Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would the BNP be Good for Britain? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeman560)
    Stop peddling that UAF bull****. Not every racist person or organisation immediately qualifies to be a Nazi, I hate it when people throw that term around like it means nothing.
    Maybe you hate it because it is true perhaps???? Grow up and smell the Roses. The BNP are scumbags, pure and simple. If they had it there way, 98% of the UK population would be deported. The reason for this is, is because that percentage of people who live in this country come from a Immigration background, whether it is the Pole who came here in 2004, or if you were born here and had non-UK Parents, GrandParents or even further back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelticSymphony67)
    Maybe you hate it because it is true perhaps???? Grow up and smell the Roses. The BNP are scumbags, pure and simple. If they had it there way, 98% of the UK population would be deported. The reason for this is, is because that percentage of people who live in this country come from a Immigration background, whether it is the Pole who came here in 2004, or if you were born here and had non-UK Parents, GrandParents or even further back.
    While it is morally satisfying to call the BNP Nazis, and while their ideology is indeed racist, xenophobic and abhorrent it is no longer plausibly describable as a Nazi, or fascist, party at all.

Calling them Nazi only invites them to prove to the public that they aren’t, and, because this is now probably technically true, they can then just sit back, smile, and say to the public: "See. Our opponents told you we were bad because we were Nazis, and we’ve now proved we’re not Nazis. So we must not be bad."

ReputationRep:
    They are Scumbags. There way of thinking is, unless you can prove you are a true Brit, which could well mean going back god knows how many generations, then they want you out. In my view, they are just like :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Stop peddling that UAF bull****. Not every racist person or organisation immediately qualifies to be a Nazi, I hate it when people throw that term around like it means nothing.
    Their predecessor party the National Front, which virtually all of their founders and leading figures are former members of, was an openly fascist and anti-semitic party. The founder of the BNP said "Mein Kampf is my bible" and its leader since 1999 is a former (he says) Holocaust denier and supporter of the Ku Klux Klan.

But no, not Nazi at all.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    While it is morally satisfying to call the BNP Nazis, and while their ideology is indeed racist, xenophobic and abhorrent it is no longer plausibly describable as a Nazi, or fascist, party at all.

Calling them Nazi only invites them to prove to the public that they aren’t, and, because this is now probably technically true, they can then just sit back, smile, and say to the public: "See. Our opponents told you we were bad because we were Nazis, and we’ve now proved we’re not Nazis. So we must not be bad."
    Nazi may not be accurate because there are some fundamental Nazi traits that the BNP don't hold (any more), like antisemitism, anti-disability, expansionism, etc. Fascist on the other hand, is indeed accurate - authoritarian, protectionist, state-promoted nationalism is precisely what fascism is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Their predecessor party the National Front, which virtually all of their founders and leading figures are former members of, was an openly fascist and anti-semitic party. The founder of the BNP said "Mein Kampf is my bible" and its leader since 1999 is a former (he says) Holocaust denier and supporter of the Ku Klux Klan.

But no, not Nazi at all.:rolleyes:
    :facepalm2:

You don't seem to understand what a Nazi is.

The Nazi's were fascist but not every fascist is a Nazi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsmithy11)
    I think so. They have many great policies for restoring British culture and economic properity. Just a few good things about them are the prevention of imigration. This means more jobs for native Brits and less strain on public services. They want to slash welfare which would remove most of the deficit and help us get back into growth.

On the social side they are very pro Christian, and would restore the lost Christian morality we need back into our schools. I think this would help children to learn the difference between right and wrong which is far more subjective in an athiest run society.

I particularly like there stance on crime, which is generally harsh and involves corpral punishment and the death penalty. I won't say muich on this as it is a given that this would be good for this country.

They will also end this enviroment madness that stops us building more power stations and litters the country with wind turbines. Gloabal warming has been disproven so many times we need to put it behind us and stop funding all these green projects which really just put money in the hands of the rich.

Overall they are a great party and I hope they win the next election. What are your thoughts?
    Please expand on lost Christian morality?

Homophobia? Sexism? Racism? Burning Witchs maybe?

Even things like 'Thou shalt not kill.' are failing to stand up when considering the modern moral issues such as euthanasia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsmithy11)
    I think so. They have many great policies for restoring British culture and economic properity. Just a few good things about them are the prevention of imigration. This means more jobs for native Brits and less strain on public services. They want to slash welfare which would remove most of the deficit and help us get back into growth.

On the social side they are very pro Christian, and would restore the lost Christian morality we need back into our schools. I think this would help children to learn the difference between right and wrong which is far more subjective in an athiest run society.

I particularly like there stance on crime, which is generally harsh and involves corpral punishment and the death penalty. I won't say muich on this as it is a given that this would be good for this country.

They will also end this enviroment madness that stops us building more power stations and litters the country with wind turbines. Gloabal warming has been disproven so many times we need to put it behind us and stop funding all these green projects which really just put money in the hands of the rich.

Overall they are a great party and I hope they win the next election. What are your thoughts?
    It would be excellent... For every Christian, straight, white BNP supporter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelticSymphony67)
    Tbf they wouldn't go that far because the cut off point is having ancestry since the 1800's or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    I'm out of rep. And I'm so pissed off about it.

That was perfect.
    It's the thought that counts I suppose and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Why I hate Nick Griffin, Remember him on Question Time in 2009? Absolute scumbag :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    I think they would do a better job than the current mob.

ReputationRep:
    Nick Griffin has the most unsymetrical face in Britian. In Europe, actually. That's all I wanted to say.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I don't know much about politics, but, I feel that a party that is known for being hateful, intolerant and offensive, can not surely be good for our country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    Nick Griffin has the most unsymetrical face in Britian. In Europe, actually. That's all I wanted to say.
    I Only just noticed when I read this then looked at the thumbnail:rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    What good troll

ReputationRep:
    in a word; no.

ReputationRep:
    No. Bunch of Baboons (The BNP)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    x
    Brilliant post. I particularly like the bit about doctors being unable to find work. You just need to copy and paste it again and again until it sinks in.

ReputationRep:
    I'd give them a go, if for the only reason they are the only true economically left wing party left in this country.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.