Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul PTS)
    Well, you may offer yourself as the teacher of English language or a kind of volunteer. I myself - can't teach English, I'm not a native speaker... But be sure - if I would - I could.
    Yeah, i looked into that, through companies like Frontier, but I'm pretty sure you still have to pay for your flights. Ah, you could teach your native language maybe? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CT1402)
    Yeah, i looked into that, through companies like Frontier, but I'm pretty sure you still have to pay for your flights. Ah, you could teach your native language maybe? (:
    My native one is Russian, I live in Russia for all my life. At Uni I teach mostly Law disciplines. I'm Russian Criminal Law PhD 12.00.08

ReputationRep:
    If I were you. I would offer you to create the place for yourself - yourself. Several months ago I couldn't imagine that the officials may be really nice people, ready to help. But I had arranged the practice in municipal bodies for 31 student, yes I did. 1 district (something like what you call county), 2 cities, 3 towns, 3 civil parish administrations (сельских поселений, don't know how to call it in English better). 1 February - 31 March. Two months. 31 person - practice in the administrations.

ReputationRep:
    Hey (: I'm planning to go traveling in the summer, I'd love to go to SE Asia but the flights are just a bit expensive from the UK ): I was thinking of maybe going inter rail through Europe, because you can pick up a monthly rail ticket for quite cheap.

What sort of budget were you thinking? I'm trying to raise money at the money, I really need to get a job at some point (:
    Where you talking to me or the russian guy

When exactly during this summer were you thinking of travelling, and how long would you want your trip to be?
    I am very open to any ideas for possible destinations and going inter rail thorugh Europe sounds like a really nice idea. I also prefer trains instead of airplanes.
    I am not really sure about the budget yet, how much do you think you would be able to gather for the trip?

Also are there any places you´d want to specifically visit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shwareb)
    I am very open to any ideas for possible destinations and going inter rail thorugh Europe sounds like a really nice idea. I also prefer trains instead of airplanes.
    I am not really sure about the budget yet, how much do you think you would be able to gather for the trip?

I saw an interesting UK web-site where in the details was the road by trains from London to Moscow (but I don't remember it's name), everything was counted and was in the details. At Moscow they got Trans-Siberian and went to Beijing. Well, you know this popular British travel way? From London to Moscow through Europe capitals, than - Beijing, after that from China by sea to NZ or Australia, and from there they usually take airplane to London. But I don't know much details. But as I heard, British call this way - around the globe or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, OP. I know another train to Beijing from Moscow, except trans-siberian. It isn't so fast, but not so expensive. And it goes from another railroad station of Moscow than the trans-siberian one. And don't forget - in Russia: Beijing - Pekin - Пекин, China - Kitay- Китай.

ReputationRep:
    I saw an interesting UK web-site where in the details was the road by trains from London to Moscow (but I don't remember it's name), everything was counted and was in the details. At Moscow they got Trans-Siberian and went to Bejing. Well, you know this popular British travel way? From London to Moscow through Europe capitals, than - Bejing, after that from China by sea to NZ or Australia, and from there they usually take airplane to London. But I don't know much details. But as I heard, British call this way - around the globe or something like that.
    Well I live in Malmo, Sweden which is an hour travel from London by airplane. So maybe I can travel there and then do this around the globe thing.
    Any british person who knows anything about this?

It really does sound great however, but then I might not see much but spend the majority of the trip traveeling between places.

ReputationRep:
    Well I live in Malmo, Sweden which is an hour travel from London by airplane.
    I know where Malmo is - from computer games, that's old Hansa city.

ReputationRep:
    Where you talking to me or the russian guy

When exactly during this summer were you thinking of travelling, and how long would you want your trip to be?

Just the thread in general (:

I was thinking July/August time, and probably between two weeks to a month, depends how much money i can make (:

Yeah same, i don't really like airplanes, and trains are much cheaper.

Not that sure yet, i would like to think i could make about a £1000, don't know if that would be enough though.

Not really, just generally go about, although i would like to see more of Italy but also some more obscure countries.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly you won't see the countries in the details if you travel fast.
    For example traditionally Russia is Moscow Kremlin and the Golden Ring.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Ring
    And Sergiev Posad, the place where I live is the closest to Moscow from all GR towns.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you. I would offer you to create the place for yourself - yourself. Several months ago I couldn't imagine that the officials may be really nice people, ready to help. But I had arranged the practice in municipal bodies for 31 student, yes I did. 1 district (something like what you call county), 2 cities, 3 towns, 3 civil parish administrations (сельских поселений, don't know how to call it in English better). 1 February - 31 March. Two months. 31 person - practice in the administrations.
    Okay thanks, I'll look into that some more.

ReputationRep:
    Just the thread in general (:

I was thinking July/August time, and probably between two weeks to a month, depends how much money i can make (:

Yeah same, i don't really like airplanes, and trains are much cheaper.

Not that sure yet, i would like to think i could make about a £1000, don't know if that would be enough though.

Not really, just generally go about, although i would like to see more of Italy but also some more obscure countries.
    Well July/August sounds like a good time, and the time span is pretty good aswell.

I could match that budget and go above if necessary.

I was in Italy last year with my class for three days. We were in Rome and it was quite nice.

Have you thought about accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, I'll look into that some more.
    Take a look here, btw.
    http://www.stsl.ru/languages/en/page1.php

ReputationRep:
    Well July/August sounds like a good time, and the time span is pretty good aswell.

I could match that budget and go above if necessary.

I was in Italy last year with my class for three days. We were in Rome and it was quite nice.

Have you thought about accomodation?
    I was thinking hostels, I've stayed in a few in the UK and it actually wasn't that bad, although i guess i depends where you go to. What were you thinking about accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking hostels, I've stayed in a few in the UK and it actually wasn't that bad, although i guess i depends where you go to. What were you thinking about accommodation?
    I was also thinking hostels. I was in a physics competition this year in Germany and during our stay there I lived in a hostel and it wasn´t bad at all

ReputationRep:
    I was also thinking hostels. I was in a physics competition this year in Germany and during our stay there I lived in a hostel and it wasn´t bad at all
    Yeah, i was quite scared at first after watching the film hostel, but I'm over that now (:

ReputationRep:
    Why would you possibly want to travel with a random guy/girl?

Just go with your mates :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hi friends
    Traveling is one of the most enjoyable and interesting things we can do, but with traveling comes some risks. We all know that it's not always safe to travel and that some of the things associated with it, such as money and hotel stays bring with them some additional risks as well. There are some top ten safe travel tips that you can use to make your travels more safe and enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably want to travel for two weeks. I prefer trains instead of airplanes because I am slightly afraid of flying but love trains!
    I would be interested in visiting mainland Europe, but are there any specific countries you would be interested in visiting?
    Also, isn´t hitchhiking a bit dangerous ? (I´ve never really travelled alone)

well i'm visiting a friend in Germany, and maybe in Switzerland too i hitchhiked england to france, in less than 10 hours without a single problem

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.