'm also doing fashion at leeds college of art and booked a place at the plaza x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Which flat are you in at the plaza? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Abbietreadwell
I'm also doing fashion at leeds college of art and booked a place at the plaza x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's good then :smile: which strand are you doing? I'm on design and realisation. I just booked at liberty park cause it was the nicer one out of the 2 the college had to offer also didn't want to end up with people that aren't at the college haha x
Original post by Kirstxx
Ah that's good then :smile: which strand are you doing? I'm on design and realisation. I just booked at liberty park cause it was the nicer one out of the 2 the college had to offer also didn't want to end up with people that aren't at the college haha x

I'm doing the other strand, concepts and communication :smile: I looked at liberty park and spoke to someone who is already at the college and they said it was quite a walk and they stayed at the plaza and loved it so I just went with that one! haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Ah okay :smile: I'm hoping there's a bus! Someone said there was haha wish id done more research before i put my deposit down now and I've had a nosey at the plaza it looks really nice! I'm jel! Ha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kirstxx
Ah okay :smile: I'm hoping there's a bus! Someone said there was haha wish id done more research before i put my deposit down now and I've had a nosey at the plaza it looks really nice! I'm jel! Ha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw yeah there probs is bus! I didn't really do a lot of research just got told liberty park is quite a walk from the college, you could probably withdraw your booking and change it you get your deposit back I think! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I didn't even know it was a long walk away until after I booked :frown: haha and I was reading the tenancy agreement the other day and if I want to withdraw my booking I only get half of my deposit back so don't fancy chucking money away :\ ah well it will be fine i'll not be the only one! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kirstxx
I didn't even know it was a long walk away until after I booked :frown: haha and I was reading the tenancy agreement the other day and if I want to withdraw my booking I only get half of my deposit back so don't fancy chucking money away :\ ah well it will be fine i'll not be the only one! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right I thought you would be able to get your deposit back :/ yeah I'm sure it won't be too bad! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I firmed my choice for fashion concepts and communication at Leeds college of art and booked accommodation at broadcasting towers. my friends who already live in leeds say its one of the nicest places to live just incase you were stuck on accommodation choices :smile: is any body else doing fashion?
Original post by bethblears94
Hi, I firmed my choice for fashion concepts and communication at Leeds college of art and booked accommodation at broadcasting towers. my friends who already live in leeds say its one of the nicest places to live just incase you were stuck on accommodation choices :smile: is any body else doing fashion?

I'm on that strand too, I also went to look at broadcasting tower and thought it was really nice but too quiet as it is mostly international students live there, and I wanted something with a bit more of a social side so I booked the plaza x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by becky2994
Hi :smile:

I'm starting Leeds CoA in September (Surface pattern) and was wondering who else is going? And which accommodation you're all staying in, as Im hoping to book mine in the next week or so!

I'm going to leeds CoA to do graphics and am looking at Opal 3, its not far to walk and close to the centre, plus the rooms look nice and reviews are good!
Reply 39
Original post by bethblears94

I'm doing fashion but the design and realisation strand I've booked a room at liberty park :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending