Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When do you want to get married? watch

Announcements

(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)

They fall asleep holding hands so they won't float away from each other. Who wouldn't want an otter? :lol:

Aww!!:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    Not sure I want to get married. No offence to those who do, but what difference does a piece of paper make? Not being married is basically the same without all the hassle.

I want kids when I have a stable and solid career and feel I can support the child and provide him/her with all the opportunities I can.
    As a man it would be a very good idea for you to get married if you want to have children. An unmarried man is pulled apart in a court and rarely gets custody if something happens. Being unmarried with children would probably bring you a lot more hassle than being married, that piece of paper makes a big difference if things go downhill. It's incredibly unfair but it's how it works unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)

They fall asleep holding hands so they won't float away from each other. Who wouldn't want an otter? :lol:
    ! Aww, they look so adorable!

So it begins. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jharrington93)
    I'm 19 and male.
    well most women seem to want late twenties, which would likely put you in early thirties, since men tend to be older, doesn't mean that those men wouldn't happily get married at 25 or so, but obviously both have to agree so it goes with the later age, and that's just when people want to, not when they actually do

ReputationRep:
    never really thought or cared about it, still dont to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Cheesy but whenever I meet the right man and tbh I'm only 20 and I seriously can't see myself being married before I'm 25.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be married by about 24-25 and have kids soon after that before I'm 30 coz that's getting too old in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jharrington93)
    I always grew up with a plan of going to uni (made that) then I'd meet the women who'd become my wife then by the time I was 30 I wanted my first child. But...recently I saw an article on some news website saying "Average age of marriage is now 35. So since then I've felt like "Well...there's that plan out the window" Then I got a little curious...does anyone else have the crazy idea I had or does no one else want kids by 30?
    Question: Is this the average age for a FIRST marriage or a marriage in general. Given how many marriages end in divorce and subsequent remarriages, a lot of people who get married in their 40s and 50s for the second time could be bumping this up.

(Shoulda been a statistician. :cool:)

ReputationRep:
    Depends largely on when I'll meet a woman that I would really want to marry, and how can I predict exactly when that will happen?

ReputationRep:
    Within the next 5-6 years. I'm 25 now and could not imagine being married even though I've been with my gf for over 4 years. Why change what isn't broken?!

As for kids... Who knows? I'd rather enjoy being young and relatively free of responsibility for a bit younger. Coming out of uni and almost straight into marriage/kids seems a bit mental to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always said that I wanted kids before I was 30. I'm 22 and I still do! Family is more important to me than marriage though so I'm not that fussed if the wedding happens later when I'd probably have more money to spend on it.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend of 4 yrs recently got engaged but we hope that in Scotland, civil partnerships for straight couples come out as well as same sex marriage. There is a lot of talk of this actually happening. So if straight couple civil partnerships come out, we'd get one asap or I'd maybe wait til I was about 25, which isn't far away anyway.

But we have decided that if they don't get legalised, we will get married when we are like 50. We don't like the idea of marriage but we do want to have a legal commitment to each other which is why we really want the civil partnership.

ReputationRep:
    By 27/28 - if I don't find someone by then, arranged marriage time :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    Never :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mid 20's

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.