Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sunderland sack Martin O'Neill Watch

ReputationRep:
    Di Canio is coming to the PL. He's the perfect man to give the Sunderland squad a boost until the end of the season. There's no time for a new manager to instil his ideas into the team

ReputationRep:
    Not before time. Terrible manager. At least when I've seen his teams play.

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland are going down, they are the reason Villa will survive. Their run in is hard and I can't see where they will get their points from.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Deshi)
    How have I never heard of him turning down Falcao :rofl2:
    In January 2009 River Plate offered Falcao to Villa for £7m. Martin O'Neill decided to go with Emile Heskey instead.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4mourinho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Di Matteo will get it.
    Funny how this 'brilliant' of a manager hasn't managed to get any job since been sacked.

Heard Zola's got it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Di Canio is coming to the PL. He's the perfect man to give the Sunderland squad a boost until the end of the season. There's no time for a new manager to instil his ideas into the team
    Sky announced he was on his way for talks earlier today.

ReputationRep:
    It seems Di Canio is having talks - the PL will certainly be interesting if and when he comes. His press-conferences will be well attended, no doubt. He's charismatic, will gee up the players temporarily but will fizzle out. I would have gone for Gus Poyet who could do the same but be long-term and it's a better job to leave Brighton for than Reading.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2...oach-confirmed

Paolo Di Canio confirmed as manager.

ReputationRep:
    Adam Johnson is delighted by the Di Canio appointment with all the focus on the right wing

ReputationRep:
    What a joke, Di Canio has in no way shown he's a manager capable of managing at the top level. If he hadn't had his playing career he wouldn't have even been considered.

Miliband has also stepped down in protest to his appointment because of the whole fascist thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    In January 2009 River Plate offered Falcao to Villa for £7m. Martin O'Neill decided to go with Emile Heskey instead.
    :eek: lol, now hes worth 50m
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sr90)
    We would have got Champions League if he went for Falcao :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    What a joke, Di Canio has in no way shown he's a manager capable of managing at the top level. If he hadn't had his playing career he wouldn't have even been considered.

Miliband has also stepped down in protest to his appointment because of the whole fascist thing.
    Be happy he got the Job this could work in Arsenal's favour, Chelsea's odds to win against Sunderland just got slimmer the Di Canio effect might just spur the Sunderland players. Chelsea could drop points and Sunderland meet Spurs on the last day of the season

ReputationRep:
    SUnderland definetly going down. The hard nut combative managerial style isn't cut up for PL players. I expect him to do a Shearer and get maximum of 4 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    SUnderland definetly going down. The hard nut combative managerial style isn't cut up for PL players. I expect him to do a Shearer and get maximum of 4 points.
    Di Canio has passion and has demonstrated he has some managerial quality whereas Shearer never fitted the role he was given.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Di Canio has passion and has demonstrated he has some managerial quality whereas Shearer never fitted the role he was given.
    Well at least he'll bring some enthusiasm. Imagine if he did anything like this against Newcastle for example.

ReputationRep:
    Purely from an entertainment standpoint I'm delighted he's going to be managing in the Premier League. Anyone who subs their keeper after 20 minutes because of a poor performance has my approval.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Purely from an entertainment standpoint I'm delighted he's going to be managing in the Premier League. Anyone who subs their keeper after 20 minutes because of a poor performance has my approval.
    That stuff might work with League 1 players but Prem players with inflated egos in all honesty I can see a player revolt at Sunderland after a few weeks. Not sure how many of you are familiar with his managerial "methods" but they seems excessive....I can't wait for Chelsea V Sunderland

ReputationRep:
    I don't care who manages Sunderland, but as a neutral I'm glad they've hired a guy who will actually make their interviews interesting. O'Neill is the cure for insomnia. The most boring, montone manager ever.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.