Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayReg)
    The "bedroom tax" isn't even a tax but a removal of a "spare room subsidy". So a cut in benefits. Something which has already been done in the private sector by the labour party.

I wish people would stop calling it a "bedroom tax", it's very misleading to the general public.
    (Original post by Josh94)
    Technically its not a tax rather a withdrawal of benefits.
    But your point still stands, I don't think traditional conservatives want 0.7% GDP spent on foreign aid or the reduction of immigration below 100,000 taking so long.
    Oh you're ****ing kidding me? I thought we were actually going to get taxed on unused rooms lol. Well this explains why the Scottish parliament opposes it, all their electorate lives in social housing. Ahahahahahahah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    we still are
    Well no, we're not. Most of the cabinets, and loads of MPs, were educated at Oxbridge.

Our PM: Oxford
    Our deputy PM: Cambridge

Smart people, whatever you may say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    No Conservative voter or Lib Dem voter voted for the ****ing bedroom tax. Conservatives are meant to be for lower taxes, not more.
    The Conservatives look after the rich and the better off. That's how it's always been, they cater for the best, for the millionaires, for the Oxbridge educated. The people who need the most help are the ones who have it taken away first. No the people didn't vote for bedroom tax, but you can't say people expected the Tories to help everyone:confused:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.