The Student Room Group

A2 Level Applied ICT Unit 7 June 2013- EDEXCEL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
HI guys for those of you that wanted the data files for Unit 3, i have included them below... As soon as the unit 7 ones are released ill upload them!
Original post by Dillon81
HI guys for those of you that wanted the data files for Unit 3, i have included them below... As soon as the unit 7 ones are released ill upload them!

Hey man thanx for uploading this.. could you also upload the pre scenario if any.. much appreciated :smile:
Reply 22
Here you go!!
Reply 23
Apparently the teachers receive the files that they have to give us for the exam on the 26th... However they are not allowed to show us these and they cannot give us any hints.
Reply 24
on the scenario it says that there will be no PRACTICE files! we wont get any files before the exam... well have to wait for D-day!!
Hey guys, i need some help here. In the pre scenario there is task 2-Adding a Monthly Fitness test and in that task what does generation of a new record for each exercise, for each student, in readiness for their fitness test results, what does this question mean.. whaat do they want??
Pls help
Thanx
Reply 26
I have created four different tables with fictional data but everytime i try to make relationships between them they dont work! And i cannot figure out for the life of me how to do the unique ID thing :/ Anybody got any ideas? I am taking this exam in a week and i cant figure any of it out!!
What date is everyone starting their exam? We start really early, 8th of May.
Reply 28
Hello guys

I have found practice exam data files for 6957 on edexcel website but i don't have Edexcel password of any teacher so please can someone upload them. Quick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367181645.786036.jpg

here is a screenshot of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
According to my teacher this is not a practice file it is the real data file (looking at the screenshot that is what it says as well). He says that the files are given to the centres before the start date so they can mae sure they load ok and are all in place before the exam takes place - we (students) are not meant to see it till next week when the exam starts. Interesting thing though is that according to the screenshot this is a text file - ONE text file - if you look at all the previous ones they have been zip files that contained multiple text files. Do you think this means we are only having one file to make the tables from???
Reply 31
Reply 32
Can someone please summarise the which tables do we have to make and fields in each table ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also if any one can summarise the relationships and why it's that way??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 34
there are 4 tables.
student : fitness month : fitness test results : exercises

this is an easy db to do. We have worked through a hypothetical situation
Reply 35
Ithink there are three tables

And can you tell the fields in each table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by strugglestudent
What date is everyone starting their exam? We start really early, 8th of May.

7th May we start ours :K:
Reply 37
I need all the help I can get in this exam.. Our teacher is worse than useless and thinks that all we need to know is to make tables and we'll be fine, when in reality i know we need to know macros, forms, queries, dcounts etc and I know very little about databases...

Can anyone help? I start the exam on the 8th
hey guys i had a doubt in my head.. where if say the student id that is produced is correctly produced but is different from the method that edexcel has shown in the mark scheme so do they give marks for the question because the output is correct but method is wrong????
Reply 39
I think there are three tables

1 Students
2 Test
3 Exercise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending