PC because I don't want to be a target of theft :moon:

Thinkpad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mac

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Macs

ReputationRep:
    Err Linux of course...

ReputationRep:
    None. I personally prefer my Mac, but both systems have advantages and disadvantages.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PC - an apple keeps the doctor away and I want to meet a time lord.

ReputationRep:
    PC

ReputationRep:
    PC. No split screen in Mac. Suck it! You have to, ugh, manually re-size two windows to create a "split screen" effect. + PCs are a lot cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    This argument was obsolete ever since windows 7 came out.

ReputationRep:
    Mac, Windows copied the Mac in a lot of different ways. Although Macs are more expensive you don't need to replace the hard drive every year.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say mac is. Every mac caters to the disabled for no additional costs. The keyboard is braille, the gestures you use serves a one armed person and the list is endless. I had a friend with one arm and when her macbook got stolen, she got another mac without contemplation. Not cause she was rich but cause she couldn't use anything else. She uses photoshop better than any other person I know and I doubt using a PC would give her the leeway she has with a mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Isn't it obvious? Macs are so much easier to use!

When I was a Windows user I had no idea what I was doing!

What is this start thingy?
    [snip]
    And I am sure every PC user feels the same way about Mac when unfamiliar with it.

ReputationRep:
    PC. It's better for gaming and you can run [insert power hungry game here] cheaply and effectively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddlesnap)
    PC. Cheaper, easier to replace components if they break, and you don't look like a prat.
    the last bit is just insulting....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamBeowulf)
    PC for sure.

I used a Mac recently for the first time and had no idea wtf to do - I felt like I'd never used a computer before
    Well there you go, they are supposed to be different, spend a week with one and you'd know how to use it easily.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PC... and if you like you can 'play with' bits of the OS more easily if you know what your doing, there's more free stuff - ok so there are mrope viruses - so what? get an anti-virus and you're just as protected as a mac - plus you get more power for your money and if you aren't used to mac it's much easier to use - though UNIX terminal (mac and linux) are better than windows command line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liftman)
    PC

More powerful per £

More software available without having to "emulate"

Easy repairs

No soldered in memory chips

More available accessories

Not such a target for theft

Easier/cheaper upgrades

Not as pretentious as Apple

Not having to deal with the "genius" at stores

I could go on, but I won't.

Oh yeah gotta hate having to deal with those geniuses. Remind me what you do when your PC breaks down again?

ReputationRep:
    By PC I'm assuming you mean Windows.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, it all boils down to preference.

P.S. Why word limit?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.