Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiska)
    Thank you! But, already got one

So no extra equipment then yeah? Like those pull up bars and stuff, it's not necessary?
    nope no equipment its all bodyweight exercises just you do need alot of space round you as sometimes you need to be stepping to the right and then to the left. have a towel to remove sweat from your face and water ready and your all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiska)
    Thank you! But, already got one

So no extra equipment then yeah? Like those pull up bars and stuff, it's not necessary?
    No its all using your body. So no equipment needed just space and a TV to watch it on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    No its all using your body. So no equipment needed just space and a TV to watch it on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fantastic! I shall be getting started soon then!

ReputationRep:
    HELLO

Im 16, and on the 5th of June, the day after my last exam, I plan on starting the 63 day routine. Am I too young? Im shorter than I would like to be, quite chubby 66kg. Will I be able to do it? I did a week or so of it last year, but couldnt keep it up for the 2months. Was too lazy, this time I want to do all of it. No idea why i wrote this btw. gna do it even if it was bad for me so young. Had enough of being out of breath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalilsp)
    HELLO

Im 16, and on the 5th of June, the day after my last exam, I plan on starting the 63 day routine. Am I too young? Im shorter than I would like to be, quite chubby 66kg. Will I be able to do it? I did a week or so of it last year, but couldnt keep it up for the 2months. Was too lazy, this time I want to do all of it. No idea why i wrote this btw. gna do it even if it was bad for me so young. Had enough of being out of breath
    Nah 16 is fine, enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wooooooo Cant Wait till exams are over. I am going to be so FRIGGIN SMEXY ON RESULTS DAY

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't look very good for you!!! Like if I wanted to wreck my body in ten days this would be how is go about doing it.

Also as for the so called results, they get someone really toned for years of training and then photo him after lunch when he's all bloated and sticks his stomach out, then they oil him all up and take another photo for the after picture. Its a classic technique, Google it. Its a total con. You can't build up years worth of muscle in that short a time. There is no quick fix to build muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coastbeats)
    Jesus ******* christ, I'm on the second day and I can't do it anymore. It's too hard. I've been lifting for about a year now and sprinting, but I seem to almost throw up after an insanity workout.

Is it worth carrying on?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    A more fun way of losing fat is to get a dog and take it for a walk 4 times a day in all weathers. I lost 2 stone in weight with my old doggie.

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait for a level to b over. I so want to start insanity again. Feeling fat. and btw, once u do insanity, u generally get stronger. For me, any other video workout is like cardio for me now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    It doesn't look very good for you!!! Like if I wanted to wreck my body in ten days this would be how is go about doing it.

Also as for the so called results, they get someone really toned for years of training and then photo him after lunch when he's all bloated and sticks his stomach out, then they oil him all up and take another photo for the after picture. Its a classic technique, Google it. Its a total con. You can't build up years worth of muscle in that short a time. There is no quick fix to build muscle.
    Lmao, yeah right

Ive gotten amazing results from both Insanity and P90X, so have all of my friends. My brother finished body beast and gained 15lbs of lean muscle and it only lasts for 90 days. None of the before and after pictures are fake and that goes for all beachbody products

I have an account on the beachbody forum and have spoken to lots of different people there, we have shared and compared pictures

Forget about the before and after pictures you see in the adverts, go on the beachbody forum and look at people's before and after insanity pics there. Those people are normal people who have finished it

Beachbody products especially extreme workouts like Insanity & P90X work because they're so hard and you wont plateau

Insanity isn't about building big muscles (body beast is) because you aren't using any equipment. Don't knock it until you try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahWorksout)
    Lmao, yeah right

Ive gotten amazing results from both Insanity and P90X, so have all of my friends. My brother finished body beast and gained 15lbs of lean muscle and it only lasts for 90 days. None of the before and after pictures are fake and that goes for all beachbody products

I have an account on the beachbody forum and have spoken to lots of different people there, we have shared and compared pictures

Forget about the before and after pictures you see in the adverts, go on the beachbody forum and look at people's before and after insanity pics there. Those people are normal people who have finished it

Beachbody products especially extreme workouts like Insanity & P90X work because they're so hard and you wont plateau

Insanity isn't about building big muscles (body beast is) because you aren't using any equipment. Don't knock it until you try it
    Cool story bro. And what commission are beach body paying you to spam student forums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coastbeats)
    Jesus ******* christ, I'm on the second day and I can't do it anymore. It's too hard. I've been lifting for about a year now and sprinting, but I seem to almost throw up after an insanity workout.

Is it worth carrying on?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Do it, don't be a pussy.If it ain't hard it ain't worth doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    The marketing works wonders on the lay person.

Cardio conditioning? Pfft. Who can't write a bodyweight cardio routine? For cardio I'd rather hit those kettlebells and work on more complex and heavy bodyweight exercises than endless repetitions of easier exercises.

Anyway, I actually like both of these routines as they get people off their ass. Yes you can get better results following a weights routine with some cardio, but most people need it laid out for them in a structured manner and aren't willing to research more in depth. They're better than the average bs you get from some of these personal trainers.

Oh please. Don't blame the gym for your shortcomings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've seen you makes loads of comments about kettlebells now. Care to provide me with a sample of a decent kettlebell cardio workout.

ReputationRep:
    Stiff upper lip old fruit.
    Keep at it. Racing Bike and Triathlon Bike Hire www.d2ride.co.uk
    Racing Bike and Triathlon Bike Hire Staffordwww.d2ride.co.uk
    Racing Bike and Triathlon Bike Hire www.d2ride.co.uk
    Racing Bike and Triathlon Bike Hire Telfordwww.d2ride.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, yeah right

Hey, I was wanting a bit more info on them. I'm a total beginner - where do you think I should start? How long are the videos etc?

ReputationRep:
    Will insanity cause muscle loss? I weigh around 67kg atm and am at 15% bf I wanna get down to around 10 without losing any muscle any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd create an account to give my experiences with Insanity and what I've witnessed.

Firstly, I'd recommend this to anyone looking to lose fat, to improve their cardio and get 'ripped'. It isn't easy, it isn't some kind of marketing con, it does work, the only requirement being hard work. It's high rep/set workouts but the nature of the exercises mean you are using explosive movements and muscle groups which are otherwise isolated in the gym when lifting. As an example, look at the physique of a sprinter, gymnast, crossfit athletes and most boxers/fighters.

There are plenty of other workouts like Insanity such as P90X, Rushfit (By Georges St-Pierre, Champion UFC Mixed Martial Artist) to name a few. It's true, there are also kettlebell exercises, and also similar videos to insanity for those who have never picked up a kettlebell in their life. Having done both Insanity and Kettlebell training with a friend who does MMA, I'd recommend both.

As an example, I've known people to lose anything from 20kg over a 3/4 month period, everyone looking to lose weight did so - completing the workouts, resting well and in some cases altering their diet. People who weren't that fit, over a few weeks, started noticing abs, then had sprouted biceps. For that audience, for people who aren't hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, this is perfect. For do hit the gym 3-4 times a week, but maybe want to hit a new plateau in their cardio conditioning, this is also perfect.

If you are worried about losing muscle I'd suggest increasing your protein intake, taking BCAA's and substituting or supplementing Insanity with weight training, although you will probably find you wont need to - with the correct diet.

I regularly go to the gym and do weight training myself, but I find Insanity, P90X and Rushfit to be the best form of cardio training I've ever done. Forget doing 5-mile runs, you will get much better cardio condition doing this, unless of course you a training for something specific!

As a bit of advice to those who are struggling... pace yourself, work on form rather than reps and COMPLETE THE WORKOUTS.

If you somehow find the workouts too easy, there is so much scope for making the workouts harder, it doesn't take a genius...

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Hey, I was wanting a bit more info on them. I'm a total beginner - where do you think I should start? How long are the videos etc?
    More info about which one?
    These are the workouts program's beachbody have
    http://www.beachbody.com/category/fi...est_sellers.do
    both insanity and P90X are rated highly and P90X has over 3700 reviews on the site. It's all about what your trying to achieve and what you want your body to look like.

Insanity, how long each workout lasts

Fit Test: 26 Mins

Plyometric Cardio Circuit: 42 Mins
    Cardio Power & Resistance: 40 Mins
    Pure Cardio: 39 Mins
    Cardio Abs: 17 Mins
    Cardio Recovery: 33 Mins

Core Cardio & Balance: 38 Mins

Max Interval Circuit: 60 Mins
    Max Interval Plyo: 56 Mins
    Max Cardio Conditioning: 48 Mins

Max Interval Sports Training: 55 Mins
    Insane Abs: 34 Mins
    Upper Body Weight Training: 48 Mins

Fast & Furious: 23 Mins

P90X,

Chest & Back: 52 Mins
    Plyometrics: 58 Mins
    Shoulders & Arms: 60 Mins
    Yoga X: 92 Mins
    Legs & Back: 60 Mins
    kenpo X: 55 Mins

X Stretch: 57 Mins
    Core Synergistics: 57 Mins
    Chest, Shoulders & Triceps: 55 Mins
    Back & Biceps: 51 Mins
    Ap ripper X: 16 Mins
    Cardio X: 43 Mins

You do them in this order, there are 3 phases, each phase lasts a month.
    • Phase 1, the "Fat Shredder," is a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates and fat.
    • Phase 2, "Energy Booster," calls for a more balanced mix of protein and carbohydrates, along with a small amount of fat.
    • Phase 3,"“Endurance Maximizer," has higher levels of complex carbs, a moderate amount of protein, and a small amount of fat.

You will get a great diet guide on what to eat and when to eat it, you get a bonus book which shows you how to cook healthy food that's easy to make

Week 1-3, and weeks 9-11

• Day 1: Chest & Back and 16-minute Ab Ripper DVD
    • Day 2: Plyometrics
    • Day 3: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper
    • Day 4: Yoga
    • Day 5: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper
    • Day 6: Kenpo
    • Day 7: Rest, or Stretching workout

Week 4, 8 & 13

• Day 1: Yoga
    • Day 2: Core Synergistics
    • Day 3: Kenpo
    • Day 4: Stretch
    • Day 5: Core Synergistics
    • Day 6: Yoga
    • Day 7: Rest or Stretching workout

Weeks 5-7, and weeks 10 and 12:
    • Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps; Ab Ripper
    • Day 3: Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper
    • Day 5: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper

ReputationRep:
    I started it and gave up after finishing the first month because I didn't really see results and also, I put 2kg on and it was abit hard.

ReputationRep:
    More info about which one?
    These are the workouts program's beachbody have
    http://www.beachbody.com/category/fi...est_sellers.do
    both insanity and P90X are rated highly and P90X has over 3700 reviews on the site. It's all about what your trying to achieve and what you want your body to look like.

Insanity, how long each workout lasts

Fit Test: 26 Mins

Plyometric Cardio Circuit: 42 Mins
    Cardio Power & Resistance: 40 Mins
    Pure Cardio: 39 Mins
    Cardio Abs: 17 Mins
    Cardio Recovery: 33 Mins

Core Cardio & Balance: 38 Mins

Max Interval Circuit: 60 Mins
    Max Interval Plyo: 56 Mins
    Max Cardio Conditioning: 48 Mins

Max Interval Sports Training: 55 Mins
    Insane Abs: 34 Mins
    Upper Body Weight Training: 48 Mins

Fast & Furious: 23 Mins

P90X,

Chest & Back: 52 Mins
    Plyometrics: 58 Mins
    Shoulders & Arms: 60 Mins
    Yoga X: 92 Mins
    Legs & Back: 60 Mins
    kenpo X: 55 Mins

X Stretch: 57 Mins
    Core Synergistics: 57 Mins
    Chest, Shoulders & Triceps: 55 Mins
    Back & Biceps: 51 Mins
    Ap ripper X: 16 Mins
    Cardio X: 43 Mins

You do them in this order, there are 3 phases, each phase lasts a month.
    • Phase 1, the "Fat Shredder," is a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates and fat.
    • Phase 2, "Energy Booster," calls for a more balanced mix of protein and carbohydrates, along with a small amount of fat.
    • Phase 3,"“Endurance Maximizer," has higher levels of complex carbs, a moderate amount of protein, and a small amount of fat.

You will get a great diet guide on what to eat and when to eat it, you get a bonus book which shows you how to cook healthy food that's easy to make

Week 1-3, and weeks 9-11

• Day 1: Chest & Back and 16-minute Ab Ripper DVD
    • Day 3: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper
    • Day 5: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper
    • Day 7: Rest, or Stretching workout

Week 4, 8 & 13

• Day 1: Yoga
    • Day 2: Core Synergistics
    • Day 3: Kenpo
    • Day 4: Stretch
    • Day 5: Core Synergistics
    • Day 6: Yoga

Weeks 5-7, and weeks 10 and 12:
    • Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps; Ab Ripper
    • Day 3: Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper
    • Day 5: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper
    Ah excellent! Just what I was looking for! Wow, YogaX is 90 minutes! Yikes! But other than that the times look manageable (that's my biggest worry - I am already short on time!)! I will give my knees some time to heal and then look into those! Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.