Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your biggest regret about your schooling? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    Allowing school to get in the way of my education.
    This.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    Not continuing on to Grade 6 piano in year 10 because I thought I'd have a massive workload.

The amount of free time I had in year 10 and the first half of year 11 was ridiculously large.

Also, I'm in my second half now of year 11, my GCSE exams are in May/June. Should I start thoroughly revising now? How many hours a day etc?
    I wouldn't bother revising, they are ridiculously easy.

ReputationRep:
    That I wasted so much time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    Not continuing on to Grade 6 piano in year 10 because I thought I'd have a massive workload.

The amount of free time I had in year 10 and the first half of year 11 was ridiculously large.

Also, I'm in my second half now of year 11, my GCSE exams are in May/June. Should I start thoroughly revising now? How many hours a day etc?

Other than your homework, I'd say about 5 hours every weekend... I managed to get all A*/A with that. Pick up a few more hours closer to the exams and do mock papers to see where you're at,

ReputationRep:
    Not keeping up with violin lessons - I got to grade 4 and stopped in Year 8 because I thought it was uncool... I loved being in my school's orchestra too!

Taking Art GCSE even though I can't draw or paint or anything... Why?!

Taking English Lit for A Level - I wish I took Geography instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I wish I continued my piano lessons.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheFlowersInMay)
    Not going to one of the nearer schools(It takes me 30-45 minutes(Though I do walk at snail pace) to get to school. The nearest is less than 10 minutes away)
    I have over an hour bus ride each way every day to college, and had the same at secondary school. Count yourself lucky!
    My nearest secondary school is literally 2 minutes walk down the road, but it's rubbish, so I'm really pleased I didn't go there!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Slacking off once I'd got into the college I wanted for GCSE, I ended up having mocks that were 4 grades higher than the real things!

ReputationRep:
    Wish that I had carried on studying French and German for GCSE, as I am about to embark on a career where these languages would have been handy to know. Never mind, life goes on

ReputationRep:
    That I messed about when if I actually did work I could have achieved a lot more!!

ReputationRep:
    Could easily have got better GCSEs, although I blame my sugar school partly for that, and I probably should have gone to the sixth form in my area rather than the college.

ReputationRep:
    All of it! I was a 'rebel' who was obviously too cool for homework or revision. I wish I'd taken up the opportunity to go to boarding school, I wish I'd revised for my GCSEs instead of winging it (could have been worse), I wish I'd played more sports at school, I wish I hadn't been so anti-social and tried to make more friends and most of all, I wish I'd accepted the trip to Russia!! I was 1 of 4 GCSE students offered a spot on the AS level trip and I turned it down because I wouldn't have known people.

ReputationRep:
    Disregarding science [Bio, Chem and phys] from basically the start of school. Still can't forgive myself for this one despite 2nd year into uni and doing a different type of science degree [Mathematics].
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Not keeping up with piano past high school. Will relearn it when I get a keyboard some day! Also not being able to keep up competition obedience past university.

ReputationRep:
    Not making enough effort to get with girls.

ReputationRep:
    Going to an all girls school.

ReputationRep:
    Ruining my collection of 10 A*s with an A in Latin, AN A!!! How dare AQA!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Taking DiDA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I could have pushed myself a little harder for my GCSE's, hence would have got into a good sixth form college and hence would have performed better in my A-levels.
    i am sorry for you not doing achieve of you desirability

ReputationRep:
    Not learning a foreign language properly. Eugh

And listening to teachers who told me I'd never get into medicine. Some people shouldn't be allowed to influence young minds.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.