Turn on thread page Beta

Books you want made into films/TV series.... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    Michael Grant's 'Gone' series would be quite something. There's rumours that they are planning on making a movie :woo:

(Original post by Em8980)
    I always wanted the CHERUB books to be adapted into films, I think there might be plans to adapt them anyway though.
    I concur with both of these. Although in both cases it'd be tricky - to stay true to the story it'd be unlikely that either would get a rating under a 15, even though younger kids than that read the books

(Original post by Alix23)
    The rest of the Narnia series. Because of Disney, a 4th film can't be made until the end of this year, by which time the cast of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be too old. They're going back to do the Magicians Nephew next, then probably The Horse and His Boy. It's unlikely the series will ever be finished.
    Yeah, Skandar Keynes (the guy who plays Edmund) goes to my college at Cambridge, so I see him around quite often - I think he's about 21 now and it shows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theflyingbarney)

Yeah, Skandar Keynes (the guy who plays Edmund) goes to my college at Cambridge, so I see him around quite often - I think he's about 21 now and it shows
    That is amazing, I am so incredibly jealous! It's so weird when actors from your childhood grow up. I always thought of him as the one around my age, but he's 6 years older than me. Even Georgie's 2 years older than me.
    I think the issue was more with Will Poulter who played Eustace and should have starred in The Silver Chair. He was 16, playing someone around 12. Now he's 20 which is far too old.
    It just makes me sad that such a beautiful series was stopped because of corporate greed.

Just had a wonderful moment of joy when I found out Will is playing Gally in an adaptation of The Maze Runner!

ReputationRep:
    Wheel of Time series. If done correctly it would work amazingly like Game of Thrones!

ReputationRep:
    Conn Iggulden's Emperor and Conqueror series.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigmack)
    Wheel of Time series. If done correctly it would work amazingly like Game of Thrones!
    I've never read them but there's like 14 books isn't there? That would take forever

ReputationRep:
    Darren Shan's - The Demonata Series, so good
    I don't read loads but read everyone in the series

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All of Simon Kernick's novels, but especially Relentless should be made into films. And Richard Laymons novels especially Endless Night should be made into a film too.

ReputationRep:
    I really want Wither by Lauren DeStefano to be made into a film

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I have my books mixed up. Oh my lord, WHAT IS IT'S NAME!?
    Delirium by Lauren Oliver! There are too many Laurens in my book collection

ReputationRep:
    The Rainmaker !

ReputationRep:
    Noughts and Crosses series. 100%, some of my favourite books from my teens! I feel like they would work really well as films.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to see Maureen Johnson's Shades of London series made into a TV series

ReputationRep:
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Before I go to Sleep
    13 Reasons Why
    The Airhead Series
    Noughts and Crosses Series
    *Any book by Sarah Dessen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    Noughts and Crosses series. 100%, some of my favourite books from my teens! I feel like they would work really well as films.
    Oh my goodness, absolutely agree!!!

ReputationRep:
    Gallagher girls, though I can't see how the first 2 books would be made into a film so they would just have to skip to books 3,4 and 5!

Also the trylle trilogy.

And poison studies.

Heist society would be great to do as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always wanted the CHERUB books to be adapted into films, I think there might be plans to adapt them anyway though.
    Omg that would be so great! There are so many of them though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    Michael Grant's 'Gone' series would be quite something. There's rumours that they are planning on making a movie :woo:
    I've read a few of them. I think it'd make a much better tv show. There are a lot of characters and they could be fleshed out properly on a tv show, wouldn't be enough time if it was a film. The books are also pretty fast paced and action packed so they could easily keep every episode fairly exciting.

ReputationRep:
    I think 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern would make a visually beautiful film!

ReputationRep:
    'Noughts And Crosses' Series - Malorie Blackman
    'Gone' Series - Michael Grant
    'Cherub' Series - Robert Muchamore
    'TimeRiders' Series - Alex Scarrow
    'Alpha Force' Series - Chris Ryan
    'Paper Towns' - John Green

ReputationRep:
    This x1000000. They were my favourite books as a kid! He's been going on about the film for ages though so I'm starting to lose hope

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.