£1billion; 5 Days - What Would YOU Do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I'd spend the first £20,000 buying Greece and Cyprus :ahee:

Buy a london penthouse

Buy a friggin' yacht

Move my penthouse and yacht to Cyprus.

...the rest would be spent on olives, philosophers, and pet gorillas

edit: I'd pay Stephanie Meyer lots of monies to stop writing books, and to take up knitting
    Hehehehe evil but genious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Penthouse in Mayfair and Knightsbridge

Ferrari 458

And this alligator skin jacket For £75000 😄😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Can we permaban all the unimaginative *******s who said "I'd buy lots of things and then sell them after the 5 days are up lol :dunce: "?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    You've just been given £1billion to spend as you wish; but you have 5 days (exactly 120 hours from now) to spend it.

Thereafter, any cash that's left over is instantly void.

What would you do?

P.S.

Bear in mind realistic and official procedures and processes (e.g. travel times; large sales etc).

Fire away!
    I would set up a fund to counter the massive billion-dollar misinformation campaigns run from the US which confuse people about the reality of climate change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I'd spend the first £20,000 buying Greece and Cyprus :ahee:

...the rest would be spent on olives, philosophers, and pet gorillas
    Great choices. Very good olives on Cyprus. It would be fun to have your own team of philosophers. Gorillas, not so much.

ReputationRep:
    Land, land and more land.

ReputationRep:
    Well I would firstly buy myself a proffesional camera ro capture all the memories. I'd buy an expensive laptop(macbook). I would give my parents half of it or buy them a mansion and furniture.and gold and jewlery and clothes. Then I'd set up an orphanage somewhere, and try to eradicate poverty, donate money to cancer research and the national autistic society, oh and buy a nice and comfortable home (not too fancy) and a swimming pool filled with unlimited fudge brownie milkshake and a jacuzzi. and on the 5th day I'd go to a poor country and I'd buy every delicacy you could ever imagine, from desserts to main courses and everything!! Then I'd get my family and friends and the whole country to have a massive feast! lool Im cray cray

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, given the amount of time it actually takes to get land transfers to go through, I think the best way to actually secure your money would be art - you could just turn up to an auction and buy it on the spot (assuming an auction's actually happening at the time). Other fancy stuff e.g. cars, boats or whatever I guess would be possible as long as you don't order any custom stuff on it cause that'd take more than five days to make up. Other than that, I'd probably just buy a load of those small things that you always want but can never quite justify spending money on at any given time, and then bank transfer the rest to charity on day 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Great choices. Very good olives on Cyprus. It would be fun to have your own team of philosophers. Gorillas, not so much.
    But I could feed the olives to the gorrillas, and teach them about things :sogood:

And we could all groom each other
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Premium Bonds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I would set up a fund to counter the massive billion-dollar misinformation campaigns run from the US which confuse people about the reality of climate change.
    Ooo, that's also pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaliack)
    Premium Bonds.
    How many are there? That would be all of them, right?

ReputationRep:
    Hum, the first instinct is to say mansion, but realistically doesn't it take weeks to sort out all the details?

Anyways, setting aside cheating "I'd buy £1billion worth of shares" type deals, I'd probably stock up the freezer :mmm: Screw that, buy another freezer and stock it up too. And a load of shampoo/ toothpaste etc. Save a bit of money long term. Then I'd get my dad his Aston, and why not get myself one while I'm at it. And I could pay for driving lessons for my sister in advance. Don't think my parents have any debts right now, but they've wanted to do up the living room, so why not that. Uh, do my Christmas shopping? Pay my flatmate my share of the rent until the lease runs out in advance? Then you've got your TV, games consoles, new laptop, new camera... loads of new, high spec stuff. Maybe some new guitars, go through my amazon wishlist, an epic clothes shopping trip. Maybe some of those annual subscription things- free cinema trips for the next year. Donations for my sports clubs to buy new equipment with Book a holiday or 2.

Just anything and everything I could think of :p: I probably wouldn't get much sleep those 5 days though, I constantly be out shopping or online, in case I ran out of time or forgot something... like an epic round of Supermarket Sweep =P

ReputationRep:
    Buy a massive mansion and try to pay off as much debt as i could in 5 days!

ReputationRep:
    I would buy france, if im serious though I would give 100mill to arsenal football so they can go out and buy 2 50million quid players and 200mill on cars and houses, 200mill to fellow family members and a few mates. The other 500mill in a hedgefund

ReputationRep:
    Fund the aggressive takeover of a mediocre (I'm being realistic here) country, preferably one with some oil or minerals or some ****.
    Then realise my dream of becoming the next Pablo Escobar.

ReputationRep:
    Being realistic : I'd spend half of it on my family! The other half I'd spend on books, and donate to charity and spend most of my time reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    You've just been given £1billion to spend as you wish; but you have 5 days (exactly 120 hours from now) to spend it.

Thereafter, any cash that's left over is instantly void.

What would you do?

P.S.

Bear in mind realistic and official procedures and processes (e.g. travel times; large sales etc).

Fire away!
    Red or Black

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Travel to the capital of every country possible and make the most of it.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a nice big house and take all my family into it, donate some money for some charities and to put the rest in the bank for a future use.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.