Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is your favourite British politician and why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhadamanthus)
    I rather like Gove, actually. It's a shame that today's image-concerned culture seems to disregard this man because he appears slightly "odd". One of the politicians I respect most is Priti Patel. Historically speaking, I admire Pitt the Younger and Disraeli.
    I don't think it's down to looks as to why people don't like him, it's more down to his outdated policies.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    It's embarrassing how many people like Boris just because he's "funny". Truly a testament to how easy it is to manipulate the British electorate...

ReputationRep:
    Aneurin Bevan, purely because he was the architect of the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Wants to reintroduce capital punishment in a 21st century democracy? ****ing mentalist.
    I'm not particularly bothered one way or the other about that, but aside from that she certainly gave Cameron and his brand of "Tory modernisation" a fright, which is a plus in my books.

ReputationRep:
    Margaret Thatcher 'cause screwing up the country was a right laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heythere247)
    I don't think it's down to looks as to why people don't like him, it's more down to his outdated policies.
    I'm aware that most people think old is bad, but this does not detract from the viability of his policies one iota.

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson - he makes me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhadamanthus)
    I'm aware that most people think old is bad, but this does not detract from the viability of his policies one iota.
    Lets be clear that I said outdated not old. An old policy can still be relevant, an outdated policy however would suggest otherwise.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Nigel Farage. Only politician now who seems to have principles and a backbone.
    He has nothing of the sort. He's a slime ball.

I quite like Vince Cable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstBarlow)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, the country was in great shape before she came to office.... :rolleyes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    Boris Johnson - he makes me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    BJ has the best personality, but is just about worthy to be called a politician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabzqt)
    It's embarrassing how many people like Boris just because he's "funny". Truly a testament to how easy it is to manipulate the British electorate...
    I might have a deviant, abnormal sense of humour as I have never found this man amusing, nor did I get his political appeal.

ReputationRep:
    Clegg's really rather good. I'm not saying Miliband as we have not seen enough of him yet.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown as he happens to share my race.

Glory to the Horde! :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daemonium)
    Nigel Farage. He is in the UKIP party and I fully support UKIP. He wants to buy us out of the EU and ban immigration for 5 years, who wouldn't want that?
    the EU is good, so much of our trade goes to the EU

ReputationRep:
    If British MEPs are taken into account then Sir Graham Watson MEP.

Vince Cable: Speaks sense.

Historically: The welsh wizard (DLG) and Nye Bevan who established the NHS,

ReputationRep:
    Not sure out of the current lot. Historically, Disraeli and Lloyd George. I think perhaps Clegg is given more stick than he deserves, but I'm not sure I would go so far as to call him my favourite.

ReputationRep:
    1. Tony Blair
    2. Alastair Darling
    3. David Miliband
    4. Vince Cable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstBarlow)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    1. Tony Blair
    2. Alastair Darling
    3. David Miliband
    4. Vince Cable
    Why Tony Blair?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.