Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaterfrontWAR)
    I'm not sure exactly what the changes are (though rumours were abound), but if you're lucky you'll get some civil engineering in there (the dean was pushing for it last year) as otherwise, third year Civil becomes torturous.

First year will probably still have things that you've been taught before, most first years bring everybody up to speed and the same level as different students will have been taught different courses and to differing degrees.

Advice? First year isn't (wasn't) too difficult, take advantage of that to enjoy your time at Warwick, but keep in mind that its useful to know that stuff as the concepts underpin and feed into your other years...
    I called Mrs. Bradbury, and she said that the changes will be such in order to prepare the students more for the transitions during the third year. I'll probably be studying during each vacation anyways..

They updated it today: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/en...uct/year1mods/

ReputationRep:
    so by the looks of it, design for function and business has stayed the same, 'tech science 1' has gone from 30 CATS to 45 CATS, so I'm guessing that's where the ad-ons have come in :P

ReputationRep:
    warwick engineering 2013 entry group is up https://www.facebook.com/groups/4913...18386/?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Having just finished first year and looking at those modules, they look like the same content in a different structure.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm doing Mechanical engineering next year and I want to know what textbooks you guys use so I can get a head start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankin Lee)
    Hi guys I'm doing Mechanical engineering next year and I want to know what textbooks you guys use so I can get a head start
    You won't need a head start for year one. Relevant textbooks can be found on the School of Engineering's webpage.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.