Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Argentine invasion against British 'terrorists' online game Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is incredibly petty in my opinion. Trying to portray the British as terrorists because the Kirchner has thrown her toys out the pram doesn't look clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    - We are in the midst of a new revival of the Falklands dispute.
    - The Argentinians see the British as colonists, whilst we see the islands as having always been ours.
    - An Argentinian company create a map for a game so that players can invade the Falklands, and remove unnamed 'terrorists'.
    - They show no British flags, supposedly 'in respect for the dead', most of whom were Argentinian conscripts.

How could this possibly be construed as innocent, unless the company directors have been living under a hedge for thirty years?
    It's just a pity these on line gamers haven't got the balls to try it for real....I guess they'd cry a lot and loose rather dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    But why specifically would people assume a company would be siding with the Argentinians? That's the part I don't understand. It would just be counter-terroists versus terrorists, same as always. ---

(That is, in the absence of terrorists skinned to look like British soldiers, which snagprophet just informed me of, though I haven't seen pictures of these.)
    Oh, ok, I get your point now. I didn't realise they were both spawned on the island - I though the idea was to invade the islands. My mistake

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.