Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly9)
    Basically - I've had a complete change of heart from doing law to doing neuroscience. I have AS levels in biology and maths but I dropped them in favour of essay based subjects when I wanted to do law. I'm planning on taking a year out, self studying and finishing my biology and maths as levels and doing a whole chemistry a level OR resisting the year of sixth form to attend classes in A2 bio and maths at my sixth form to finish them off, while attending As/A2 classes for chem, to help me do it in one year

I would be predicted 3 As in chem bio and maths and I am hoping to finish this school year with A*A*A*A in English, history, French and economics respectively. Would Cambridge consider me if I resit the year? Or would they see me as a candidate who couldn't do sixth form in 2 years like everybody else.

Seriously regretting my choices right now please help..
    Erm.. Hello Molly, I know this out of topic but are you the same Molly from QE (Leicester)?

ReputationRep:
    Yes - worth it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    Doing it over three years won't hurt your Cambridge admission chances

They may will even see you as more committed to the course - you're willing to do that extra year in order to study their subject.
    Three people neg-repped this post of mine... if you think it was wrong, please do say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Type 052D)
    Erm.. Hello Molly, I know this out of topic but are you the same Molly from QE (Leicester)?
    No I'm not, sorry

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not, sorry
    Sorry for asking such an idiotc question. Im suffering an similar situation as you. Im doing Humanities subjects for A-Levels, but want to do the sciences now. What are your opinions on that ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Type 052D)
    Sorry for asking such an idiotc question. Im suffering an similar situation as you. Im doing Humanities subjects for A-Levels, but want to do the sciences now. What are your opinions on that ?
    Noo it's fine don't worry! Well I don't know much about your personal situation but are you able to do some science subjects in the one year? For example if you were to take biology and chemistry a levels all in one year like me? It depends how good you are at doing these subjects and what subjects are necessary for the course you want to do at university?

ReputationRep:
    Noo it's fine don't worry! Well I don't know much about your personal situation but are you able to do some science subjects in the one year? For example if you were to take biology and chemistry a levels all in one year like me? It depends how good you are at doing these subjects and what subjects are necessary for the course you want to do at university?
    I want to do Biochemistry at good universities like Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and maybe UCL (If I make it :P). I would not mind doing A levels again for an extra two years.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.