Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm affraid to move on watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tcrumpen)
    i can't pull that off, i'm kinda shy and nervous around women (once i've broken the oce though i'm fine)
    You need to pretend then. They won't know whether you are or not. After pretending for so long - you will be eventually

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aries1992)
    You need to pretend then. They won't know whether you are or not. After pretending for so long - you will be eventually

see i have no idea where to begin with that, also i don't like being something i'm not (which is what i would be by faking swarveness)

ReputationRep:
    see i have no idea where to begin with that, also i don't like being something i'm not (which is what i would be by faking swarveness)
    Ok then. Well that's my best advice for meeting girls and dating. Women pick confidence over looks and personality! If a man is confident, he's interesting and exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then. Well that's my best advice for meeting girls and dating. Women pick confidence over looks and personality! If a man is confident, he's interesting and exciting.

See i've been trying to find something to boost my confidence, but i have yet to find anything that breaks the barriers i seem to have

ReputationRep:
    See i've been trying to find something to boost my confidence, but i have yet to find anything that breaks the barriers i seem to have
    There is counsellors that can help with low self esteem but you can look into it yourself in my opinion without going to see on.

Asking yourself why your not confident is the most important question. People aren't "naturally" shy. Our personality is shaped and developed by our upbringing.

Has anything specifically happened for you to not have developed confidence?

ReputationRep:
    There is counsellors that can help with low self esteem but you can look into it yourself in my opinion without going to see on.

Asking yourself why your not confident is the most important question. People aren't "naturally" shy. Our personality is shaped and developed by our upbringing.

Has anything specifically happened for you to not have developed confidence?

rejected by every person i've developed feelings for is the only thing i can think of

ReputationRep:
    You will move on one day, its hard and no one can control their feeling but they can learn to move on with those feelings.

ReputationRep:
    I read your first post and felt a little annoyed for you, if I'm honest. I get it that she is aware of how you feel and wanted to give you honest advice as a friend, but I think that her saying that you can't move on because you're hung up on her is a little... presumptuous? If I were her, even if I suspected that this were the case I don't think I'd say it. I think I'd just reassure you that that right girl will come along and encourage you to meet and make advances at women.

ReputationRep:
    rejected by every person i've developed feelings for is the only thing i can think of
    You will get rejected. Everyone does at some point so don't let that make you loose any confidence. Would you consider online dating - POFs a good sight to meet girls and get to know people.

ReputationRep:
    You will get rejected. Everyone does at some point so don't let that make you loose any confidence. Would you consider online dating - POFs a good sight to meet girls and get to know people.

already on POF and Zoosk and OkCupid, not had any luck with any of em

ReputationRep:
    already on POF and Zoosk and OkCupid, not had any luck with any of em
    What's your username on POF.

ReputationRep:
    What's your username on POF.

Just looked at your profile and your not bad looking

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at your profile and your not bad looking

Well thanks, if only i knew which person you were :P

But alas i still don't get much female attention

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.